The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 18 January 2006, 09:28 PM   #1
subbyman
"TRF" Member

Question about a sub?

i was told that they made a blue ss submariner for the far east market and some customs here in the usa , what do u guys know about this and can u direct me to a site about them , thanks
subbyman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2006, 10:01 PM   #2
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
You was told wrong there has never been a blue dial S.Steel sub,the blue dialled S.steel subs you see are undoubtedly fakes.The only blue genuine Rolex Sub is the Two Tone I suggest you visit www.rolex.com ,to see the range of genuine models

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2006, 10:56 PM   #3
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

I have only seen the combo you mentioned as fakes.

Beware.
Mr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 18 January 2006, 11:14 PM   #4
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Watch: F-series SD
Just a wild guess, but could you be talking about the Tudor Sub instead? That came with a dark blue (not metallic like the TT) dial and bezel.

Old 18 January 2006, 11:43 PM   #5
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
Quote:
Originally Posted by subbyman
i was told that they made a blue ss submariner for the far east market and some customs here in the usa , what do u guys know about this and can u direct me to a site about them , thanks
I've got a SS Sub with a blue serti dial. It's as fake as they come (someday I'll get into the story of how I became the "proud" owner of that abomination, but no need now).

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2006, 05:37 AM   #6
mike
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by subbyman
I've heard those stories also. To my knowledge Rolex never made that watch.
mike is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2006, 05:38 AM   #7
Atomic

They never have (except for the Tudor)... but I wish they did. I'd love to get a 16610 with a navy blue dial and bezel. That gets my mojo going!
Old 19 January 2006, 08:21 PM   #8
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Atomic
They never have (except for the Tudor)... but I wish they did. I'd love to get a 16610 with a navy blue dial and bezel. That gets my mojo going!
I am sure if you send in your request to the very nice people at Rolex they will make you one I don't think.But agree a SS sub
with the blue dial/bezel would look great.But we had to Wait 50 years for a green bezel on Sub,and a green dial on GMT.So perhaps another 50 years you might get a blue dial/bezel .

ICom Pro3

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Old 19 January 2006, 09:09 PM   #9
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Only if they start making blue boxes now, Peter.
Old 19 January 2006, 10:11 PM   #10
Mr. K
"TRF" Member

Ok, I stand corrected. After thinking about this post I do remmber a SS blue sub in one of my magazines. I mailed all my magazines home and are now in storage or I would research it.

But I did take a pic for another forum a long time ago.

From what I remember of the article, it said that the origin of the watch was unknown, but they thought that it might in fact be a custom job from Rolex.

Do not quote me exactly on that because the article was writen in Japanese and my Japanese is not all that great.

Anyway here is the pic.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg SS sub.JPG (49.0 KB, 33 views)
Mr. K is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 January 2006, 10:55 PM   #11
Gedanken
"TRF" Member

Is that just the curve of the page or does that crown look way too thin to be a Triplock?
Old 20 January 2006, 12:13 AM   #12
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr. K
Ok, I stand corrected. After thinking about this post I do remmber a SS blue sub in one of my magazines. I mailed all my magazines home and are now in storage or I would research it.

But I did take a pic for another forum a long time ago.

From what I remember of the article, it said that the origin of the watch was unknown, but they thought that it might in fact be a custom job from Rolex.

Do not quote me exactly on that because the article was writen in Japanese and my Japanese is not all that great.

Anyway here is the pic.
Yes that is possible like the special dials,made for Arabs etc,but never heard of a blue dial in production retail.A franken watch or a special order,looking at the patina on lume that was a long time ago.

ICom Pro3

www.mc0yad.club