The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 19 July 2021, 06:59 AM   #1
JoJo78
"TRF" Member

A $2 Tudor (trash or treasure?)

Hi everyone,

As some of you may know from my post (or lack thereof), I'm quite the novice and a non-collector of Rolex and the like. I'm a "picker" who occasionally in my travels of numerous yard sales, estate sales, storage locker auctions, etc. have come across and obtained a handful of authentic vintage Rolex watches over the years. That handful, most were ID'ed here on this forum by you all kind folks.

Today, I need help with another piece just purchased yesterday at an estate sale here in Jersey. I found it and a few other vintage watches in the $2 bin and was hoping for a little help in ID'ing.

From research, it appears to be a Tudor Rolex 7016/0(?) ref with a serial number starting with 624 and something inscribed just above that has worn away. Most of the info between the lugs is quite worn and hard to take a good image and/or read exactly what they say.

My question(s): any thoughts on the possibly era this piece was made in? The dial script appears to be quite different from others I found on the net, why is that? Last....... I don't have tools to open the caseback, but from what you all can see, does it appear to be authentic? If not, not a big deal, as stated, I don't have much into it.

Thank you all in advance for your time and thoughts!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0805-001.jpg (72.2 KB, 1992 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0799-001.jpg (75.4 KB, 2011 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0801-001.jpg (115.3 KB, 2016 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0802-001.jpg (62.5 KB, 2003 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0803-001.jpg (63.9 KB, 1996 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0804-001.jpg (118.6 KB, 2009 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0806-001.jpg (72.1 KB, 1980 views)
JoJo78 is offline   Reply With Quote