The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 14 February 2024, 06:59 AM   #91
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by rushca01 View Post
So did you get the BLNR yet or not!?!?! Surely the AD isn’t letting it sit around lol.
He said "the next one that comes in." The conversation happened this Saturday so maybe in the next two weeks?
Nads786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2024, 09:56 AM   #92
Travis29
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LV / BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by GONZO2LR View Post
i really hate it when you cant decide for yourself...but the wife will make that decision for you...that is called controlling....

but what the F do i know, been divorced twice....

couples need hobbies together or separate ...no it's not a hobby...the wife's hobby is to keep you in line and unhappy.
Good thing my wife supports the rolex habit.
Travis29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2024, 10:32 AM   #93
Bladeshot
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nads786 View Post
I'm younger in my collecting journey and sometimes feel uncomfortable having two high end watches. It might be a mental thing for me. I have five total other watches and all are primarily to look at not to wear.

They also have a combined value of $700, mostly Hamilton, Orient and some gifts such as a wood watch for being a Best Man.

The thought of having two high end watches, one sitting on the shelf feels off to me for now at least.

I do understand this feeling. No matter where we are in the journey, sometimes we think it’s not a good use of resources, or somehow wasteful, or does not fit our situation. Keep the wife happy! Get the BLNR. You can always replace the sub.

Just another WIS who loves to trade.
@bladeandwatch1 on IG
Old 14 February 2024, 11:30 AM   #94
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bladeshot View Post
I do understand this feeling. No matter where we are in the journey, sometimes we think it’s not a good use of resources, or somehow wasteful, or does not fit our situation. Keep the wife happy! Get the BLNR. You can always replace the sub.

@bladeandwatch1 on IG
I was just sitting at the airport headed to this conference crunching the numbers to justify keeping both, but with variable comp and some big daycare expenses I’m leaning toward playing it safe.

I’ll prob keep both for a few months and then decide which one I want, hold the loser until Q4 to see how close I am to hitting my sales target and bonus and then make the decision to sell or not.

Sales is just too volatile until the dust settles at EOY.
Old 14 February 2024, 12:49 PM   #95
Bladeshot

Watch: GMT 1675 PCG Gilt
Quote:
I was just sitting at the airport headed to this conference crunching the numbers to justify keeping both, but with variable comp and some big daycare expenses I’m leaning toward playing it safe.

I’ll prob keep both for a few months and then decide which one I want, hold the loser until Q4 to see how close I am to hitting my sales target and bonus and then make the decision to sell or not.

Sales is just too volatile until the dust settles at EOY.

@bladeandwatch1 on IG
Old 14 February 2024, 01:07 PM   #96
Travis29
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LV / BLNR
Why is this debate 4 pages long, OPs AD said next one that comes in, def not a for sure thing- could be months or never.
Travis29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 February 2024, 07:46 PM   #97
JP_2015
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
I have both. I wore the Sub yesterday. I’m wearing the GMT today. I’d never get rid of either.

If I were you I’d buy it in a heartbeat.

Everyone’s wrists are different. I think the Sub is the most perfect fitting watch I have. But my GMT fits really good, too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
The perfect combo. I do prefer the Batman over the batgirl, but that black and blue is the best colour variation imo
JP_2015 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2024, 02:29 AM   #98
eric.john
"TRF" Member

I went from a sub to my current GMT II. No regrets here, I know there are folks on here who say they go back to the sub later on etc, not me.

And yes, it does wear better in my opinion.
eric.john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2024, 02:36 AM   #99
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
My AD just told me it would be much easier to get the sub LV and then the GMT later. Back to where I ended and then get the Daytona done the road. Seems like the BLNR is really hot to get right now.
Old 15 February 2024, 04:26 AM   #100
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by JRell View Post
My AD just told me it would be much easier to get the sub LV and then the GMT later. Back to where I ended and then get the Daytona done the road. Seems like the BLNR is really hot to get right now.
Very interesting, I wouldn't expect that - especially with the rarity of the LV. You think you'll flip your LN for LV?
Old 15 February 2024, 04:51 AM   #101
kopi-c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks everyone for the suggestions and thoughts. I'm planning on purchasing and seeing which one I like better of ideally keeping both. I'm wearing my Sub this morning and it would be tough to move on from this piece.
GMT almost looks the same as the sub, just the 24H bi-color bezel and fluted bracelet makes it look different from the outside... also, you could prob purchase the oyster bracelet for the GMT later on.

For me personally, I would not keep both watches. Let go of the sub and keep the GMT only :)
kopi-c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2024, 05:05 AM   #102
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
Very interesting, I wouldn't expect that - especially with the rarity of the LV. You think you'll flip your LN for LV?
Yes I believe so.
Old 15 February 2024, 03:17 PM   #103
Benjack
2024 Pledge Member

It all depends on what you really like, I would buy the BLNR at first sight hence I can afford both and find it very appealing and for a GMT function.
Benjack is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2024, 05:10 PM   #104
MYK
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: @kuwaitinglist
Reading through the comments I am quite surprised, for me the 41mm submariner is easily the most comfortable watch and I love the glidelock clasp. However, between the two, I think I would also pick the BLNR. Kind of in the same boat as you are, awaiting the call for a GMT and if I do I will probably sell my datejust for it and if I had to sell another eventually, I think the sub before the GMT. Easily the most useful complication (for me) and looks stunning.
Konstantin Chaykin Joker Classic
SEVENFRIDAY
@Kuwaitinglist
MYK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2024, 02:09 PM   #105
RyanO
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: LVc
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Our trusted sellers. One particular seller just moved 5 pre owned BLNR in one week at a range of $16.5-$18.5. Patrick just sold a few this last week and has a new one up to replace it for $18.8 cash price. Chase had a lot of BLNR models and is currently completely out with selling his last BLNR of maybe 6 in the past two weeks. Than sold his last BLNR and is currently out of them. David is selling them at a higher premium of $21.3K new and $18k preowned and is moving them slower, but they are moving even at that price point.

I have spoken to enough of our sellers this past month to know they are on the uptick and selling fast including oyster bracelet models that are a bit lower in price but selling as well. I mentioned it awhile back the SS GMT is on the move up where others have stabilized in this slow after Christmas time. There was a Rolex allotment release of new 23/24 BLNR models this past month and they were bought up quickly. This is where the sudden TRF incoming of BLNR models we saw members get on the forum this last month. The way Rolex releases their allotments, it might be some time for another GMT allotment.

https://www.ocwatchguy.com/watch/rol...6710blnr/10451

https://www.ocwatchguy.com/watch/rol...6710blnr/10441

I have also seen prices ticking up on the BLNR. Good analysis

RyanO is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 February 2024, 09:56 PM   #106
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
BLNR at Retail

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYK View Post
Reading through the comments I am quite surprised, for me the 41mm submariner is easily the most comfortable watch and I love the glidelock clasp. However, between the two, I think I would also pick the BLNR. Kind of in the same boat as you are, awaiting the call for a GMT and if I do I will probably sell my datejust for it and if I had to sell another eventually, I think the sub before the GMT. Easily the most useful complication (for me) and looks stunning.

I agree. I have the Submariner 114060 and because of glidelock, it fits perfectly on me. The GMT on the jubilee is ever so slightly either too tight or too loose on me. I have a similar problem with my DJ41, too. But I wear both all the time anyway.

I also agree with you about the stunning looks of the GMT BLNR.

Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 12:57 AM   #107
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by MYK View Post
I popped into a Rolex AD in San Diego one more time to see how the BLNR on oyster felt on my wrist. This time I carefully looked at the clasp and the feel and for me it feels more comfortable.

I'm wearing my sub here and it just feels a bit less comfortable than I would prefer. I think it's really the 21M bracelet and clasp.

Edit: on a separate note I watched some videos on the GMT function, I didn’t realize the GMT hand was suppose to be read with the bezel numerials, that is really convenient to quickly switch time zones. Its basically a world timer.
Old 17 February 2024, 01:19 AM   #108
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I agree. I have the Submariner 114060 and because of glidelock, it fits perfectly on me. The GMT on the jubilee is ever so slightly either too tight or too loose on me. I have a similar problem with my DJ41, too. But I wear both all the time anyway.

I also agree with you about the stunning looks of the GMT BLNR.

Have you moved any of the micro adjustments in the clasp?? Between those and moving a Jubilee link, you can get an identical sizing to what a glidelock clasp can adjust to as the Jubilee links are shorter than an oyster link.

You have a 3mm for the micro adjustment in clasp.
You have a 8mm per jubilee link.
You have a 5 mm per Easylink extension.
Between playing with those combos you can really get a fine tune adjustment.
Old 17 February 2024, 03:35 AM   #109
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Have you moved any of the micro adjustments in the clasp?? Between those and moving a Jubilee link, you can get an identical sizing to what a glidelock clasp can adjust to as the Jubilee links are shorter than an oyster link.

You have a 3mm for the micro adjustment in clasp.
You have a 8mm per jubilee link.
You have a 5 mm per Easylink extension.
Between playing with those combos you can really get a fine tune adjustment.

Tools are required, right?

Krash is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 17 February 2024, 03:42 AM   #110
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Tools are required, right?

Moving the micro adjustment to another of the 3 holes in the clasp is pretty easy and only requires a springbar fork. Moving a link around only requires a proper fitting screwdriver.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthread.php?t=932527
Old 2 March 2024, 08:37 PM   #111
madsitalia
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II 226570
Quote:
I popped into a Rolex AD in San Diego one more time to see how the BLNR on oyster felt on my wrist. This time I carefully looked at the clasp and the feel and for me it feels more comfortable.

I'm wearing my sub here and it just feels a bit less comfortable than I would prefer. I think it's really the 21M bracelet and clasp.

Edit: on a separate note I watched some videos on the GMT function, I didn’t realize the GMT hand was suppose to be read with the bezel numerials, that is really convenient to quickly switch time zones. Its basically a world timer.
Just curious how did it end? Did you buy it?
madsitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 March 2024, 12:33 PM   #112
AmgAslLolBrb
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I have a unique situation and opportunity to purchase a BLNR at retail.

I just got the Sub in December so there may be a situation where one is gone after a few months.

I love my Sub, but the BLNR always appealed to me and this may be a chance to finally try a GMT and see which one I truly like better.

What are everyone’s thoughts on this strategy? Owners of both is the GMT more wearable? I ask because right before I got my Sub I got to try on a GMT side by side with a Sub both on oyster and the GMT felt much more comfortable.

If there is one negative of the sub is its heft. Coming from a BB58, without any micro adjustment, the sub is still less comfortable.
It's a tough one, I do love the Blue of the Batman, however not a huge fan of the polished center links, love the comfort of the Sub and glide lock, however can seem plain at times...so I choose the VTNR and SD43 lol.

AmgAslLolBrb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 09:57 AM   #113
Nads786
"TRF" Member

I got the call - expect an incoming thread by Tuesday / Wednesday of next week!
Old 20 April 2024, 10:19 AM   #114
Joearch

Watch: Daytona + GMT BLNR
BLNR on oyster is an excellent piece. I believe the OP will be very pleased.
Joearch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 11:03 AM   #115
Carguy87
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Quote:
Congrats man!!
Tudor: Black Bay GMT Opaline
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 06:19 PM   #116
madsitalia
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II 226570
Quote:
Nice. Good choice. Looking forward to pictures
madsitalia is offline   Reply With Quote