The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 13 May 2012, 01:03 AM   #11
dmlkw0102
"TRF" Member

Watch: Milgauss GV
Quote:
Originally Posted by dddrees View Post
Thanks for coming back and filling us in.

I tried on the 5167r just prior to getting my 5167. I thinks it's a great looking watch, real awesome piece, and I could very easily go for that as well.

I do think you might find the rubber is a good combination, at least it works real well for me, and I'm typically a big bracelet fan.

However one of the big attractions for me with the rubber is how well the rubber color goes with the dial on the watch. So for me taking the brown rubber strap and placing it on the 5167/1A I don't think would work that well for me.

However if you do decide to do it please post a PIC when you get it.
my pleasure! yeah i do love the warmth of the 5167r..rose gold goodness!!
yeah somehow the way the rubber matches the dial with the grooves and all, makes it such a killer combo, even more killer than the bracelet, i have to admit :bang head: if i were to get the brown, i hope my ad would have a brown rubber one in stock for me to try first before i pay for it, as the rubber costs S$340 over here!not cheap for a piece of rubber lol!

I've also been looking at leather straps to go with my 5167,though my concern is getting a pp leather strap buckle might be a tad difficult..
dmlkw0102 is offline   Reply With Quote