The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 3 May 2024, 02:47 AM   #61
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
I like the Pepsi, but not enough to pay over retail for it, or any watch for that matter. I understand why people who love it would do it though, I would if I did. My wallet is happy I'm not in that boat. My wife and kids too .
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 02:53 AM   #62
afjag256
"TRF" Member

There is no shortage of the other gmts and asking prices on those on the secondary market are still way over retail. Nothing to do with real scarcity.
afjag256 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 03:14 AM   #63
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bro Watch View Post
It is highly improbable that there will be a significant price reduction. The watch in question is of exceptional quality and is not easily obtainable.

Sent from my SM-S911U1 using Tapatalk

Meh. It has a colorful bezel, is that the bar for exceptional quality at 18-20k price point ?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 03:52 AM   #64
rolesor2022
"TRF" Member

Pepsi's will stabilize at 18k imo. It won't ever go lower than 17k.
rolesor2022 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 04:28 AM   #65
ArtNouveau
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLRO/Daytona/OP41s
Quote:
Originally Posted by kopi-c View Post
Exactly.

Why call them Trusted Sellers. It just a random watch seller that have used watches for sale. Some might have great feedback or reviews, but to label them as Trusted Seller is a bit of a stretch.
Well, the old adage when purchasing a used watch has always been “buy the seller, not the watch.” The used dealers called Trusted Sellers have been pre-vetted by hundreds of satisfied customers before you hence that title.
Of the ones here at TRF, I’ve only dealt with one, Takuya. I sold him a Rolex versus buying but the whole experience went well and I would recommend him as being reliable.
ArtNouveau is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 04:39 AM   #66
Alvar*
"TRF" Member

It is not a rare watch. Demand is just very very high. In Watches and Wonders it was the most common watch alongside with a ceramic sub amongst the visitors (confirmed by me). Many young ppl barely finished high school were wearing pepsis.

Alvar* is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 04:41 AM   #67
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Time for rolex pepsi price to come down to earth

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
Well, the old adage when purchasing a used watch has always been “buy the seller, not the watch.” The used dealers called Trusted Sellers have been pre-vetted by hundreds of satisfied customers before you hence that title.
Of the ones here at TRF, I’ve only dealt with one, Takuya. I sold him a Rolex versus buying but the whole experience went well and I would recommend him as being reliable.

Not disagreeing.

Of course it was reliable, he probably bought at a price point that left 2-3k margins for himself. All he had to was send you an insured FedEx label and you did all the boxing and packaging, he didn’t even leave his house and he made an easy 2-3k off you.

Now depending on what model you sold, make him an offer below his outrageous asking price and he’ll scoff at you and cite his “trusted seller status”. It’s not just him, but a lot of the used watch sellers.

Old 3 May 2024, 05:11 AM   #68
Ravager135
"TRF" Member

BLRO prices will stay up or at the very least continue to command a sizeable premium over its counterparts. There's essentially four stainless steel GMT-Master II variations now. Regardless of which variation you personally prefer, the BLRO remains the most popular.

I highly doubt ADs are going to shipped more GMTs, more likely is that the BLRO will fit in a rotation with the other models which are distributed every few weeks. My AD has point blank told me (this was two years ago to be fair when there were only two variations) that they essentially get a BLNR in one shipment and then a BLRO in the next. When I presented asking for a BLRO he told me he expected one in the next shipment and sure enough it arrived because he had a BLNR in the previous one. I'm not suggesting necessarily that each variation will be be a quarter of production or distribution to ADs, but that simply Rolex will be able to fill the demand for GMTs with easier to produce models than the BLRO bezel. I just can't see things changing much.
Ravager135 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 05:21 AM   #69
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

The entire SS GMT line is on fire right now. Premiums are reflecting this and they are selling at that price point. I think prices will hold.
Old 3 May 2024, 05:26 AM   #70
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
Not rare? Certainly not ubquitous, but I have never seen anyone wearing a BLRO in the wild and I look at everyones watch.
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 05:46 AM   #71
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
I have seen two BLROs in the wild - once in Nottingham London on vacation and once at an airport in San Antonio.
Nads786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 05:47 AM   #72
Nads786
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
Quote:
Originally Posted by Hollie_Rollie View Post
Not disagreeing.

Of course it was reliable, he probably bought at a price point that left 2-3k margins for himself. All he had to was send you an insured FedEx label and you did all the boxing and packaging, he didn’t even leave his house and he made an easy 2-3k off you.

Now depending on what model you sold, make him an offer below his outrageous asking price and he’ll scoff at you and cite his “trusted seller status”. It’s not just him, but a lot of the used watch sellers.

If it's so easy why isn't everyone doing it? It took him a while to become a trusted seller.

They provide good liquidity when you want a watch sold and you're OK not dealing with Chrono 24 or selling it on Reddit yourself.
Nads786 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 06:32 AM   #73
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Nads786 View Post
If it's so easy why isn't everyone doing it? It took him a while to become a trusted seller.

They provide good liquidity when you want a watch sold and you're OK not dealing with Chrono 24 or selling it on Reddit yourself.

Many reasons why everyone isn’t doing. However, given the explosion of used watch dealers in the market one can make the argument that it appears that “everyone is doing it”.

But the largest barrier would probably be excess capital and connections.

Old 3 May 2024, 07:16 AM   #74
Beto737
"TRF" Member

It’s certainly a hyped watch. But, it has real history behind it and real enthusiasts aren’t selling theirs. Especially if they’re aviation enthusiasts as well.
Beto737 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2024, 07:18 AM   #75
enjoythemusic
2024 Pledge Member

100% agree, pricing needs to go back to $9.99 for three 12-packs.
“Life should not be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside in a cloud of smoke, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming 'Wow! What a Ride!'” -- Hunter S. Thompson

Sent from my Etch A Sketch using String Theory.
enjoythemusic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 07:43 AM   #76
GMT Aviator
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

When does the second production facility swing into action at Rolex? Surely when it does, it will start to level the field.

I honestly think now, that restricting the sales of any references is more damaging to the brand than it was a few years back.
GMT Aviator is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 07:50 AM   #77
Cambo
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex/Grand Seiko
The BLRO is the only watch I ever went grey for and I’m happy I did. It’s a keeper.
Old 5 May 2024, 10:24 AM   #78
Onequik135i
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LV
Purchased mine grey over a year ago, glad I did too. I would never get a call on one of these locally in my area.
Old 5 May 2024, 10:34 AM   #79
stevestil
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beto737 View Post
It’s certainly a hyped watch. But, it has real history behind it and real enthusiasts aren’t selling theirs. Especially if they’re aviation enthusiasts as well.

Why I won’t sell mine

stevestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2024, 02:44 AM   #80
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
From everything we hear and read, production is very low on this model and demand is through the roof. I don't see prices coming down on the used models being sold where the watch is basically impossible to get from an AD for the average buyer.
Calatrava r is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2024, 03:07 AM   #81
thesharkfactor
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT
It will remain to be the most difficult to get GMT from an AD in my opinion. Whatever that means for the grey market will be what it is.
thesharkfactor is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2024, 03:15 AM   #82
Mathematoxic
"TRF" Member

Rare to see someone obtaining it from an AD. But secondary has tonnes of them for sale at a price point not many can accept. Many pieces are sold here and there amongst dealers. Don’t forget that no matter how good an AD is, they are still a party with vested interest. So ADs will never reveal the truth of the supply situation for ALL watches at ALL times. And because of this, grey dealers play along will to hype it up. They get all the gains but nothing to lose. Just thinking this from a business perspective.
Mathematoxic is offline   Reply With Quote