The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 April 2024, 06:22 PM   #1
Madman37
"TRF" Member

Oysterflex gold strap

Hi All

Hope you are well. Is it possible to put a genuine oysterflex with gold clasp on a steel ceramic daytona
Madman37 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 12:52 AM   #2
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Oysterflex will fit on a steel Daytona as will its steel clasp. Gold clasp on the steel watch would look weird.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 01:07 AM   #3
thebusinessend
"TRF" Member

Even if it would fit getting one would be rather difficult. They are also multiple sizes for the bracelet. before buying anything you will want to research what size/s fit you. For example I have a 6.5" wrost and use two different sized straps on mine. They set up the watch for you when you buy it at the AD so you get a perfect fit. Looking on ebay they single straps are not cheap. And new at the AD they run about $350 for each side. Rolex also will not sell you a strap unless you own a oysterflex watch, and logically I bet they would say No unless your current strap was damaged.
But i think other watches especially a sub would look great on a Oysterflex its so comfortable. I dont love the look of it but its hard to complain when wearing it on a warm day.
thebusinessend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 07:02 AM   #4
ryanbush
"TRF" Member

I believe you will need end links to fit the daytona to the oysterflex, and the gold and stainless cases are just a little different and the gold endlinks won't fit, leaving you the need to source aftermarket end links.
ryanbush is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 02:59 PM   #5
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Quote:
Originally Posted by ryanbush View Post
I believe you will need end links to fit the daytona to the oysterflex, and the gold and stainless cases are just a little different and the gold endlinks won't fit, leaving you the need to source aftermarket end links.
You don’t need to use endlinks to fit Oysterflex to the case. Myself and many others have put our SS Daytonas on OF with aftermarket Smarty endlinks that give a more finished look.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote