The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29 April 2024, 12:54 PM   #1
OmePanRol
"TRF" Member

Father Gifted Datejust

As my father paid a visit from Europe, he brought with him a treasure trove of family heirlooms, offering them to me with a nostalgic gleam in his eye. From the depths of his bag emerged relics of our past: my mother's elegant 1980s burgundy Dunhill lighter, and then, with a flourish, his own cherished gold Parker fountain pen.

Yet, it was the third item that stirred the deepest emotions within me. With a gentle tug, he revealed a small green pouch, from which emerged a gleaming 36mm silver dial 16030 Datejust, a timepiece from 1987 that bore the weight of years and memories. Overwhelmed, I protested, insisting that such a precious gift could not be accepted, but my father, with unwavering determination, assured me it belonged in my care. Resigned, yet deeply moved, I acquiesced, feeling the weight of history settle onto my wrist as I had the bracelet adjusted to fit.

Despite my preference for larger timepieces (41-44mm), the 36mm watch found its place effortlessly, a testament to its timeless elegance. Though it bore the marks of its journey through time, with scratches on its Plexiglass and weathered bezel, its significance far outweighed any imperfections. It now graces my wrist daily, a tangible link to the past and a symbol of enduring love and connection.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20240428_180729.jpg (202.4 KB, 610 views)
File Type: jpg 20240428_180733.jpg (194.3 KB, 614 views)
File Type: jpg 20240428_180803.jpg (183.2 KB, 613 views)
OmePanRol is offline   Reply With Quote