The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: NON-ROLEX watches

Old 26 April 2024, 06:14 AM   #1
NeoDough
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT2
Icon20 FS: Ressence Type 3 B rev 3.5 Mint Full Set

The best way to open a conversation about Ressence is: if you know, you know!

Summary
Very rare mint condition (recent NOS, purchased from AD this month) Ressence Type 3, 3B, revision 3.5 (with the quick-set date feature), purchase date 4/2024. Serial 1XX. Full set: Watch, inner presentation case, inner box, outer box, manuals, plastics, and warranty card. MSRP is $44,200.

Price
$38,500 OBRO

Details
The visual presentation of this watch is one of the most amazing and impressive mechanical design feats I've ever seen. I keep going back to it to gaze at it. I've simply never seen anything like it.

Rather than conventional hands, the Ressence uses rotating discs suspended in fluids for jaw-dropping legibility from every angle. At first glance you'd think it is an OLED screen - it really is that sharp!

Here is a deep-dive article Hodinkee wrote about the Type 3 when it was first introduced. For yet more detail, see the Ressence web site for the Type 3.

Grade 5 titanium case and titanium dial. 44m x 15mm. Ardillon buckle and leather strap.

Despite its mechanical wizardry - or, perhaps, because of it - this watch wears smaller and lighter than you would believe. At just ~82g with the strap, it's half the weight of my Tudor Chrono and 10g lighter than my Pelagos FXD!

The condition is mint. Everything about the watch - crystal, case, coating - is flawless. The lower part of the strap shows some light markings presumably from handling and try-ons and some light natural fade/patina. The punch holes show no stretch or wear so it clearly has had no wrist time. I put it on my wrist twice for less than five minutes and otherwise have only removed it from its box/plastics for photographing. It's as close to NIB as you're going to get without waiting for one from an AD.

Includes a proof of purchase card signed, stamped, and dated April 2024.

These are not easy watches to get, as Ressence only makes a handful of them each year.

The company has a reputation for absolutely stellar service - the CEO himself is known to respond quickly to emails, even if you just want to chit-chat about watches.

Shipping
Insured FedEx overnight, domestic US only. Must be shipped to a staffed FedEx center for your pickup with valid ID.

Payment
Fedwire only.

References
A few solid references here on TRF, for example:

NeoDough is excellent! Another perfect deal.

NeoDough is Top Notch!! Deal with full confidence.

I have additional references on other platforms available on request.

Glad to do Zoom, FaceTime, etc. Open to face-to-face in greater LA.

PM me here at TRF with any questions.

Pictures

NeoDough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 10:48 AM   #2
NeoDough
2024 Pledge Member

TRF friends: after starting this thread, I've had a couple of conversations with collectors and an AD, as well as found an additional comp. Based on all of that, I am dropping my asking price significantly to $32,500 OBRO.
Old 1 May 2024, 04:20 AM   #3
NeoDough
2024 Pledge Member

Bumpity bump bump.

Open to offers/trades.

Tags
ressence