The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29 November 2021, 03:09 AM   #6
HiBoost
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by George58 View Post
iI never wind my autos going on 10 years of owning rolex an patek I simply gently rotate in a circle to get them started less wear on the gears but mostly on the crown gaskets

my pp manual states only wind 10 times to start the watch that tells me winding is not good for the movement now flame away on put on my old retired fire gear for it
I don't think a person needs to wind an automatic (which gets worn) on a daily basis, but I feel like you are jumping to conclusions on the "only wind 10 times" part. I just consulted a PP owner's manual for a manual wind reference and they indicate to wind the watch 25 turns daily. It's hard to imagine that the same manufacturer would put such a poorly designed winding mechanism into an automatic reference that the same behaviour (I.e. 25 daily winds) would cause damage.

Sent from my SM-G960U1 using Tapatalk
HiBoost is offline   Reply With Quote