The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29 April 2024, 05:47 AM   #34
Blue Crown
2024 Pledge Member

Icon20 Finally arrived____MY LV Blue Tambour

Last Friday, I was able to get back to NYC to pick up my LV Tambour, stainless steel, blue dial watch. I am thrilled to have finally received this beautiful watch having purchased it pre-launch @ LV NYC, August 2023 (See previous posts). Last September, @ LV Paris, I was able to try on all the new Tambour options. They were awesome especially the open case back and new proprietary movement which is well detailed and monochromatic except for the chunky 22K rose gold micro-rotor. I am a big fan of blue dials. Once it was on, I loved the way it hugged my wrist and how the light played on the blues of the dial. There were many other design features I appreciated in the creation of this watch. This is a happy addition to my wonderful collection. I have been wearing it for this past week both dressed up and in jeans and it has a certain casual elegance about it.

I think LV is doing a great job with the redirection of their own watches as well as within the other brands they own. Looking at Zenith and Tag Heuer who have created some new novelties that recently garnered attention. I believe they also own Bulgari - which just came out again with the thinnest watch in the world. I would say that the LVMH group has experienced, talented people and with their resources should succeed. Time will tell if Jean Arnault - who is quite young and passionate about watches, sparks this renaissance and repositions LV as a “High End Luxury” level watchmaker.
*NOTE: LV has always offered very high-end horological pieces, but the tambours are their new entry level point eliminating all other LV collections.

This 40mm watch wears very comfortable with the case and bracelet hugging the wrist. Its streamlined design has a more compact appearance on the wrist compared to my other watches of the same size. The blue concentric dials - especially the blue sunray center dial, really plays well with the light. From a dark admiral blue to a light bluesy blue to a silver grey it all plays quite well. It is a sleek and sexy watch with the sharpness / hardness of integrated bracelets softened up. The polished rounded edges with the satin finish and slimming curve of the bracelet helps to accomplish that. In addition, when looking straight down, the narrow drum top shape of the watch case is a full circle on the wrist. The “integrated’ bracelet comes out from top and lower half of the case. This is different from most integrated bracelet watches where the bracelet is designed to be part of the watch case encapsulating the dial shape. The bracelet is integrated as a fundamental part of the whole case to give it an aesthetically seamless look.

This was a decent wait, although not as long as the CW Bel Canto, I am still waiting on.

Thanks again to Watcheroo for the great thread created here.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_0130.jpg (182.6 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0438.jpg (160.2 KB, 155 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0440.jpg (146.4 KB, 156 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0139.jpg (134.6 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0161.jpg (112.4 KB, 157 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0293.jpg (177.9 KB, 159 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0278.jpg (106.8 KB, 162 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_0385.jpg (143.7 KB, 160 views)