The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 April 2024, 07:56 PM   #1
mario1971
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS
The precision of my Rolexes.

Detailed considerations continued. I recently measured the precision of my watches' movements using the WatchCheck app. The results are as follows. Pepsi 126710BLRO (the watch is a little over two years old - I've had it since new) with a 3285 movement and a declared power reserve of 70 hours. Worn alternately with the second watch (one day each), and put aside at night with the glass upside down, within 3 weeks it recorded a deviation of -2s, which gave an average of -0.1s/day. This work loses a few tenths of a second during the day and makes it up at night while lying in a box. The second one - Hulk 116610LV (watch from 2019, bought by me as new and unused exactly a year ago), on the 3135 movement with a declared power reserve of 48 hours. Worn alternately with the second watch (one day each), and left vertically (12 o'clock up) at night. During the two measurement weeks, it achieved a total of +0.4s, which gave an average daily deviation of zero. I must say here that all my 31xx watches accelerated a lot during the day, and when properly set at 12 o'clock upwards, they eliminated the acceleration achieved during the day overnight. The third watch in line is the Daytona Panda 116500LN (a watch from May last year, new to me), with a 4130 movement and a declared power reserve of 72 hours. Worn alternately with a second watch and placed on its side with the crown up at night, it accelerated by a total of 12 seconds over 7 weeks, which gave an average of +0.5 seconds/day. I had already carried out similar tests on these and previously owned watches, and the results were similar to those above. For comparison, my Lange Up/Down 234.032 (I've had it since new - bought in 2020, in mid-2021 it was under warranty to adjust the precision of the movement), on the L.051.2 movement with manual winding and a 72-hour power reserve, worn alternately, when placed on its side with the lace up at night, it accelerated a total of +0.1s over the 4 weeks studied! I love how watches maintain the precision declared by the manufacturer.
Old 20 April 2024, 08:23 PM   #2
chris242
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 116610lv
Quote:
Originally Posted by mario1971 View Post
Detailed considerations continued. I recently measured the precision of my watches' movements using the WatchCheck app. The results are as follows. Pepsi 126710BLRO (the watch is a little over two years old - I've had it since new) with a 3285 movement and a declared power reserve of 70 hours. Worn alternately with the second watch (one day each), and put aside at night with the glass upside down, within 3 weeks it recorded a deviation of -2s, which gave an average of -0.1s/day. This work loses a few tenths of a second during the day and makes it up at night while lying in a box. The second one - Hulk 116610LV (watch from 2019, bought by me as new and unused exactly a year ago), on the 3135 movement with a declared power reserve of 48 hours. Worn alternately with the second watch (one day each), and left vertically (12 o'clock up) at night. During the two measurement weeks, it achieved a total of +0.4s, which gave an average daily deviation of zero. I must say here that all my 31xx watches accelerated a lot during the day, and when properly set at 12 o'clock upwards, they eliminated the acceleration achieved during the day overnight. The third watch in line is the Daytona Panda 116500LN (a watch from May last year, new to me), with a 4130 movement and a declared power reserve of 72 hours. Worn alternately with a second watch and placed on its side with the crown up at night, it accelerated by a total of 12 seconds over 7 weeks, which gave an average of +0.5 seconds/day. I had already carried out similar tests on these and previously owned watches, and the results were similar to those above. For comparison, my Lange Up/Down 234.032 (I've had it since new - bought in 2020, in mid-2021 it was under warranty to adjust the precision of the movement), on the L.051.2 movement with manual winding and a 72-hour power reserve, worn alternately, when placed on its side with the lace up at night, it accelerated a total of +0.1s over the 4 weeks studied! I love how watches maintain the precision declared by the manufacturer.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
chris242 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 09:03 PM   #3
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Nice trio Mario, and great to hear they’re running well
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 09:16 PM   #4
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Nice watches Mario speaking for myself although wearing Rolex watches for over 50 years, must admit never been anal about checking any of my watches to the exact second.Thank god my life was never ran to the exact second,and in all those years never been late for any appointments or missed any form of transport because my watch was not running to the exact second.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 09:16 PM   #5
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
Sea land air, enjoy. The Daytona is fast or others slow.

Never argue with a fool, as eventually it will be difficult to tell the difference.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 09:45 PM   #6
Tim Plains
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Paragraphs are a good thing.
Tim Plains is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 10:03 PM   #7
travisb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Yes..
Great trio!
travisb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 10:03 PM   #8
Rolex1982
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Meteorite
Great collection, enjoy them in good health!
Rolex1982 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 10:35 PM   #9
1William

Watch: Rolex/Others
Great data and a very cool collection. Thanks for sharing.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 10:51 PM   #10
Actor07

Watch: Rolex 126519
Excellent triumvirate (sea, air, and land). Aspirational. I'm looking to get my sea and air components.
Actor07 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 April 2024, 11:41 PM   #11
mario1971
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS
Quote:
Originally Posted by Tim Plains View Post
Paragraphs are a good thing.
I was writing from my phone, not from my computer.