The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 18 July 2023, 06:10 AM   #151
superdog
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Omega
that is the beautiful part of so much variety out there. different folks for different strokes...or you know what I mean...

no right or wrong answer. similar to taste in watches.

even so, I cannot put my finger on it exactly, but it feels like an old joke. they just dont make em like they used to anymore type thing...

which is so very true. I was recently in a building in Salt Lake City. The architecture was so sick. The railing on the stairway was so incredible ornate and well done.

they just dont make em like that anymore. anyway. a fun discussion. still no desire for vintage. I want an air cooled 911, but only because I love all things 911.

IG: gsmotorclub
IG: thesawcollection

(Both mostly just car stuff)
superdog is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 23 July 2023, 01:26 AM   #152
Gary Busey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Tudor Black Bay

Why I went for an alfa QV. No one has it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Doxa Sub 200, SKX009
Aquastar Deepstar
Gary Busey is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2023, 12:39 AM   #153
Spartacus
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
I am a former BMW M guy and now a Porsche guy, have two and could not be happier.

While I do dream about owning a Ferrari or Lamborghini, I can not afford to drive them the way I drive my Porsches. Carefree and hard, my Turbo S for example seems to enjoy being pushed, the harder I push it the more it wants to go.

Anyway, as an enthusiasts I strongly recommend supporting Porsche as a brand. Porsche continues to offer manual cars, expand driver experiences and centers, build motorsports cars, not just daily drivers.
Spartacus is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2023, 03:43 AM   #154
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:
Originally Posted by Gary Busey View Post

Why I went for an alfa QV. No one has it.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Nice
I was looking at one myself for a while and was going to sell my Maserati to move into it but the Maserati is rather special with a fully customised interior right down to the stitching.
It does everything right for what we want it for even if it's just sitting in the garage to perv on and gently wipe the dust off.
Oh and my wife beat me around the head quite a lot for suggesting it, so it's staying in the stable.

To get back on topic, IMO the Porsches are pretty run of the mill now days as they're just another one like all the others out of Germany and like a lot of things in that realm, they're all good while they're in warranty.

What i can say is that at our age, we are moving in a very different direction, especially since we bought a top of the range Subaru Outback(non turbo) recently and both of us are gravitating toward it instinctively nearly every time.
It's a really nice ride and fine in traffic and on the highway.
We're racking up the ks on it fast and we have our eyes on its replacement for when it's comes up to the 4 year mark and the ks are getting up there with a bit of warranty left on it.
The replacement will be another one just like it, but in a different colour paint and interior as it ticks all the boxes with it being made in Japan and the dealer and service department are well cultivated by us now, with the service department only a 10 minute walk down the road and the dealer about 8 minutes drive away.
Oh, and the dogs like it a lot as well. Lol.
Anyway that's where we are puting our money as we get older as one must be able to enjoy it with good value for money in these challenging times
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2023, 05:02 AM   #155
Chewbacca
Banned

Watch: Kessel Run Chrono
Quote:
Originally Posted by Spartacus View Post
I am a former BMW M guy and now a Porsche guy, have two and could not be happier.

While I do dream about owning a Ferrari or Lamborghini, I can not afford to drive them the way I drive my Porsches. Carefree and hard, my Turbo S for example seems to enjoy being pushed, the harder I push it the more it wants to go.

Anyway, as an enthusiasts I strongly recommend supporting Porsche as a brand. Porsche continues to offer manual cars, expand driver experiences and centers, build motorsports cars, not just daily drivers.
What?

If you’re looking to support Porsche because you think they’re keeping manuals because they’re nice or true enthusiast cars you’re wrong. Risk of Losing business is why they’re doing it and giving market share to others to pounce or the classic restomods like Singer and upstarts was happening. And their driving days are for making money, keeping their clients alive with their products and to sell their next one. This is the same owners group that’s killing the manual VW Gti next year. Imagine a world without a manual GTI.

Instead, support local track days with manual econoboxes to cultivate future manual drivers and enthusiasts so when they get to that level they’ll demand it.

There’s no emotion or orthodoxy or being nice with Porsche. Just ask their 4cyl boxter and full EV Macan ‘plans’ which are now shelved. It’s money. It’s business.
Chewbacca is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 July 2023, 05:53 AM   #156
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by chewbacca View Post
imagine a world without a manual gti.
408c400833de0890ab96cccc1e03c916.jpeg
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 26 April 2024, 12:10 AM   #157
essabella129
"TRF" Member

sports cars starting with p

When it comes to sports cars starting with P, the Porsche lineup immediately comes to mind. With iconic models like the Porsche 911, Boxster, and Cayman, Porsche has established itself as a leader in the sports car world. Renowned for their performance, precision engineering, and timeless design, Porsche sports cars offer exhilarating driving experiences that enthusiasts crave. From the track to the streets, Porsche continues to set the standard for excellence in the automotive industry.
essabella129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 April 2024, 03:49 AM   #158
sambb
"TRF" Member

hsving owned many german marques and exotics, i will say that although there is fun in the twists or the track, i find it far better to drive with the top down at 35-45 mph on a nice sunny day with a loved one
sambb is offline   Reply With Quote