The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 March 2021, 01:29 PM   #31
RyanJ
"TRF" Member

25k... That's like sales tax on a Richard Mille...
RyanJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 01:30 PM   #32
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by THC View Post
Agree, 25k is so 2019
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 01:36 PM   #33
SlideRacker
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN Black
Everyone who went grey 2 years ago told their AD to !v*^ @!! are sitting pretty right now.
SlideRacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 01:40 PM   #34
DESH
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the numbers..
Quote:
Originally Posted by Me4u2night View Post
Nice pair! Which do you find you wear more often, the black or white dial? Which do you find more versatile?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I enjoy both of them equally! However I do wear my black 116500LN more often.
Old 28 March 2021, 01:49 PM   #35
Ed99
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
I love the white Daytona but not for $35k lol. I much rather get an all yellow gold sub instead.
Ed99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 01:51 PM   #36
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
I know this is not what the OP is really referring to, and I don’t want to hijack this thread, but I find it irritating the attitude some people exclaim on this site about purchasers paying over MSRP for a piece they want. Let’s leave flipping, buying for investment etc. completely out of this, but frankly, if someone wants a particular piece and is willing to pay whatever they do to obtain it, more power to them. “I’ll never pay more then MSRP... anyone that pays that much over MSRP is stupid... blah blah blah..” If you are adamant about never paying more then MSRP for a watch, and will not buy that watch until you are able to purchase it for MSRP, good for you! I wish you the best of luck in finding it quickly. If you desire a Daytona (or just about any SS Sport model) and are willing to pay 25K, 30K or 100K then good for you! Go ahead and buy it. Who is anyone to question how much you spend for a fine timepiece you desire. Heck, most people find it ludicrous I spent $10,000 for any watch when I bought my sub. If someone else was not as fortunate as I to find it at MSRP, desires the piece and spends 13, 14, 15 25K for it, then that is their choice and congratulations! I just find these “Holier then thou” posts about never paying more.... quite pompus. If that is your choice, more power to you. If others choose to pay higher to obtain a fine timepiece they truly desire, that does not make them any less intelligent, less passionate, or less of a WIS then you are.

OK, that’s it; mini-rant over. Please continue and accept my apologies OP for going off track.
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 01:54 PM   #37
TheVTCGuy
Banned

Watch: 126619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by Ed99 View Post
I love the white Daytona but not for $35k lol. I much rather get an all yellow gold sub instead.
Ed, it was just timing my post came in right after yours, my rant was not directed at your words
TheVTCGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 01:55 PM   #38
richydave99
Banned

There are lots of members like myself who would jump on one with $20k tag easily.
richydave99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 01:56 PM   #39
Thebuzz
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
Got mine at MSRP and keeping it!

This.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Thebuzz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 01:59 PM   #40
samuel019
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Me go broke!!!!
Quote:
Originally Posted by TheVTCGuy View Post
I know this is not what the OP is really referring to, and I don’t want to hijack this thread, but I find it irritating the attitude some people exclaim on this site about purchasers paying over MSRP for a piece they want. Let’s leave flipping, buying for investment etc. completely out of this, but frankly, if someone wants a particular piece and is willing to pay whatever they do to obtain it, more power to them. “I’ll never pay more then MSRP... anyone that pays that much over MSRP is stupid... blah blah blah..” If you are adamant about never paying more then MSRP for a watch, and will not buy that watch until you are able to purchase it for MSRP, good for you! I wish you the best of luck in finding it quickly. If you desire a Daytona (or just about any SS Sport model) and are willing to pay 25K, 30K or 100K then good for you! Go ahead and buy it. Who is anyone to question how much you spend for a fine timepiece you desire. Heck, most people find it ludicrous I spent $10,000 for any watch when I bought my sub. If someone else was not as fortunate as I to find it at MSRP, desires the piece and spends 13, 14, 15 25K for it, then that is their choice and congratulations! I just find these “Holier then thou” posts about never paying more.... quite pompus. If that is your choice, more power to you. If others choose to pay higher to obtain a fine timepiece they truly desire, that does not make them any less intelligent, less passionate, or less of a WIS then you are.

OK, that’s it; mini-rant over. Please continue and accept my apologies OP for going off track.

THANK YOU!!! Mic drop!

My thoughts exactly. What I do with MY money is my business. Have I purchased my entire sig line from an AD? Nope. Do I lose sleep over it? Nope.

But what I can do is make a profit off of every single one of them if I wanted. Figure I’d add that to my reply since all we seem to find on TRF is posts about money like Padi says
Old 28 March 2021, 02:26 PM   #41
sgwatchguy
"TRF" Member

Watch: R/AP/FPJ/Hermès/et
Quote:

Old 28 March 2021, 02:30 PM   #42
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

i agree, i guess it's more fun to complain about not being able to get a rolex instead of just paying a premium to enjoy something you've wanted everyday
huncho is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 02:33 PM   #43
SlideRacker
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN Black
Quote:
I just find these “Holier then thou” posts about never paying more.... quite pompus.
They can be Holier. I'll be richer.
SlideRacker is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 02:36 PM   #44
xjeeunitx
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Exactly. Some folks just hate cuz it's part of their blood. It makes some feel better at night knowing they can't get what they want. I am just keeping it real. Don't hate the playa, hate the game!
Old 28 March 2021, 02:50 PM   #45
JayWins89
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Submariner
I’m not a fan of the Daytona, so no for me. The only Rolex I’m considering buying over MSRP is the hulk, since I can’t get it at my AD anymore.
JayWins89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 02:52 PM   #46
Ed99
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
Quote:
Ed, it was just timing my post came in right after yours, my rant was not directed at your words
All good brotha
Ed99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 03:18 PM   #47
Pw92676
"TRF" Member

Who gives a f.

If you are boss enough to have clout with ad to get at msrp, good for you.
If you are boss enough to pay secondary, good for you

At end of the day it doesn’t matter.
Pw92676 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 03:45 PM   #48
Danny83

Watch: Yellow Gold
My buddy bought one last month for 32k. The max I would pay over msrp is 10k LOL so im out I guess.
Danny83 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 04:05 PM   #49
jtorrebl

Watch: what’s next.
Got mine grey for $26k in august 2020. Keeping it. I really wanted the piece and knew if I waited it would just go up in price.
jtorrebl is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 06:07 PM   #50
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by BNA/LION View Post
Got mine at MSRP and keeping it!
Its a pity there were not more like yourself today, but to many now which is quite sad, Rolex are no longer watches bought to wear and be enjoyed, they are now nothing more than ££££££££$$$$$$$££££££$$$$$ to many.

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 06:22 PM   #51
asisrich
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona C Panda
Quote:

Well said!

@ OP, I was fortunate to get both mine at an AD and I'm not flipping.

Sent from my SM-N9860 using Tapatalk
asisrich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 06:27 PM   #52
johnnycakes
"TRF" Member

The greys must be moving these Daytonas. I have been offered 29k from a very reputable grey for white dial 116500 with box and papers. They wouldn’t be paying that number to take it off my hands if there wasn’t profit around the corner.
johnnycakes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 06:37 PM   #53
colin46
"TRF" Member

Wouldn’t pay over retail for any watch, it’s only a watch.

I have bought many sports models at retail and flipped them for big profits. if people are willing to pay these stupid sums then I will continue to flip the sports models.

Don’t like the Daytona at all so all the ones I’ve bought were to sell which has netted me a brand new current model rose gold daydate for zero money.
colin46 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 07:40 PM   #54
ratty
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytonas and Subs
I suppose I’m lucky in that I don’t like any of the current range enough to want to buy them.

I asked my AD for a black dial SS Daytona at 10am on the day they were announced and was told I was second on the list then. I’m still waiting 5 or is it 6 years later!

I paid over MRRP twice for watches. First time was for an as new, stickers etc, white SS Daytona in 2009. I think it was about £1000 over MRRP at the time. I still have it now and have never regretted buying the watch. The second was when my wife saw a Silver Snoopy Speedmaster and wanted one. Again we had to pay about 50% over MRRP to get an as new watch. She has worn it as her daily wearer for most of the last 5 or 6 years and would never sell it. The enjoyment we have both had wearing these watches is far more important and valuable to us than the prices we had to pay to get them.

I would say that it helps that if we did want to sell them, we could probably easily get our money back on both, but the enjoyment of wearing them has been well worth the extra money we paid to do so.
ratty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 08:11 PM   #55
Jake Collins
"TRF" Member

Most who buy them don't probably like them anyhow. Just know they are a safe investment..:)
Jake Collins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 08:50 PM   #56
Saintos
"TRF" Member

I’m thankful that we all are different. My brother bought from grey market a white one with sticker before New Year’s Eve for 30k. Some of us cannot buy from the AD

Skickat från min iPhone med Tapatalk
Saintos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 09:34 PM   #57
greeneyedguy
Banned

As an owner of a 116500LN at retail I am glad people with excess cash are pumping the price up. There are so many new millionaires out there that want these watches It's only a matter of time before they start flirting with vintage prices. There are already some on Chrono 24 for 40k plus. While I'm not ever selling mine, it feels awesome to have saved and waited and waited a little more, and then been rewarded with the hottest watch on the planet for a fair price.
greeneyedguy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 09:49 PM   #58
Halifax Daytona UK
"TRF" Member

Paid £7700 for my 2012 Daytona with APH dial in 2017 from the local grey dealer , went in pre xmas to purchase a diamond ring for my wife and he offered me £15k for the watch , cash in my account in 20 mins. I turned him down and only last week he offered me £17k as a take or leave it deal, I left it !!! He will be back
Halifax Daytona UK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 10:04 PM   #59
nachopc
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex Only
I paid my 116500 at retail but my 116520 at 20k from 2015.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
nachopc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2021, 10:17 PM   #60
Goin2drt
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by colin46 View Post
Wouldn’t pay over retail for any watch, it’s only a watch.

I have bought many sports models at retail and flipped them for big profits. if people are willing to pay these stupid sums then I will continue to flip the sports models.

Don’t like the Daytona at all so all the ones I’ve bought were to sell which has netted me a brand new current model rose gold daydate for zero money.
Amen and good for you. At $35K when/if I get the call I won't even be putting it on my wrist. I don't like any watch that much to not flip her for a cool profit and fund something else. All the hate from the people calling people haters is hilarious and hypocritical but I guess being a hypocrite is the new norm today.
Goin2drt is offline   Reply With Quote