The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Reviews (Non-Rolex)

Old 5 April 2024, 01:53 AM   #1
Stan Cooper
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT-Master II
Zelos Mako GMT 300M Blue Meteorite

The hits just keep on coming from Zelos, a Singapore microbrand.

My Mako GMT was delivered Tuesday evening by DHL, and is my fourth watch from the brand. Blue is my favorite color, and the PVD blue meteorite dial and polished ceramic blue bezel caught my eye initially, but it was the specs and US$729 price tag for a "true" traveler GMT that cinched the deal. Other dial options are less expensive than the meteorite.

The Miyota 9075 specs (accuracy -10~+30 seconds per day) were a bit underwhelming, so I was thrilled with the results of yesterday's timegrapher tests:

On my wrist over 36 hours, it has gained 2 seconds, which is very impressive for a watch selling for less than $800. Admittedly, it's a bit early to make any long term judgment, but based on past experience with the brand I'm optimistic.

Some specs:

• DIAMETER : 40MM
• LUG TO LUG LENGTH: 46MM
• THICKNESS: 12MM WITHOUT CRYSTAL, 14.7MM WITH DOMED CRYSTAL
• CASE: 316L SS
• BEZEL: CERAMIC WITH POLISHED FINISH
• LUG WIDTH : 20MM
• MOVEMENT: MIYOTA 9075 TRUE GMT
• WATER RESISTANCE: 300M
• CRYSTAL: DOMED SAPPHIRE CRYSTAL WITH INNER AR COATING
• LUME: SUPERLUMINOVA C3 AND BGW9
• BRACELET: 316L SS WITH UPDATED QUICK ADJUST CLASP

The Miyota 9075 movement has a jump 12 hour hand (forward and backward) that increments or retards 4 hours per full turn of the crown in the jump hour crown position; the time and date settings are similar to my 16710 GMT II (3185 caliber). Power reserve is >42 hours.

I'll post an update after wearing the watch for a few weeks, but my initial take is that Zelos has produced another winner.

♛16710 GMT-Master II, ♛1915 Rolex WW1 Trench Watch, Zelos Thresher 500m GMT Meteorite, Zelos Swordfish 40 200m Ti Blood Moon Meteorite, Hamilton Pilot Chronograph, Ball Roadmaster Pilot GMT COSC Chronometer, Zelos Mako 300M True GMT Meteorite
It's weird being the same age as old people.

- Stan
Stan Cooper is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2024, 06:44 AM   #2
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

I haven't had much experience with the Miyota 9075, but those accuracy readings look great. Congrats on the new watch - that blue meteorite dial is gorgeous.
thesingularity7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2024, 09:04 AM   #3
Stan Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesingularity7 View Post
I haven't had much experience with the Miyota 9075, but those accuracy readings look great. Congrats on the new watch - that blue meteorite dial is gorgeous.
Thanks! The photos don't do it justice. Here's the caseback and a profile of the crown side of the case.

♛16710 GMT-Master II, ♛1915 Rolex WW1 Trench Watch, Zelos Thresher 500m GMT Meteorite, Zelos Swordfish 40 200m Ti Blood Moon Meteorite, Hamilton Pilot Chronograph, Ball Roadmaster Pilot GMT COSC Chronometer, Zelos Mako 300M True GMT Meteorite

- Stan
Old 6 April 2024, 12:12 AM   #4
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Awesome. Those lumed crowns are super cool!
Old 6 April 2024, 10:35 AM   #5
Stan Cooper

Another great feature of this watch is the really nice quality glidelock style bracelet.

- Stan
Old 11 April 2024, 04:35 AM   #6
Stan Cooper

- Stan
Old 12 April 2024, 05:57 AM   #7
thesingularity7
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Stan Cooper View Post
Another great feature of this watch is the really nice quality glidelock style bracelet.

Nice to see them move to this design. The last Mako I handled had the Omega style extension which I'm not the biggest fan of.
Old 12 April 2024, 10:54 AM   #8
Stan Cooper

Quote:
Originally Posted by thesingularity7 View Post
Nice to see them move to this design. The last Mako I handled had the Omega style extension which I'm not the biggest fan of.
Generally, I don't have to adjust the bracelet, but if I've been doing yardwork on a hot day my wrist does swell a little and this bracelet makes it so easy to readjust it for a perfect fit.

BTW, I've been wearing it every day for over a week, and it's still dead on without resetting the time. Pretty amazing for a $726 automatic watch that's not COSC certified.

- Stan