The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 21 April 2020, 11:21 AM   #31
AbsolutelyROLEX!
"TRF" Member

Watch: AKA: ANDERL712000
Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
OP, your most recent sales listing starts off by saying: "Hi guys, haven't posted a sale in a while, good ol' rolex's new policies put me out of business LOL!"

Does that have anything to do with this rant?
I have completely accepted my fate, and as you can see it wasnt meant to be a put down on rolex.
I have a bit of reason to be a little upset, as selling supplemented my income and saved me from financial ruin.
I have accepted and moved on
This rant is due to seeing how a company which was doing quite fine and running smoothly, turning into what it is today

Hans Wilsdorf, Rolex founder
Old 21 April 2020, 11:34 AM   #32
Mick006
"TRF" Member

So you bought four watches from this AD and have sold them all? And now you want the AD to sell you a hot model that an enthusiast will cherish for the rest of his/her life.

Hard for me to feel bad for you. If you bought a watch and didn’t bond with it so moved it, that is one thing. 0 for 4 is a flipper and I’d let you acquire it on the grey market if I were an AD.
Old 21 April 2020, 11:37 AM   #33
s46
"TRF" Member

I have bought a ton of watches from AD's - all new

these AD's are scumbags that have been screwing us from day one

there was a time - long ago - they were respectful and honourable - now I wont feel bad when they blow up in this economic meltdown - and dont tell me its not coming - people are not going to pay premiums let alone retail anymore - day of reckoning coming soon
Old 21 April 2020, 11:39 AM   #34
AbsolutelyROLEX!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigdwh View Post
If you can't afford them, then don't buy them.
Holy smokes craig, from a fellow canadian?
I have to explain now why I can only afford one rolex at a time?
I cant be the only one!

And by the way for those thinking I am some kind of rich guy from being a seller once, my main business was not doing very well at the time and selling watches saved it from failing, it was survival.
And for those thinking” well where did you get all the money to buy those watches”
I borrowed the money
And I built an excellent reputation from being honest, never taking advantage of anyone.

Old 21 April 2020, 11:44 AM   #35
Craigdwh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Breguet Type XXI
Quote:
Originally Posted by AbsolutelyROLEX! View Post
Holy smokes craig, from a fellow canadian?
I have to explain now why I can only afford one rolex at a time?
I cant be the only one!

And by the way for those thinking I am some kind of rich guy from being a seller once, my main business was not doing very well at the time and selling watches saved it from failing, it was survival.
And for those thinking” well where did you get all the money to buy those watches”
I borrowed the money
And I built an excellent reputation from being honest, never taking advantage of anyone.
Andy Nationality has nothing to do with this.

The absolute truth of the matter is, if you can't afford them then don't buy them. It's simple.

Selling watches as a secondary revenue stream essentially means you were competing with the AD, I don't understand how you can be upset that they aren't selling you the BLRO. Obviously the only reason you want it is to flip it and make some cash. (nothing wrong with that, but don't blame Rolex or the AD).

"Where's the nearest bridge"?
Old 21 April 2020, 11:44 AM   #36
AbsolutelyROLEX!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mick006 View Post
So you bought four watches from this AD and have sold them all? And now you want the AD to sell you a hot model that an enthusiast will cherish for the rest of his/her life.

Hard for me to feel bad for you. If you bought a watch and didn’t bond with it so moved it, that is one thing. 0 for 4 is a flipper and I’d let you acquire it on the grey market if I were an AD.
Another lowblow thanks!
Let me repeat...MOST OF THE WATCHES BEING SOLD TODAY ARE BY PEOPLE THAT GOT THE WATCHES FROM THE VERY SAME ADS THAT ARE TRYING TO AVOID THAT TO SELL TO THE PEOPLE THAT WILL CHERISH THEM AND NOT SELL THEM FOR PROFIT

Old 21 April 2020, 11:48 AM   #37
jamestucker
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Old Expat Beast View Post
OP, your most recent sales listing starts off by saying: "Hi guys, haven't posted a sale in a while, good ol' rolex's new policies put me out of business LOL!"

Does that have anything to do with this rant?
Old 21 April 2020, 11:50 AM   #38
NachoNeal
"TRF" Member

Watch: ing the river flow
Quote:
Originally Posted by FTX I View Post
On your last thread you made an offer on a Daytona and when the seller accepted you disappeared. Now you say you're a flipper, and you want our sympathy. It's confusing.

https://www.rolexforums.com/showthre...=734158&page=6
Lolz. He's not a flipper. He's a flip FLOPPER!
Old 21 April 2020, 11:54 AM   #39
AbsolutelyROLEX!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Craigdwh View Post
Andy Nationality has nothing to do with this.

The absolute truth of the matter is, if you can't afford them then don't buy them. It's simple.

Selling watches as a secondary revenue stream essentially means you were competing with the AD, I don't understand how you can be upset that they aren't selling you the BLRO. Obviously the only reason you want it is to flip it and make some cash. (nothing wrong with that, but don't blame Rolex or the AD).
Ok Craig, I can afford one (1) now
And Craig, I cant have the reason to flip it to make money because I cant get one.
Cant flip what I cant get
My whole beef here, is that there are hundreds out there being sold at high prices that came from flippers that should have gone to guys like me that really want one.
Just because I was a seller once doesnt mean I never want one for myself.
I have owned personal watches before in my life ya know.
And competingwith the ads?
They were the ones that willingly sold them to me, one of them even sent me thankyou gifts...twice!

Old 21 April 2020, 12:13 PM   #40
AbsolutelyROLEX!
"TRF" Member

Again people, thoroughly read my answers
I am not putting down flippers, or ADs or greys
My point is when an entity tries to control things heavily, it ruins things for most
I mean look at all the posts lately condemning ADs and flippers and greys and who knows all else.
Youtube videos of prominent people condemning this whole situation
People getting nasty with each other
Things were not this bad before the strategy change
Sure there were a few complaints now and then.
But now, a total mess

Old 21 April 2020, 12:15 PM   #41
RolexNoob604
"TRF" Member

Not too sure how long you have been out of the market. Many of the grey dealers buy multiple watches at a time and often bundle with hard to sell models. This way both AD and grey benefits. On the other hand, selling to an individual flipper a hot model like BLRO is like handing out $10k CAD cash. Most flippers will at least try to disguise their flipping business and unfortunately you got caught.

Secondly, I don't understand why someone would buy a Rolex if you are low on income or have to borrow money to buy them. You said you borrow money to buy them and sold all of them at a loss, how does that business work???
Old 21 April 2020, 12:17 PM   #42
georgekart
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I told the person that I had bought 4 other rolexes there over the years, and after 2 years was wondering if there was any chance of finally getting a pepsi, as I really want one for myself.
The salesperson asked me if I can prove that I still own any of the rolexes I had bought.
I answered him saying that no, when I get bored of them I sell them for something different.
Seems like a you problem. How would they know you aren't a flipper. Now if you visit them quite often and they see you wearing that watch from time to time to then see you not wearing it after a couple years that's one thing. But otherwise it looks like you bought a watch and then sold it. What's to make them believe you are a customer they want to sell to. They have people lining up to buy a BLRO, why should they sell it to you and not the guy who brings them actual business and either bundles allowing them to get rid of stock they don't want or actually wears the watch showing them you'll remain their customer whether prices go down or not. If they wanted someone to flip it they could find someone who'd be willing to buy it in 5 seconds. What makes you different than that guy?

Quote:
The famous economist milton friedman had the correct view:
As in the narcotics industry, as soon as you try to control and limit the supply, it only ends up enabling the illegal underground dealings, and only the large cartels become successful and survive, and drives up price and demand.
This happened during prohibition in the 30’s, after which the government finally said “well that didnt go too well, i guess we will stop controlling that”
The big difference is that with drugs, alcohol, prostitution or gambling what the governments really don't want is illegal groups making that money and using it to buy influence, not pay taxes and limit power of politicians. With watches, literally nobody is losing. Rolex sold all their watches to a network of ADs, they couldn't care less. The ADs are happy to sell to either the customer that will be their long term customer or the one allowing them to make more money now through bundling and simply moving more watches. The grey made his money. What's the issue? Who lost? If you think it's the end consumer, seemingly enough people want to pay whatever the watches cost on grey market to fully buy up all the watches.

Quote:
This is what has happened to rolex. Their plan has backfired.
How has it backfired exactly? I'm pretty sure their sales only went up. If you think you like a Breitling, but are on the fence, you won't buy one out of fear of it taking a price hit. If you like a Rolex but are on the fence, you're getting on a waitlist and when and if your time comes, you're buying it because you know you aren't losing money in case you don't like owning it. At least most people are. I am willing to bet so many incomings here are simply due to that fact.

Your issue is actually with people who buy from grey dealers. Because they buy it at that price setting precedent. If the market didn't agree to buy for that price, the price would fall. If Rolex was to produce so many watches they'd sell under MSRP, I'm willing to bet many people would not be interested in them.
Old 21 April 2020, 12:28 PM   #43
Mick006
"TRF" Member

You had your chance with the four models you previously bought and flipped. You are going to have to start at the back of the line, probably at a new AD. Some members have been waiting for a long time for their first. Maybe you should be happy that you got the opportunity to buy and enjoy the four ones you had.

I'm glad that you were able to weather the financial turbulence and are back in a position to purchase a rolex again. That's the silver lining.
Old 21 April 2020, 12:31 PM   #44
RBradleigh
"TRF" Member

Watch: 216570 Polar
Dang there are some heartless people here. The OP didn’t say 1) he let go of previous models to make a buck.
There are so many of us who “don’t bond” whatever that means that I see tossed around the boards and you all are giving the OP the business over.

2) That he plans to “flip” once procured. Perhaps he just truly wants a current model BLRO.

What I don’t get is why so many on these boards lust over 2 particular models; SS Daytona and Pepsi GMT. I think if I were an AD I’d get a bit frustrated if every other “customer” who walked through the door asked about these 2 models. I guess I can’t blame them for making available only to high $ and volume customers. How about just a lil originality eh?

Where I don’t agree with the OP on is that the pieces are going to Flippers unless a Gray is considered a flipper. I do believe 50% if not more of a available SS BLRO and Daytona wind up in the hands of a gray directly from AD, so what it keeps the business afloat.

I personally believe the high net worth customer is leaving with a DD, precious metal DJ or SkyD instead of a SS GMT. My 2 cents

Stay safe everybody,
Old 21 April 2020, 12:40 PM   #45
Theoffice
"TRF" Member

Watch: Chnr, hulk, sub d
Lol you want to buy it desperately to flip and make some money,
I agree with the AD I wouldn’t sell to you either,
Entitled much eh?
-well you’re a flipper arent you, serves you right!
Old 21 April 2020, 12:53 PM   #46
AbsolutelyROLEX!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Theoffice View Post
Lol you want to buy it desperately to flip and make some money,
I agree with the AD I wouldn’t sell to you either,
Entitled much eh?
-well you’re a flipper arent you, serves you right!
Wow...just wow

Old 21 April 2020, 01:00 PM   #47
AbsolutelyROLEX!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RolexNoob604 View Post
Not too sure how long you have been out of the market. Many of the grey dealers buy multiple watches at a time and often bundle with hard to sell models. This way both AD and grey benefits. On the other hand, selling to an individual flipper a hot model like BLRO is like handing out $10k CAD cash. Most flippers will at least try to disguise their flipping business and unfortunately you got caught.

Secondly, I don't understand why someone would buy a Rolex if you are low on income or have to borrow money to buy them. You said you borrow money to buy them and sold all of them at a loss, how does that business work???
Again not reading correctly
That was 4-5 years ago things have changed
Didnt sell at a loss, made ok
When I said I sold them lower than anybody else it was because of the low value of our canadian dollar.
Please guys dont make assumptions from not reading thoroughly

Old 21 April 2020, 01:01 PM   #48
Mick006
"TRF" Member

The humorous part is that you seem to find these responses surprising.

There are droves of loyal collectors who want a pepsi. You got busted as a flipper and can't believe the AD won't sell you one.

If you want a pepsi that badly as your one and only and you have no plans to flip it, just pay the premium and buy it from a TS. You can have your coveted heirloom piece tomorrow and enjoy it for rest of your life.
Old 21 April 2020, 01:03 PM   #49
AbsolutelyROLEX!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
You had your chance with the four models you previously bought and flipped. You are going to have to start at the back of the line, probably at a new AD. Some members have been waiting for a long time for their first. Maybe you should be happy that you got the opportunity to buy and enjoy the four ones you had.

I'm glad that you were able to weather the financial turbulence and are back in a position to purchase a rolex again. That's the silver lining.
I have waited patiently for 2 years for others to get their first.
Unfortunately, MOST OF THOSE FIRST TIME BUYERS FLIPPED THEIR WATCHES FOR PROFIT

Old 21 April 2020, 01:05 PM   #50
AbsolutelyROLEX!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
The humorous part is that you seem to find these responses surprising.

There are droves of loyal collectors who want a pepsi. You got busted as a flipper and can't believe the AD won't sell you one.

If you want a pepsi that badly as your one and only and you have no plans to flip it, just pay the premium and buy it from a TS. You can have your coveted heirloom piece tomorrow and enjoy it for rest of your life.
Another assumption that I am desperate
Not desperate, just ticked at seeing so many out there at inflated prices causing me to not be able to get one.
Well it looks like that will be my only option...buy high
If I do I will post it here

Old 21 April 2020, 01:09 PM   #51
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
Maybe my reading comprehension needs work.

Are you for flipping or against it? Did you flip watches yourself or was your situation different because of your financial situation?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 21 April 2020, 01:09 PM   #52
AF_Rob
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub/Polar/OP/BB
I don't see this thread living much longer. Its getting rough out there.
Old 21 April 2020, 01:11 PM   #53
Mick006
"TRF" Member

I disagree with you. I think the bulk of the second hand pepsi sales have been greys with some private sellers sprinkled in.
Old 21 April 2020, 01:12 PM   #54
Chesus
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP 3970
What would you do if you’re AD and someone like you try to get Pepsi. Exactly same thing they did; don’t blame ADs!
Old 21 April 2020, 01:15 PM   #55
AbsolutelyROLEX!
"TRF" Member

Your issue is actually with people who buy from grey dealers. Because they buy it at that price setting precedent. If the market didn't agree to buy for that price, the price would fall. If Rolex was to produce so many watches they'd sell under MSRP, I'm willing to bet many people would not be interested in them.

Wrong again
If all those watches were being bought up, i wouldnt complain
But there is an oversupply now at inflated prices and nobody is buying

Old 21 April 2020, 01:19 PM   #56
LuxLemon
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116710 BLNR
Three letters and three numbers for you...

...SKX..

You have so many logical errors it is hilarious.
Old 21 April 2020, 01:20 PM   #57
AbsolutelyROLEX!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by 42itus View Post
Maybe my reading comprehension needs work.

Are you for flipping or against it? Did you flip watches yourself or was your situation different because of your financial situation?

Not against flippers, they didnt cause the problem
You cant judge someone for trying to make money.
When I flipped, it was because of the value of our dollar and supply was high
And I did it to supplement my low income, if I was doing well, I wouldnt have bothered

Old 21 April 2020, 01:22 PM   #58
AbsolutelyROLEX!
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chesus View Post
What would you do if you’re AD and someone like you try to get Pepsi. Exactly same thing they did; don’t blame ADs!
Am I losing it?
I am sure I mentioned many times that I am not blaming ADs

Old 21 April 2020, 01:25 PM   #59
42itus
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116519LN
So in the words of Denzel Washington, explain it to me like I’m a six year old.

What are you upset about?

Old 21 April 2020, 01:32 PM   #60
Mick006
"TRF" Member

I think he is upset that people other than him are flipping watches for profit.
Closed Thread