The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 4 April 2024, 11:41 AM   #91
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by bumblebudoy View Post
Here are the few pics of the old watch that I have. Should I now post pics of the new watch as well?

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Something is off on that watch, bezel looks fake and dial looks off.
dnd2984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2024, 11:44 AM   #92
dnd2984
2024 Pledge Member

When you get it authenticated please have them open case back and take a picture. How well do you know the dealer you bought from?
dnd2984 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2024, 12:05 PM   #93
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Thank you all for the kind words. I’m going to have it serviced today at the local RSC. I’ll update here as soon as I hear from them. Hopefully it won’t raise alarms at RSC.

The seller is one of the “most trusted” dealers here. It has several good refs online. Even has a physical store in a mall, that’s why I really didn’t think of having the first watch authenticated at RSC. But yeah, good thing I saw the red color under UV light in IG.

bumblebudoy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2024, 12:10 PM   #94
sbrit88jr
2024 Pledge Member

Will be very interesting to see the outcome here, looks like a super clone to me, too bad Rolex can’t add a new security feature that’s easier to verify

sbrit88jr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2024, 12:50 PM   #95
EagleBear
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

This is a very concerning situation. I’ve read a few articles that even very experienced people have been duped out of a sick amount of money by counterfeits. You really don’t know these days purchasing second hand, whether it’s all original or parts swapped out with aftermarket ones that are damn near identical to original.
Or the other way around right? Just read a post on here the other day of a member taking his watch to RSC about a clasp and they couldn’t verify if it was original or not. Crazy right? Anyway best of luck to you finding out the facts. RSC is the best route no doubt.
Here are a couple pics of my BLRO from 2021, best pics I have to show details.
EagleBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2024, 03:59 PM   #96
ijoinedforthisthread
"TRF" Member

Hot tip... take your pepsi on your next appointment to the dentist, they have a high quality uv light that makes it very obvious. I just took mine in, it helps when the wife is a dentist :D
For the record, I got mine from trusted local grey dealer and no issues.
ijoinedforthisthread is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2024, 05:09 PM   #97
mario1971
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex, ALS
I took an old device for checking the authenticity of banknotes from my friend at the cash register and quickly highlighted my Pepsi.
Old 4 April 2024, 05:31 PM   #98
direct707
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Quaress View Post

I wonder if it's the same for Batman, I couldn't find the video.

Me too. Waiting for answer.
direct707 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 April 2024, 10:51 PM   #99
fly4food84
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 116500LN
Even a half decent fake one turns red under UV light. That one is a bad replica. I'd get your money back and not do business with them at all.
fly4food84 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 01:50 AM   #100
moofur
"TRF" Member

Any update on this?
moofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 03:31 AM   #101
Watcher09
"TRF" Member

It's 1000% fake, I wore a Pepsi daily for many months, it looked straight off to me.

1) Also, the way that he lied that some pepsi's may not turn fully red under UV light is a huge red flag.

2) it's a bad fake. There's no way that they didnt know this.

He is selling fakes mostly, he could've given you now a real one just because you realized that's a fake and he wants no complications.

I'd go to the police.
Watcher09 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 03:34 AM   #102
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
Thank you all for the kind words. I’m going to have it serviced today at the local RSC. I’ll update here as soon as I hear from them. Hopefully it won’t raise alarms at RSC.

The seller is one of the “most trusted” dealers here. It has several good refs online. Even has a physical store in a mall, that’s why I really didn’t think of having the first watch authenticated at RSC. But yeah, good thing I saw the red color under UV light in IG.

By “here” I assume you mean local to you in Manila? Not here as in TRF.

jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 03:35 AM   #103
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by jb335 View Post
By “here” I assume you mean local to you in Manila? Not here as in TRF.

Yes, here in Manila. Dealer has quite a considerable following here that’s why I was initially confident.

Old 6 April 2024, 03:37 AM   #104
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watcher09 View Post
It's 1000% fake, I wore a Pepsi daily for many months, it looked straight off to me.

1) Also, the way that he lied that some pepsi's may not turn fully red under UV light is a huge red flag.

2) it's a bad fake. There's no way that they didnt know this.

He is selling fakes mostly, he could've given you now a real one just because you realized that's a fake and he wants no complications.

I'd go to the police.

Thanks. It’s really frustrating. And now I hope the replacement is in fact a genuine one. It’s still with RSC, they said they need 2 weeks to do initial assessment.

Old 6 April 2024, 03:43 AM   #105
jb335
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Cosmograph Daytona
Quote:
Yes, here in Manila. Dealer has quite a considerable following here that’s why I was initially confident.

Thanks for clarifying.

Wishing you the best outcome here.

jb335 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 07:52 AM   #106
stevestil
"TRF" Member

Rolex Pepsi UV Light

That second one looks off too…

Not sure why you’re so set on sending to RSC. If dealer sold me a fake watch I would be asking for a refund immediately and there is absolutely no way I would be buying another watch from them.

I don’t want to be mean, but multiple people told you to do get a refund and buy elsewhere and you insisted on buying from this dealer because he’s well known. Sorry to say, but if the second watch is fake as well, it’s your fault this time….

stevestil is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 09:50 AM   #107
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by stevestil View Post
That second one looks off too…

Not sure why you’re so set on sending to RSC. If dealer sold me a fake watch I would be asking for a refund immediately and there is absolutely no way I would be buying another watch from them.

I don’t want to be mean, but multiple people told you to do get a refund and buy elsewhere and you insisted on buying from this dealer because he’s well known. Sorry to say, but if the second watch is fake as well, it’s your fault this time….

And how will I definitively say that it’s fake to a well-known dealer who has “kindly exchanged” 3-months used Pepsi with a brand new one? Because you said so? Show him the thread? That’s why I’m so set on sending it to RSC. Good for you that you can spot a fake rolex easily to have it refunded. Unfortunately, I can’t. And since he’s a well-known dealer here who again has offered to either go to RSC together to have the first one checked or exchange it with another one and have it checked either way, I took the latter. And now I’m having it inspected.

Anyway, I know you’re just trying to help somehow, I think. So thanks.

Old 6 April 2024, 10:07 AM   #108
moofur
"TRF" Member

Quote:
And how will I definitively say that it’s fake to a well-known dealer who has “kindly exchanged” 3-months used Pepsi with a brand new one? Because you said so? Show him the thread? That’s why I’m so set on sending it to RSC. Good for you that you can spot a fake rolex easily to have it refunded. Unfortunately, I can’t. And since he’s a well-known dealer here who again has offered to either go to RSC together to have the first one checked or exchange it with another one and have it checked either way, I took the latter. And now I’m having it inspected.

I know what you’re saying and I’m not trying to give you a hard time but if he’s a well know dealer he would know about the UV light trick. They’re either being disingenuous or very unknowledgeable, neither of which are good.

And Rolex isn’t going to formally acknowledge the UV light thing.
moofur is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 10:53 AM   #109
krooj
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610LN
Quote:

The RSC fixation is really weird and unnecessary for spotting an outright fake. A simple removal of the caseback will tell you whether the balance is genuine - no replicas use a free-sprung assembly (yet). I'd be sending it to an RSC once we know we're dealing with a genuine movement, since you could still be looking at a frankenwatch, wherein someone dicked around to cobble together a legit-looking pepsi from a mix of genuine and replica parts.

The bezel thing could make this a frankenwatch - shady dealer swapping bezels and hands to a less desirable reference; FWIW, RSC will either refuse service or outright confiscate and destroy any non-factory parts: when I had my dad's '72 Oysterdate serviced in '17, they noted the bracelet wasn't original and mandated a correct replacement.
krooj is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 12:11 PM   #110
smugtech
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I compared OP's pepsi to @mario1971 's pepsi. The "G" seems way off.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg pepsi.jpg (103.1 KB, 415 views)
smugtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 10:53 PM   #111
stevestil
"TRF" Member

Rolex Pepsi UV Light

Quote:

My point is that any “well known dealer” does not sell fakes. They are more than capable of being able to tell a fake watch most times without even opening the back to check the movement but all well known dealers open the back anyways as an added step. I wouldn’t be dealing with any dealer no matter how well known they are if they sold me a fake watch… doesn’t make me feel comfortable. I would be VERY surprised if your dealer was unaware of what he was selling you. Seems to me like he tried to offload a fake watch that he may have gotten stuck with. In fact, I’m 99% sure that’s what happened, especially if he’s a well known dealer.

There are plenty of trustworthy dealers in the world who don’t have these issues and I would be spending my money with them…. I wouldn’t care if they “kindly”exchanged the watch, if they want to go to RSC with me, blah blah blah…. You are spending a HEAVY premium. You shouldn’t have to be wasting your time to make sure if the watch is authentic….. but Your money, your choice..

And yes- I was trying to help you.

Old 6 April 2024, 11:07 PM   #112
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
My point is that any “well known dealer” does not sell fakes. They are more than capable of being able to tell a fake watch most times without even opening the back to check the movement but all well known dealers open the back anyways as an added step. I wouldn’t be dealing with any dealer no matter how well known they are if they sold me a fake watch… doesn’t make me feel comfortable. I would be VERY surprised if your dealer was unaware of what he was selling you. Seems to me like he tried to offload a fake watch that he may have gotten burned on to someone who wouldn’t notice. In fact, I’m 99% sure that’s what happened, especially if he’s a well known dealer.

There are plenty of trustworthy dealers in the world who don’t have these issues and I would be spending my money with them…. Your money, your choice..

And yes- I was trying to help you.

Good for you that you know how to spot a fake watch immediately that you can refuse to deal with them at the onset, or the usual steps trusted dealers do as added guarantees. Shows you know a lot about these things. I didn’t. I’m new. This is just my 2nd rolex, 1st from a dealer. So like any ordinary guy, I just trusted the refs and good reviews the dealer has. And when he offered to exchange the watch and have it checked with RSC, I didn’t know that I can ask to dismantle the watch and check the movement. Again, I didn’t know. So like any ordinary guy, I took the 2nd watch and brought to RSC. Now I’m waiting for RSC’s verdict, because I don’t know any better on how to verify a fake watch.

Thanks for helping.

Old 6 April 2024, 11:25 PM   #113
stevestil
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Good for you that you know how to spot a fake watch immediately that you can refuse to deal with them at the onset, or the usual steps trusted dealers do as added guarantees. Shows you know a lot about these things. I didn’t. I’m new. This is just my 2nd rolex, 1st from a dealer. So like any ordinary guy, I just trusted the refs and good reviews the dealer has. And when he offered to exchange the watch and have it checked with RSC, I didn’t know that I can ask to dismantle the watch and check the movement. Again, I didn’t know. So like any ordinary guy, I took the 2nd watch and brought to RSC. Now I’m waiting for RSC’s verdict, because I don’t know any better on how to verify a fake watch.

Thanks for helping.

I understand, I am not judging you or criticizing you. I just don’t want you to get scammed and there are many ways to not get scammed.

Anyways, I hope all goes well with RSC. Please keep us posted

Old 6 April 2024, 11:27 PM   #114
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I understand, I am not judging you or criticizing you. I just don’t want you to get scammed and there are many ways to not get scammed.

Anyways, I hope all goes well with RSC. Please keep us posted

Thanks mate. I’ll keep everyone posted. Hopefully, it’ll turn out to be authentic and I don’t have to deal with the seller again.

Old 6 April 2024, 11:47 PM   #115
madsitalia
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer II 226570
Quote:
Thanks mate. I’ll keep everyone posted. Hopefully, it’ll turn out to be authentic and I don’t have to deal with the seller again.

Wishing you all the best.
madsitalia is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 April 2024, 11:48 PM   #116
SAP7
"TRF" Member

Million percent fake.
You won’t see that one again.
SAP7 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 04:35 AM   #117
Osmin
"TRF" Member

Keeps us informed. Very interesting.
Osmin is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2024, 01:04 PM   #118
bumblebudoy
"TRF" Member

Hi all.

Update: Just got a call from RSC. The watch is okay, all genuine. Nothing to service or replace, they said.

Thank you all for your replies, tips, advice. Looking forward to picking up the watch later today.

Old 11 April 2024, 01:09 PM   #119
EagleBear
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Quote:
Hi all.

Update: Just got a call from RSC. The watch is okay, all genuine. Nothing to service or replace, they said.

Thank you all for your replies, tips, advice. Looking forward to picking up the watch later today.

Good for you I’m sure you are able to breathe a bit better today right? Looking forward to a wrist shot when you pick it up.
EagleBear is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11 April 2024, 01:18 PM   #120
jfmiii
"TRF" Member

Watch: 16750/16800/126710
Quote:
Hi all.

It’s fake. Not sure what your angle is with this thread but it is a bad fake. Like glaringly bad.
jfmiii is offline   Reply With Quote