The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 May 2024, 07:08 PM   #1
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexnabzy View Post
I hope at least it was the VIP bathroom
Our AD lets us use the facilities. It has a toilet seat (attached and correctly aligned) so it must be the VIP bathroom.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 06:07 PM   #2
Atmwireless
"TRF" Member

Pepsi with Rolex

Royal oak chrono with audemars piguet
Atmwireless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 08:58 AM   #3
Vanyo
"TRF" Member

I was offered this oyster flex Sky Dweller. Not my style at all )
Vanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 09:11 AM   #4
Carguy87
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Quote:
Originally Posted by Vanyo View Post

I was offered this oyster flex Sky Dweller. Not my style at all )
Wow I’ve never seen this; thanks for sharing! Dig the meteorite; don’t need the pave case lol
Tudor: Black Bay GMT Opaline
Carguy87 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 09:23 AM   #5
Vanyo
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy87 View Post
Wow I’ve never seen this; thanks for sharing! Dig the meteorite; don’t need the pave case lol
For me as well. The story behind. In the Netherlands, there is Masters Expo where luxury goods and luxury lifestyle items are exhibited. My local AD has a big stand there with a bunch of different watch and jewelry brands. Rolex is there. One day of the exhibition is a VIP day where AD proposes to its known clients virtually everything on the stands except, may be, a Platinum Daytona. This piece was offered to me.
Vanyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 09:31 AM   #6
Sublovin
"TRF" Member

Watch: Lots
If it isn’t MSRP or below, from an AD, then it really isn’t an “offer”. We could all say that any watch listed for sale on the internet is being “offered “
Old 5 May 2024, 02:01 PM   #7
Mick006
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sublovin View Post
If it isn’t MSRP or below, from an AD, then it really isn’t an “offer”. We could all say that any watch listed for sale on the internet is being “offered “
Yes, this is the issue with the OP.

I am currently being offered every watch on chrono24.
Old 5 May 2024, 11:53 AM   #8
Divingdeep87
"TRF" Member

Was offered this crazy piece when I picked up my steel daytona a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Divingdeep87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 01:31 PM   #9
Topspin14m
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Divingdeep87 View Post
Was offered this crazy piece when I picked up my steel daytona a couple of weeks ago.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Got offered that one too when I got my Daytona! But in white gold. A lot of bling!!
Topspin14m is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 02:09 PM   #10
ltmgeller
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex
I've never been offered, just requested.
Old 5 May 2024, 02:40 PM   #11
4reRlxGuy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 3970
In my 30 yrs of collecting this is the craziest piece I've been offered
4reRlxGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 02:41 PM   #12
4reRlxGuy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek 3970
Sorry
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20240504_213719_(900_x_900_pixel).jpg (192.6 KB, 148 views)
4reRlxGuy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 02:47 PM   #13
Tzachi
2024 Pledge Member

Rainbow in WG

When it wasn't so popular.
Tzachi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 05:26 PM   #14
Rolexnabzy
"TRF" Member

Some more clarity....

Really enjoying the thread, even those posts which might be deemed negative or green eyed....in the end I'm here to understand other views and maybe try to impart some of mine as well

So let's address the whole 'retail/msrp/offered,' confusion...

Let me first say I was taken aback by the amount of visceral reaction to my post as I just thought it would be nice to see some crazy one off type pieces people might have encountered on their journey's ....alas it was met with so much green eyed envy it became amusing to me especially as I have mentioned I'm not interested in the piece and really couldn't even justify the cost given finances...but anyways...

I understand the majority of people on this board come from countries that have stable economies, currencies, tax regulations, sales tax.....and possibly only encountered similar set countries on their travels...alas that's simply not the case everywhere...

My country of origin is Pakistan and this where I was offered this piece as well as another I will refer to later....the reason why I do not mention the name so openly is that it gets a pretty bad rap in most cases and one quick google search will easily explain the general economic situation there....

So please understand the following....and see that retail, msrp, offered can be quite relative terms and not so black and white

1. The tax rate on imported goods is 25%....right there a number of people will say damn if I have to pay 25% on top that's hardly retail, especially compared to what I can purchase it for in my home country....and I could definitely see that side of the argument as many 'regular' obtainable watches cost more at retail here than in the gray market elsewhere....but that's his retail due to tax...

2. The currency is unstable and has devalued massively against the dollar over the past 5 years...and as many will appreciate companies have to hedge on pricing when currencies have the propensity to fluctuate, this can cause pricing to be unstable and fluctuate...also every 3 months I hear the world default, which I'm sure is not helpful either....

So given the above how do I price pieces from Pakistan and understand sor accept they are 'retail' ...I take my home base country where I have the best and easiest access to watches...Saudi Arabia..where tax is at 15% and simply add the 10% for his tax regulations then given all the points mentioned above accept a maximum 5% on top....yes I know it's crude but I think in the grand scheme of things 'fair'....

As an example...I purchased a 24 Pepsi from Pakistan....retail price in Saudi...13,150$...I paid about 12% more at $14,750....now he told me that was his retail....given the extra 10% for tax from my base country am I going to really argue over 2% given all the other factors and when the gray market is north of 20k....hell no

What I can say for certain is that it's fairly easy to understand the 'premium' over my base country on a sub 15k watch....but then try to apply that to a watch that costs hunderd of thousands...no way....Firstly I have no idea what 'retail' on such a one off type piece would be and I can hazard a guess many rolex afficionado on here would have similar problems...but if anyone can help that would be great....also what is the pricing policy from rolex on such a pieces, is there an actual msrp or do they tell dealers they can market adjust based on their market....I have no idea, again if someone can enlighten me that would be great....bottom line is this particular watch was not one I was interested in so I didn't do the research, in fact if I'm being brutally honest it looks like a child has thrown up skittles all over a Daytona...

So is paying 12 % more than my base country considered retail or not...is the currency issue a fair one to price at 3 or 4% ....like I said it's all relative....what I do know is that he has never gone above 13-14% for a 'regular' watch above my base country and for me that's retail and offered...but you can appreciare the difficulty in understanding what is actually retail as you might know it or understandit....if someone wants to do the legwork and get the msrp for the daytona I will be happy to see if it was really 'offered' or not....as for the other off catalog piece I mentioned I will do that in another post as this one has dragged...my apologies...I just hope this clarifies things
Rolexnabzy is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 11:22 PM   #15
codecow
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 5131R
My AD suggested that in the last decade he remembered delivering one rainbow. My guess was 3. That’s a rare piece.
codecow is offline   Reply With Quote