The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!! > eBay & Internet Sales WatchOut

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7 June 2019, 01:29 PM   #1
Merkaholic
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust 41, Datej
EBAY...... Alwha24

Better to be safe than sorry from this delinquent.

Its got all the tel tale signs of a scammer.

I enquired about the sub via a number on the last pic on the ad. Prior to ringing him I had already sent him a message via ebay. Over the phone we had a good chat and agreed a price, 6.5k and meet in a WoS in Cardiff. He said he would text me within 20 mins of the terms of our deal just so we are all on the same page. I thought perfect. Btw the ad had only been on a matter of minutes. I called the mrs and she was up for a drive up the m4.

The first worrying sign was he did not have WhatsApp..... I added his number to my phone book and nothing came up (benefit of the doubt)

Next thing I get is a message via ebay, its our man offering me the sub at 6.3k.......Im thinking, his given me all the honest John talk etc and now he wants to sell me the same watch thinking its someone else for £200 less, I messaged back saying 6k take it or leave it. So now he agrees and says he wants a smooth transaction etc.

20 minutes has become now 3+ hrs and message him asking for a confirmation for tomorrow. He replies saying he will get back to me shortly.

Now I start to do some investigating on his ebay add and account. First flag was, no sign of a warranty card. Second, every pic has the top half of the box cut off. Third, only 4 feedback and one of the feedback was from a seller who sold rolex boxes (fakes obviously).

Hypothetically his selling me a rolex at 6.5k and me again via ebay at 6k......interesting.

Now I get a text of the confirmation of the location. He decided to change the location to some watch shop in a outlet retail park rather than WoS in Cardiff........"watch station International" . He said they were an AD. I had never heard of them so googled it.........no ad status and they sell high street watches, armani etc(I have nothing against it). If it was a grey I would not have had an issue with it. I messaged him back asking politely to meet at the original location......... By this point I wasn't going to purchase the piece as there were too many flags. He messages me back saying take it or leave it as he can sell it to 30 people. I politely mentioned my ebay id and said is he one of the 30......lol

Appologies if its brief and not worded correctly, just wanted it out there ASAP incase someone gets burnt.

Ps.... Writing this after a 12hr shift so be polite.

Sent from my CLT-L09 using Tapatalk
Merkaholic is offline   Reply With Quote