The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 29 October 2021, 02:28 AM   #1
DaveTheWatchGuy
"TRF" Member

Can’t believe how badly I was lied to

Because I’m a glutton for punishment, I’ve been visiting ADs here in Greece while on holiday. I had zero expectations of actually getting a Rolex because I’m a realist. But man, I didn’t expect that ADs could be this dirty!! Here are two examples:

1) While waiting to enter one Ad (because there was a couple in there already and they have a 2 person maximum) I was looking through the display window curtain and noticed that the Sales Associate kept opening up a drawer and taking out coffins with watches in them. He took out about 6 different coffins. I couldn’t tell what the pieces were though. The couple left and the security guard told me they needed to clean the clean down the counter (covid protocol). I carefully watched through the display window curtain and saw the SA packing up all the coffins and putting them back in his drawer. I walk in and see three tiny/diamond women’s datejusts. Before I could even say anything the SA greets me with “sorry, we have nothing for men”….I say: Oh really? Looked like you had some pieces you put away under your desk. He was shocked that I noticed what he was up to. He continued to deny having any other pieces. I just shook my head and walked out.

2) right after this visit I hit another AD that sells Rolex and other brands. I walk in and try to disarm the SA’s by looking around at other brands…some brands I actually own and like. When I get to the Rolex section the SA immediately says “we have no men’s pieces”. All they had in their display were small ladies datejusts. I looked around a bit more and left. About 30 minutes later I walk by their window again on my way to another store and look in….what do I see? The same SA helping another customer. Only on the tray in front of him were several pieces…couldn’t make them out totally but it looked like a two tone root beer, rose gold day date, and maybe a datejust or OP. I locked eyes with the SA who clearly remembered me and looked a bit uncomfortable by my stalkerish staring. Lol. For a split second I gave them the benefit of the doubt and thought maybe he already bought these pieces. No. The man walked out empty handed. I then watched the woman put the pieces away as they let in the next customer.

I am officially done visiting ADs….life is too short to waste any more time. Im thankful for the 5 Rolex pieces I have (most of which were purchased/trade with grey dealers). For the next while I’m moving onto other brands.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
DaveTheWatchGuy is offline   Reply With Quote