The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 April 2020, 12:24 AM   #1
Matt129
"TRF" Member

Newbie Question - GMT Master Bracelet

Newbie here with what is probably a really dumb question - if I have a 16710 on an oyster bracelet, what are my options to get a jubilee bracelet for it? I am wondering if that can be ordered through the RSC or an AD, or if my only option is through a seller such as those in the Accessories/Parts forum here?
Matt129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 12:29 AM   #2
Tools
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: GMT's
Since the Jubilee was an available option for the 16710, the RSC will generally sell you a Jubilee bracelet.

However, they don't sell on-line, or ship without first seeing the watch. AD's are a toss-up because of the confusion of what they can and cannot do.
Old 25 April 2020, 12:34 AM   #3
khalifam
"TRF" Member

Plenty of reading tondo for you on here! If you search 16710 Jubilee bracelet or something amongst those lines you'll see loads of threads.

I went to Rolex in St James and they issued a new Jubilee bracelet and let me keep my oyster bracelet. My AD on the other hand.... Useless.

Sent from my SM-N960F using Tapatalk
khalifam is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 12:56 AM   #4
Matt129
"TRF" Member

Thank you both for the responses, I appreciate it.
Matt129 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2020, 01:02 AM   #5
Andrew NYC
2024 ROLEX DATE-JUST41 Pledge Member

Hello and welcome Matt:

Yes, the RSC (and some ADs) will sell and attach a new bracelet. I had a new (period-specific) Jubilee installed on my 16710 last summer from the NY RSC. The original Jubilee bracelet was shot and was in desperate need of replacement. The cost was $1,150 and the RSC kept the old one. Similar to the bezel inserts, some RSCs will give you the option of keeping or replacing the original however there typically is a cost difference based on turning in versus keeping your original. Also, some have reported not being able to keep their original bracelet or insert so things seem to vary on a case by case basis.

I mention "period-specific" above as some have expressed interest in getting a new(er) bracelet to install on an order model watch (or vice-versa). It's my understanding that the RSC will NOT allow for this. While it would be great to put the modern Jubillee on a vintage piece (assuming it would fit) that has typically be a no-no from an RSC perspective.

The exception to this would be to see if you can find an AD that would order you a bracelet directly from Rolex that they or you could install it. I did this recently by adding a Super Jubillee to my previous version BLNR (which looks great!).

Finally, you can always go to the grey market and purchase whatever you like and can find. The issue here is price, typically if you're buying from a non-Rolex AD/RSC you are likely going to pay a premium. For example, my AD was able to order the Super Jubilee at the cost of $1,625 and a new one would likely be around $1,000 or more by going grey.

As others have mentioned here, there are a ton of posts on this topic. Good luck and please do post some pictures once you get squared away.

Best of luck - andrew
Andrew NYC is offline   Reply With Quote