The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 31 March 2024, 01:12 AM   #31
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Huge congrats! I think we need to see it!

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 01:15 AM   #32
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Linuxpenguins View Post
It’s not being discontinued. Imagine the embarrassment for Rolex if they did - and everyone forever assumes they cannot get a simple bezel right. What else can they not get right - this is what people would think.

Well, people are already think that, so…

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 01:21 AM   #33
tymonster
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb335 View Post
Well, people are already think that, so…

People who think that are watch addicts willing to spend $22,000 on a preowned 3 year old watch that retailed for under $10,000.

We are not normal people and make up 0.0001% of the population. As such, what we think hasn’t and never will matter to the Rolex machine.

tymonster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 02:26 AM   #34
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by tymonster View Post
People who think that are watch addicts willing to spend $22,000 on a preowned 3 year old watch that retailed for under $10,000.

We are not normal people and make up 0.0001% of the population. As such, what we think hasn’t and never will matter to the Rolex machine.

Huh? I was replying to and quoted the guy saying Rolex wouldn’t discontinue because then people would think they couldn’t get the bezel and its colors right. My point was people already think and say that.

While i agree we are watch extremists, I think you are wrong to think Rolex isn’t aware of and has zero care what its enthusiasts think. I don’t think they make many decisions based on must but I think there is at least a modicum of awareness and maybe even a pinch of consideration from time to time.

jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 02:28 AM   #35
MYK
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: @kuwaitinglist
Congratulations, I too recently acquired one. Not because of the rumors, I had to sell mine a few months a go and was planning to purchase another in March/April. Very unfortunate the prices went up and while I could have waited, I really wanted an MK1 and this was the last one I found online (from DesiRolex, great transaction by the way) so I went ahead and bought it. I am not saying it won't be discontinued but Coke and Pepsi had co-existed in the past, I can't see why they can't again. If anything, I believe discontinuing the VTNR makes more sense. Demand met, hype created, now back to a highly efficient, standardized production line.
MYK is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 02:29 AM   #36
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
buy what you truly love, not based on hype.
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 03:18 AM   #37
acorn
Banned

I love the Pepsi and discontinuation would be awesome.
acorn is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 04:18 AM   #38
BillA
2024 Pledge Member

Problems making the bezel color is pure conjecture. No one knows for sure.
BillA is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 06:27 AM   #39
Oytun
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712,116500 & Rest
Congrats, great watch

That video is bs though. Discontinuation has already been priced, i don't think it will get any higher even if it's discontinued.
Oytun is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 07:26 AM   #40
Steele
"TRF" Member

Watch: All of them
Quote:
It’s not being discontinued. Imagine the embarrassment for Rolex if they did - and everyone forever assumes they cannot get a simple bezel right. What else can they not get right - this is what people would think.
I just saw in another post how a community members bezel insert cracked on a 126710BLRO they seem fragile

Quote:
Originally Posted by Joearch View Post
There will be some changes to the GMT Master II lineup. What that looks like will be revealed in 10 days. Enjoy your watch!
I for one am excited and hope that we get some bangers

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachopc View Post
Big congratulations!!!!!

Hard to believe for me than a company like Rolex with 10B turnover doesn’t get the technology to sort it out the red colour problem.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Yes I agree but I do know how crazy thin the blue coating is over the red. Just take a black light to your bezel and you will see

Quote:
Originally Posted by OcdRob View Post
Congratulations. I hope you really enjoy your new watch.

As to Rolex discontinuing the Pepsi who knows what they will do. Since you really wanted the watch I think you made the right decision. If it gets discontinued the gray price will shoot up, if it doesnt it will only drop a little as they are still super hard to get from an AD.
I agree 100%

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jackie Daytona View Post
Sometimes it doesn’t matter how you get there just the end result that is positive and that makes you happy. We all need a nudge once in a while
Love this quote it’s a good life mantra.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tymonster View Post
Welcome to the club. I am no longer a member but was at one point. It’s a great watch.

Listen if you got to smash the cheer leading Captain once it still counts forever lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrlube1151001 View Post
I personally think it might be discontinued at least for the time being until they fix the bezel issue.I have spoke to few A.D I have a good relationship.They all say the same thing.Not getting any and even if they get it is one or two a year.There is no point in having them in their website and not able to deliver to the A.D.They might bring something like a coke which is not difficult to produce.once they fix the bezel issue they will reintroduce it.
My AD says the same thing they just dried up.

Quote:
Originally Posted by 4 Aussies View Post
Discontinued, or not, prices go up or down, and bezel colors change or remain the same. GMT Pepsi is a winner all the way around, take your pick, anything between 1954 and today.
Yeah I have some older models and they are worth a fortune compared to what they where originally bought and paid for.

Quote:
Originally Posted by z train View Post
You purchased it because of social media narrative?
I purchased it because I wanted it for a long while now. It’s my 5th pepsi I own
(2) 6542s (1) 16710 (1) Pepsi meteorite (1) 126710BLRO
Missing a 1675 and a SARU to complete the line
Steele is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 08:20 AM   #41
Cassian739
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Congrats!
Cassian739 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 09:12 AM   #42
GGGMT
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 79010sg
What about the video prompted the buy?

GGGMT is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 10:30 AM   #43
wgdaytona
2024 Pledge Member

Not sure the reason you bought makes sense, but that's your call. I have one and love it for what it is. A great Rolex reference, and I don't need the internet to convince me.
wgdaytona is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 05:41 PM   #44
cmc_tht
"TRF" Member

Wear it in good health.

I look forward to W&W 2024. Discontinue or not, we will see.
cmc_tht is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 07:58 PM   #45
wm82
"TRF" Member

If it does get discontinued loads of them will come to market from people who want to cash in, a "sell the news" event.

At least I hope so cause I have an unworn pepsi bought at retail and if someone wants to pay me 30k+ for a silly steel watch I will happily take their money and put them to use in the markets instead...
wm82 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 10:10 PM   #46
OcdRob
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm82 View Post
If it does get discontinued loads of them will come to market from people who want to cash in, a "sell the news" event.

At least I hope so cause I have an unworn pepsi bought at retail and if someone wants to pay me 30k+ for a silly steel watch I will happily take their money and put them to use in the markets instead...
Im with you on this. I love my Pepsi but at a certain price its illogical for me to hold on to it. I would miss the watch though.
OcdRob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 10:26 PM   #47
rob
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SS only
It’s not available through your AD, it’s no one’s business why you buy what you buy, your happy so that is a win, win!!!

I believe the Pepsi will be gone (at least for a little while, till they either come up with a new way to make make the ceramic insert or make a completely new insert out of a more durable material, and an easier way to make the Pepsi) even then, you will have had the pleasure and have enjoyed it for years!!!

Congrats!!!!!
rob is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 10:42 PM   #48
Phil8352
"TRF" Member

The sphincters of Pepsi owners everywhere are tightly puckered as they wait for their bezels to crack after the reference has been discontinued and RSCs have depleted their supply of replacements.

High anxiety.

Beware of those door jambs!
Phil8352 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2024, 12:54 AM   #49
Steele
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wgdaytona View Post
Not sure the reason you bought makes sense, but that's your call. I have one and love it for what it is. A great Rolex reference, and I don't need the internet to convince me.
Like I posted above
“ I purchased it because I wanted it for a long while now. It’s my 5th pepsi I own
(2) 6542s (1) 16710 (1) Pepsi meteorite (1) 126710BLRO
Missing a 1675 and a SARU to complete the line” I wanted it long before the video I was being a cheap ass grinding for the best deal and should have pulled the trigger a year ago! But I was chasing the deal not the watch unfortunately this was one that kept getting away.

Quote:
Originally Posted by wm82 View Post

Lol almost everything is for sale!

Quote:
Originally Posted by rob View Post
It’s not available through your AD, it’s no one’s business why you buy what you buy, your happy so that is a win, win!!!

I believe the Pepsi will be gone (at least for a little while, till they either come up with a new way to make make the ceramic insert or make a completely new insert out of a more durable material, and an easier way to make the Pepsi) even then, you will have had the pleasure and have enjoyed it for years!!!

Congrats!!!!!
Thank you and yes it’s a win win. May the market slow down this summer to drive prices lower so I can get those deals on the dreams lol

Quote:
Originally Posted by Phil8352 View Post
The sphincters of Pepsi owners everywhere are tightly puckered as they wait for their bezels to crack after the reference has been discontinued and RSCs have depleted their supply of replacements.

High anxiety.

Beware of those door jambs!
As the owner of a vintage collection this is honestly kind of a great thing.
Old 1 April 2024, 01:10 AM   #50
Steele
"TRF" Member

I hope this helps explain, I purchased it because I wanted it for a long while now. It’s my 5th pepsi
I own (2) 6542s (1)16710 (1) Pepsi meteorite (1)126710BLRO *there is a (1) 16710 Coke also here bottom far right
Missing a 1675 and a SARU to complete the line, not feeling the WG blue dial Pepsi

I was chasing the deal and not the watch and being a cheap a$$ instead of just pulling the trigger.

***SOTC GMT/SUB’s taken a few months back I will update this when I get back in town
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg 3542A632-230D-4EF3-B737-FA5C1F41D95C.jpeg (246.3 KB, 422 views)
Old 1 April 2024, 01:20 AM   #51
Bazil
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Nicknames �
Good Lord !
That is some collection there ..

Some people cause happiness wherever they go ; and others whenever they go ..
Bazil is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2024, 01:30 AM   #52
John Ryan
"TRF" Member

Congratulations! Recently purchased one too. Has long been my most sought after piece. I’m glad I have one now. Considering multiple ADs could not come through on a DJ36, one with previous jewelry spend over time, I was happy to pay the market rate and have it in hand today, regardless of what happens tomorrow. Done with the silly games.
John Ryan is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2024, 01:58 AM   #53
Besttime
2024 Pledge Member

Great addition to your collections! wear it in good health.
Besttime is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2024, 03:30 AM   #54
Hamababo
"TRF" Member

Been waiting. Hope this isn't true!
Hamababo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2024, 03:34 AM   #55
Travis29
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LV / BLNR
No right or wrong answer here. Pay to get it now and skip the lines.

In a few week Pepsi prices are going to plummet.
Travis29 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2024, 04:16 AM   #56
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Travis29 View Post
No right or wrong answer here. Pay to get it now and skip the lines.

In a few week Pepsi prices are going to plummet.
Like plummet to what? I feel pretty confident that regardless what happens they are not falling below $20k in absolute worst case and more than likely will be higher than that for NIB. The entire SS GMT line is way too strong for more reasons than speculation.
Old 1 April 2024, 04:21 AM   #57
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Like plummet to what? I feel pretty confident that regardless what happens they are not falling below $20k in absolute worst case and more than likely will be higher than that for NIB.
They aren’t going back to retail pricing any time soon, that’s for sure
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2024, 04:28 AM   #58
krooj
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:
The people that buy this plot have never seen anything complex manufactured. Two colours of dye in a piece of ceramic... if you honestly believe a manufacturer cannot reliably do this, you shouldn't be buying ANYTHING from them. The current aftermarket pricing on both stainless variants of the GMT II are nonsense and my bet is that lots of folks will be left salty when prices come back to earth. It's a stainless steel, mass manufactured watch, and if one is seriously willing to pay $20k+ for one, they should really start looking at precious metal models from JLC or second hand VC for something really special.
krooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 April 2024, 04:33 AM   #59
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by brandrea View Post
They aren’t going back to retail pricing any time soon, that’s for sure
Absolutely. Remember when the rumors about the discontinuation of the Hulk were rampant for 3-4 years before it was discontinued?? Each year right after we learned it wasn’t being discontinued, the street prices didn’t fall. In fact, the prices maintained and still rose over that 3 year period. The market gets use to a particular watch’s value and the “idea” of it being discontinued is enough to maintain its increasing asking price. The entire SS GMT line is in that trend now.
Old 1 April 2024, 04:34 AM   #60
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Absolutely. Remember when the rumors about the discontinuation of the Hulk were rampant for 3-4 years before it was discontinued?? Each year right after we learned it wasn’t being discontinued, the street prices didn’t fall. In fact, the prices maintained and still rose over that 3 year period.

Yes indeed and great example

brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote