The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 20 December 2023, 03:19 AM   #1
Harry-57
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nads786 View Post
he mentioned that the bezel is no longer all red and then dyed blue they changed that process for the mk3.
That's interesting. A UV light test would, err, shed some light on that.
Harry-57 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2023, 03:43 AM   #2
jfmiii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750/16800/126710
Quote:
Originally Posted by Harry-57 View Post
That's interesting. A UV light test would, err, shed some light on that.
Yes a UV light will tell you if it is an all red bezel. I’m guessing it will light up red and the story you were told is total bs. But would love some pics to be proven wrong!
jfmiii is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2023, 03:45 AM   #3
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
It's funny you guys mention the UV light test, that's exactly what he mentioned on the previous bezel and this one when you run a UV light test doesn't show the red underneath.

But he also said I would have a Sub Date by December, so not sure how honest is he.
Nads786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2023, 03:55 AM   #4
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
My Sept 22 BLRO bezel lights up red under UV as well. I believe they all do that.
Old 20 December 2023, 09:41 AM   #5
rolesor2022
"TRF" Member

awesome!
rolesor2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 December 2023, 02:31 PM   #6
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Yes, that bezel(at least in your picture)looks exactly like mine from December 2018 which most people would call a MK2.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2024, 02:52 PM   #7
MeanPharmD
"TRF" Member

I was also told by my AD that he rarely saw any BLRO coming in last year. Does anyone know if it's still the case? Not sure if the bezel production/color issue is getting better or not...
MeanPharmD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2024, 09:57 PM   #8
1NTRANSIT
"TRF" Member

The “we haven’t seen X model in many months” line is common for a WIDE variety of references depending on what I’ve asked for on that particular visit. Its the go-to line for the ADs in my area. Basically a round-about way of telling you its not happening.
1NTRANSIT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 May 2024, 10:51 PM   #9
fly4food84
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500LN
My 2024 is the same. It’s a 2024 but it’s been in the safe for a while. They said they’ve seen no new ones come in many months and when they do it’s about 2 per year.
fly4food84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2024, 01:23 AM   #10
BigPapiDoesItAgain
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Too Many
My AD has one out as an exhibition piece currently - I put it on my wrist last week. I'm not on that list - have specifically asked for a Daytona, but not a BLRO. I have BLNR Jubilee and CHNR and an a 16710 currently configured as a "coke" on a Jubilee.

Maybe I should have asked for it, but I figure keep it to what I'm really wanting and maybe that will help me with them.

BigPapiDoesItAgain is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2024, 08:59 AM   #11
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

If all AD’s told the same story, then I guess it would be true, but we get stories that are all over the map.
If you spend a lot of coin at and AD and you are a VIP to them, you get one.
If you have little to no spend history at an AD, you get a picture in a book

Edit: Before Watches and Wonders AD’s were saying the Pepsi would be discontinued, or limited production because of trouble making the bezel. Well 1 for the grey dealers who started this BS, 0 for enthusiasts who believed them.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2024, 09:25 AM   #12
golfer_john
"TRF" Member

Picked up this yesterday from my local AD. My SA said it’s the only BLRO they’re getting this year. They typically get 4 per year. So there are watches shipping, just not many. Keep the faith all!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
golfer_john is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2024, 09:46 AM   #13
WesMantooth
2024 Pledge Member

Beautiful!
WesMantooth is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2024, 11:11 AM   #14
thatswhatshesaid
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfer_john View Post

Picked up this yesterday from my local AD. My SA said it’s the only BLRO they’re getting this year. They typically get 4 per year. So there are watches shipping, just not many. Keep the faith all!

Nice, but lets add one more link:)
thatswhatshesaid is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2024, 12:08 PM   #15
golfer_john
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thatswhatshesaid View Post
Nice, but lets add one more link:)
Ha! Pic does make it look a lot tighter than it is. But I am kinda in between. Felt tad too loose with one more link. It’s perfect as is with easy link extended now but that’s not ideal either as I’ll want that option on hot day. I’ll likely add back one more link like you suggest!
Old 9 May 2024, 12:08 PM   #16
Duke10
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Sub Date
Quote:

Let’s go! Congrats John

Duke10 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2024, 01:06 PM   #17
luk4s83
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Congratulations, beautiful watch!
Did you by any chance ask your AD (the one "who is getting only one GMT Pepsi this year") how is is possible that as of today, May 8th 2024 there is 76 brand new 2024 Pepsi GMT Masters listed by scalper dealers at Chrono24 in the US? From what I found there are 279 authorized Rolex dealers in the country. That means almost one third of "one year supply" is currently available for purchase from scalpers. And that's only Chrono24. I call it BS.
luk4s83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2024, 01:21 PM   #18
golfer_john
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by luk4s83 View Post
Congratulations, beautiful watch!
Did you by any chance ask your AD (the one "who is getting only one GMT Pepsi this year") how is is possible that as of today, May 8th 2024 there is 76 brand new 2024 Pepsi GMT Masters listed by scalper dealers at Chrono24 in the US? From what I found there are 279 authorized Rolex dealers in the country. That means almost one third of "one year supply" is currently available for purchase from scalpers. And that's only Chrono24. I call it BS.
Thanks. Regarding the math, I’m in a medium sized market. I’m sure their annual allocation pales in comparison to larger markets. I’ve got a long standing relationship with the AD. I’d wager a lot they are shooting straight.

Also, I’m not seeing 76 of them on Chrono24. I get 21 when I add “in stock” filter. I’ve found lots of listings there in general are guys who don’t have the watch but plan to try and source if they get a bite.
Old 9 May 2024, 01:32 PM   #19
luk4s83
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks. Regarding the math, I’m in a medium sized market. I’m sure their annual allocation pales in comparison to larger markets. I’ve got a long standing relationship with the AD. I’d wager a lot they are shooting straight.

Also, I’m not seeing 76 of them on Chrono24. I get 21 when I add “in stock” filter. I’ve found lots of listings there in general are guys who don’t have the watch but plan to try and source if they get a bite.
21 is still quite a bit assuming only total 300 allocated for a year. Assuming each AD only gets one ofc. Unfortunately, afaik it's not possible to list sold items at Chrono, that number would be interesting to know. Anyways, I hope SA only said that to make your watch more special, which is cool. I hope they are getting more and not sending them straight to grey...
luk4s83 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2024, 04:57 PM   #20
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by luk4s83 View Post
21 is still quite a bit assuming only total 300 allocated for a year. Assuming each AD only gets one ofc. Unfortunately, afaik it's not possible to list sold items at Chrono, that number would be interesting to know. Anyways, I hope SA only said that to make your watch more special, which is cool. I hope they are getting more and not sending them straight to grey...
There are 189 in stock 126500 Daytona on Chrono24 too.. supposedly harder to get.. means what?
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 May 2024, 01:18 PM   #21
MRBolton
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing my wrist
My local AD said they were getting a normal amount of Pepsis last year.
Another small family-owned AD I talked to today I asked how many they got last year. They wouldn't give an exact number. I asked if it was something super low, like 3. He said he didn't know the exact numbers and wouldn't share it if he did, but he said it was more than that with a bit of chuckle. I told him how some ADs I've read about on here claim that, and he said I believe that they're being dishonest.
MRBolton is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2024, 09:15 AM   #22
WS9D
"TRF" Member

Watch: es..More Watches!
I dont think rolex is pumping out a lot of these things. I was waiting for "the call" for 6 years but finally went to a trusted seller. I dont think the call was ever going to come even tho I had a decent purchase history with my AD.

Also, until last year, I lived in the SF Bay Area. I never saw a 126710BLRO in the wild, not once, and there are a ton of Rolex owners in that overpopulated piece of the world. I saw a lot of 5 digit blro's, countless subs, blnrs, etc, but never a 6 digit. The only 6 digit Pepsi I've seen in the wild is the one on my wrist I got from a TS.

I am curious how many trf members have seen one in the wild and what geo location.
WS9D is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2024, 10:34 AM   #23
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS9D View Post
I dont think rolex is pumping out a lot of these things. I was waiting for "the call" for 6 years but finally went to a trusted seller. I dont think the call was ever going to come even tho I had a decent purchase history with my AD.

Also, until last year, I lived in the SF Bay Area. I never saw a 126710BLRO in the wild, not once, and there are a ton of Rolex owners in that overpopulated piece of the world. I saw a lot of 5 digit blro's, countless subs, blnrs, etc, but never a 6 digit. The only 6 digit Pepsi I've seen in the wild is the one on my wrist I got from a TS.

I am curious how many trf members have seen one in the wild and what geo location.
- Nottingham London
- San Antonio airport.
Nads786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2024, 10:14 PM   #24
sond86
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex
Quote:
Originally Posted by WS9D View Post

Come to think of it i haven’t seen one out in the wild as well
I’ve seen a couple platonas maybe a couple steel Daytonas and then the rest of stuff
sond86 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2024, 11:44 AM   #25
hartsy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer 1 224270
My AD recently mentioned they are seeing an uptick of these watches. Was also surprised to find out how many BLNRs they got - 15!!
hartsy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 03:42 AM   #26
Coolsal1125
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by hartsy View Post
My AD recently mentioned they are seeing an uptick of these watches. Was also surprised to find out how many BLNRs they got - 15!!
15 BLNR over the course of how long?
Coolsal1125 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 May 2024, 01:01 PM   #27
Radbloke
"TRF" Member

I suspect there's been a few more than usual released into the wild this year as there's a bunch of fresh 2024 models going up for sale on moda.
Radbloke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2024, 10:10 PM   #28
Watchesnguitars
"TRF" Member

Per my AD said they've seen lots of meteorites but no SS Pepsi's this whole year, and I already have one in my collection so not much reason for him to lie about it...
Watchesnguitars is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 05:00 AM   #29
Davidt
"TRF" Member

I’m sure the people calling BS will still call BS, but my AD has also told me they see very few BLRO’s much, much fewer than the BLNR.
They didn’t speculate on why, or theorise it was getting discontinued at WW24, they just said they’ve been been very few recently.

A watchmaker I know who carries out lots of work for resellers also told me that people are very reluctant to remove the BLRO bezels as the failure rate on removal is so high. Not an issue with the blue/black.

Complete speculation but perhaps the low proportion of new BLRO bezels meeting QC standards combined with an increased demand from service centres for replacement bezels for watches in for service is restricting new supply.
Davidt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 May 2024, 08:26 AM   #30
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Quote:
Originally Posted by Davidt View Post

Complete speculation but perhaps the low proportion of new BLRO bezels meeting QC standards combined with an increased demand from service centres for replacement bezels for watches in for service is restricting new supply.
There is definitely something about the BLRO bezel; has anyone else noticed the BLNR, VTNR, the new GRNR and the old (116710) LN all share the same machined bezel but the BLRO has its own specific bezel with a thicker rim.. perhaps to protect it more because it’s fragile.
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote