The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > Buyers/Sellers "Who's Who" ?!?!

Old 2 November 2008, 07:20 AM   #1
zseriessub

anyone bought a watch from amazon.com?

Hey,

I'm looking at an Omega Seamaster 2255.80.00 on Amazon. Ive bought plenty of books from them, but never watch. Has anyone purchased from them and want to share their experience(s)?
zseriessub is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2008, 08:03 AM   #2
TimeToGo
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

MY OPINION.

I have purchased numerous things from Amazon, but never a watch. I have had great experiences each time. During my experience, though, I learned not all items ship from Amazon. There are registered stores that use the name Amazon to sell their items.

Research the store if it is not Amazon.
TimeToGo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 November 2008, 09:57 PM   #3
cameron
Banned

Watch: ss gmt 11 c
I have also bought several items from amazon in the UK. I did buy a watch although it was only an Oregon Scientific sports watch and not in the same category as your intended purchase. I have also bought a tv, fridge freezer, garden tools, dvds and a watch winder from them. I had a slight problem with my watch winder which was replaced quickly. All my items have been delivered quickly with no problems at all and I would have no worries about buying an Omega from them. They will send you e-mails about items which may be of interest to you from your buying and viewing profile. Don`t expect the experience to be any different in the US but who knows it may be better because you guys seem to embrace the "customer is king" notion in a bigger way than we do here.
cameron is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 November 2008, 01:23 AM   #4
astcell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116713
Any watches on Amazon are cheaper elsewhere. I google the watch I want or use Nextag.com.
Old 3 November 2008, 05:09 AM   #5
sakolander
"TRF" Member

I bought an Omega about 1 1/2 years ago..it came from Authentic Watches...Brand new with box and all papers...also a certificate of authenticity....the warranty was with Authentic Watches...I would definitely buy again from Amazon. I have had NO problem with the watch
sakolander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 November 2008, 03:33 AM   #6
onkyo
Banned

I bought an Omega PO from them 2-3 years ago and it arrived fine. I did not get a certificate of authenticity though. It was on sale and the cheapest around for a new watch.
onkyo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2008, 01:46 PM   #7
takita787

i got mine from amazon!!! couldn't have gone smoother, love the watch.
takita787 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 November 2008, 02:30 PM   #8
Greenring
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
My brother bought his Omega Speedmaster from Amazon.com. It was on sale. At least Amazon stands behind their sales, even if its from one of their partner merchants. I bought an 85mm f1.8 AF Nikkor through Amazon from one of their partner merchants. It arrived with many dust specs on the interior lens surfaces. I returned it and got a refund, no problem. Amazon is a great place to buy items. JUST MAKE SURE THE PRICE IS COMPETITIVE.
Greenring is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 16 November 2008, 09:11 AM   #9
ashe18c

If you buy from amazon, you dont have to worry about the products being fake. However, i got scammed by their credit card. I canceled it, and then got billed a few months later. I guess they never canceled it and somehow got some bs company to charge it. Im still fighting the case now. Its only a few hundred, but i rather spend a few thousand fighting this case because i cannot pay off something i didnt buy. Just a warning, dont want the same thing to happen to anyone else.
ashe18c is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 20 November 2008, 01:09 PM   #10
fun4uoc

I bought my Movado from Amazon and have no complaints. Good product, good price, and good customer service. What more could you ask for?
fun4uoc is offline   Reply With Quote