The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > For Sale: ROLEX (brand) watches

Old 28 April 2008, 11:45 AM   #1
rolexmonger
Banned

Ca.1950 18k Pink Gold Rolex Perpetual Chronometer 9353

It is a ca.1950 perpetual with pink gold gase, pink gold matching Rolex buckle, typical A.296 bubbleback movement, marked 15375, and F64052. I simply cannot find another example like it anywhere. The closest one was an example that James Dowling had that was a 9394. The reference numbers simply disappear after 9343, 9350 and 9351, and don't reappear until 9401. This watch is a 9353, as seen on the back, has a beautiful plain silver-white dial with pink gold indicators and coronet logo. Provenance is France. It seems that the watch was cased in France under the strict rules of the gold embargo of the time. Movements only were allowed to be imported into the country, but all watches at the time had to be cased in France under strict government approval. There are two hallmarks inside the case, and an eagle's head beside the crown. The dial is signed both SWISS MADE below the 6, and Fab. Suisse above it. The watch keeps time, and all functions are fine, but I will personally take it in to my watchmaker for a complete overhaul, and for a new crystal, as the current one is both warped, partially melted, and too small, obscuring the outer perimiter of the dial. One like it was auctioned off by Christie's in New York in 1993. Auction estimate at that time was between $5,000.00 to $8,000.00 U.S.

Price: 12,500.00 U.S.

Photos available at oysterwatch@sympatico.ca

Bank to bank wire transfer only in Canadian funds. Mandatory FedEx Priority Shipping

Last edited by rolexmonger; 28 April 2008 at 11:47 AM.. Reason: lacks photo
rolexmonger is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2008, 11:47 AM   #2
rolexmonger
Banned

rolexmonger is offline   Reply With Quote