The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watch Gallery (Non-Rolex)

Old 21 June 2011, 11:50 AM   #1
funkymonkcp
"TRF" Member

After years of waiting, I have my Bremont ALT1-C

My new Bremont ALT1-C/BK. I've dreamt about this watch since I first saw it in London back in 2007. Bear Grylls made me aware of the watch though. Gotta love marketing.

I totally should not have purchased this (I'm 26) but I had to have it. Such a beautiful watch. I had to buy from Tourneau. They were VERY nice people. I know there are horror stories but I didn't see any of that at the Pentagon City store. However, the watch they sold me had defects. I didn't notice them till I left the store and went into the sunlight. Couple dents in the case and scratching on the buttons. Almost seemed like it was a display model. I went back an explained the problem and he said he will order two more from another store to make sure it is in mint condition. Ideally, it would be a back room watch that nobody has touched. We shall see on Wednesday. He says it is almost impossible to get a brand new watch that has not been taken out of the box. I find that hard to believe though.

I love this watch so much but I have a stabbing feeling in my brain for spending $5400 on a watch. Guess it takes time to get over.

Now for the pics, try and identify the one with the dents.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2686.JPG (146.4 KB, 399 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2687.JPG (170.0 KB, 394 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2688.JPG (170.7 KB, 396 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2690.JPG (139.2 KB, 394 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2692.JPG (152.8 KB, 393 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2694.JPG (192.3 KB, 392 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0042.jpg (207.8 KB, 390 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0054.jpg (174.8 KB, 389 views)

Last edited by funkymonkcp; 21 June 2011 at 11:56 AM.. Reason: Added more pics
funkymonkcp is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2011, 01:19 PM   #2
salem65
"TRF" Member

Watch: JS Watch co. 101
Congrats. I love the profile of it
Old 21 June 2011, 01:51 PM   #3
Jim232118
"TRF" Member

Watch: Yachtmaster II YG
Congrats, great watch! Very classic style.
Jim232118 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2011, 09:01 PM   #4
witch watch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss GV
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jim232118 View Post
Very classic style.
Yep i don't think your ever going to tire of looking at it. Congrats and wear in good health
witch watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 June 2011, 09:26 PM   #5
spuds
"TRF" Member

Watch: West Ham! COYI!!
Good on you mate.....

Life is not about how fast you can run or how high you can climb...........
It's about how well you can bounce!!

TRF HALL OF FAME JANUARY 2010
spuds is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2011, 06:02 AM   #6
ducatidoc
"TRF" Member

Watch: zenith
Love the look of the piece, straightforward design and elegance combined. I agree those flaws are unacceptable for a new watch at a new watch price. If they don't replace it with one that you find acceptable, get a refund and order the piece from an online Bremont dealer. Chances are they will give you a better price, no sales tax, and the watch will be in original packaging. While I believe in supporting the brick and mortars wherever possible, Tourneau would not be anywhere near the top of my charity list.

Very beautiful watch.

# 26371
NAWCC Member
ducatidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 June 2011, 06:40 AM   #7
funkymonkcp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ducatidoc View Post
Love the look of the piece, straightforward design and elegance combined. I agree those flaws are unacceptable for a new watch at a new watch price. If they don't replace it with one that you find acceptable, get a refund and order the piece from an online Bremont dealer. Chances are they will give you a better price, no sales tax, and the watch will be in original packaging. While I believe in supporting the brick and mortars wherever possible, Tourneau would not be anywhere near the top of my charity list.

Very beautiful watch.
This is the first watch I have ever purchased so I am still trying to learn all the ins and outs of watch buying. My co-worker is an experienced high end watch buyer and he offered to go with me to the store when they inform me they have a replacement in. He knows what to say and how forceful to be. I am far too nice, especially when the sales person is nice to me.

They let me hold onto the watch but I was told by my co-worker it's best to let them hold onto it so they can't claim I wore it and damaged it. So I gave it back to them today to hold onto until they get a replacement.

I had a chance to look at all of their Bremonts in stock and they all had blemishes of some sort. I don't get why they all have blemishes. At Tourneau, all their sales are final and cannot be returned, I doubt they would give me my money back.
Old 23 June 2011, 12:18 AM   #8
ducatidoc
"TRF" Member

Watch: zenith
If you put it on a credit card, they will refund, regardless of their policy, because they know you can lodge a complaint and they will be forced into it.

# 26371
NAWCC Member
ducatidoc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2011, 05:39 AM   #9
beowulf566
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rlx,Omga,CyS,brtln
Love it! I really like the classic and classy looks of a lot of the Bremont watches
Old 23 June 2011, 06:00 AM   #10
funkymonkcp
"TRF" Member

There is something about the Bremonts. I can't put my finger on it exactly but something about them draws me in. I like the professional utilitarian look to these. I've been reading about Bremonts on these forums and others and they seem to be a polarizing brand. I'm surprised.

I pretty bummed I don't have it in my possession at the moment. I hope they get a replacement in soon. They were supposed to call me today. Either the replacement they got in today was damaged too or they just didn't get it in. Man, I want my watch! :p
Old 23 June 2011, 06:05 AM   #11
Dan Pierce
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex-1 Tudor-3
Very nice looking chrono, congrats!
dP
The Crown & Shield Club
Honorary Member of P-Club
Dan Pierce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 June 2011, 06:33 AM   #12
psv
"TRF" Member

I really like what Bremont is doing, no-nonsense tool watch design in the 21st century, there is something to be said for that.

Torneau, on the other hand... I've visited the Pentagon City store plenty of times, while the sales people there are nice and generous with their time, their prices are way too close to MSRP and their used prices are just way off.

Anyhow, the ALT1-C you chose is just stunning, it looks great on you so wear it in good health once you receive a new copy.

Cheers!
psv is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 June 2011, 07:31 AM   #13
funkymonkcp
"TRF" Member

Finally I get a pristine watch, closely looked at it and verified there are zero dents, dings or scratches. Loving this watch.

Too bad there was another hiccup but not too big of a deal. The replacement was sent from their other store in the wrong box. They put it in a Martin Baker box and all the wrong warranty cards were inside. So, he has to send back that box and get the proper one that goes with this watch. I really liked the smell of that leather!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2704.jpg (90.0 KB, 323 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_2709.jpg (117.0 KB, 322 views)
Old 28 June 2011, 12:00 PM   #14
Akai08
Banned

Watch: Bremont P-51
Congrats on your Bremont. I too purchased one from Torneau here in San Diego. What bothered me about Torneau is the leather band on my watch that holds the deployment clasp where the two ends meet fell apart. I only had my Bremont for seven months. I wear it almost everyday (ALT1Z). I went back to Torneau and they refused to do anything for me. This is the third watch I purchased from them. They did offer to sell me a new leather band for just under $400. Awesome! I wish you the best with your Bremont.
Akai08 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 June 2011, 12:04 PM   #15
toph
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, Brellum,
very nice, i have held a few bremonts in hand and they are beautifully designed and also try to stay true to history aswell.
Enjoy

"Where no counsel is the people fall, but in the multitude of counselors there is safety."

Member No.# 11795
toph is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 June 2011, 10:24 AM   #16
funkymonkcp
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akai08 View Post
Congrats on your Bremont. I too purchased one from Torneau here in San Diego. What bothered me about Torneau is the leather band on my watch that holds the deployment clasp where the two ends meet fell apart. I only had my Bremont for seven months. I wear it almost everyday (ALT1Z). I went back to Torneau and they refused to do anything for me. This is the third watch I purchased from them. They did offer to sell me a new leather band for just under $400. Awesome! I wish you the best with your Bremont.
I certainly hope the strap on my Bremont doesn't break. I have a fear of the strap on a watch failing. The Bremont watch strap seems very sturdy. One thing that is irritating is that the strap is either too tight or too lose for my wrist. The damaged watch I had in the first pictures had a perfect strap. It fit perfect. My guess is because it had been on display or worn for a while and stretched. I can only hope that the strap on this will stretch a little. All I need is a few millimeters.
Old 30 June 2011, 02:05 AM   #17
dddrees
"TRF" Member

Watch: This N That
Nice looking, Congrats.

Loyal Foot Soldier of The Nylon Nation.

Card Carrying Member of the Global Association of
Retro-Grouch-Curmudgeons
dddrees is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 June 2011, 11:27 PM   #18
cwwhk
"TRF" Member

Watch: Black Daytona
Very nice.
Old 2 July 2011, 07:14 AM   #19
Marc_Quadra
"TRF" Member

I m not a fan, but I have to say it looks quite good !
Marc_Quadra is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2011, 05:25 AM   #20
mannyv11
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD,Sub,GMT,Daytona
Great watch and great taste
mannyv11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 July 2011, 08:02 AM   #21
funkymonkcp
"TRF" Member

I'm loving the watch but the strap is killing me. It's shrinking my wrist. No, it doesn't cut off circulation but it is uncomfortably tight. If I compare my left wrist with my right wrist, my left wrist is thinner. Its not the fault of the watch, I just have an odd sized wrist.

Unfortunately, dealing with Tourneau has not been too pleasant. I still do not have my box and pouch. I decided to contact Bremont directly instead of dealing with Tourneau any further. I wrote a very long and sincere email and I got a quick response from somebody very high up at Bremont. I won't give specifics but I will say that they are taking care of the situation and have the best customer service I have ever encountered from any company, ever.
Old 21 May 2017, 12:15 PM   #22
sea-dweller
"TRF" Member

Very nice!
TRF Member #6699 (since September 2007)
sea-dweller is offline   Reply With Quote