The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 5 May 2024, 03:40 AM   #31
Robb
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: BLNR
Loving mine. Easily one of the favorites in my collection

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 5 May 2024, 04:58 AM   #32
GBD
"TRF" Member

It's just a titanium watch, there's nothing particularly difficult about making it. Other brands have been pumping out grade 5 titanium watches for decades, no issues. This is 100% Rolex choosing to constrain supply.
GBD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 05:58 AM   #33
Oryx
"TRF" Member

I am a big fan and think it’s an awesome release. Production is extremely low in the UK and I understand that ADs aren’t even allocated one per year. Not sure how this stacks up versus the Le Mans but it must be one of the lowest volume serial production models in the current range.

The detailing on the titanium is very cool - bevelling and polishing. The weight and feel is completely different to any other Rolex. For me it’s a winner - hopefully they don’t produce it for too long so that it becomes a very iconic and special watch for collectors.
Oryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 08:36 AM   #34
Chacend
"TRF" Member

Great watch.
Chacend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2024, 08:09 AM   #35
eieio
"TRF" Member

so far, one owner posted on this thread that he has one.

that's rather unusual for any rolex model, right?
eieio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2024, 08:29 AM   #36
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
I don’t want one if that helps with your desirability calculations.
Kevin of Larchmont is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2024, 09:15 AM   #37
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Is the titanium Yachtmaster in demand or is it not well liked so it is in low demand?

I don’t find it appealing, aesthetically, at all. The light weight would bug me, too. Titanium is just not an attractive metal.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2024, 10:43 AM   #38
Wingman244
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
There seems to be a question on this thread - are these easy watches to get? DavidSW has one on his site for $41,575. So I would say, if David thinks he can get $41K for a $14K MSRP watch - they are hard to get. I would love to get one of these. I have a 7.5" wrist and think this would be the perfect diver, watersports watch... Love the Bi-Directional bezel.... Wow...

Can I just say this copy on the Rolex.com website made me LOL... "This functional bezel – which allows the wearer to calculate, for example, the sailing time between two buoys – is also a key component in the model’s distinctive visual identity." In all my years racing sailboats I don't think we ever timed our distance between buoys...

Still a great watch, if I could get one at retail, I would buy it in a second. At $42,000 - I might think of alternative watches.
Wingman244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2024, 01:01 AM   #39
The_Collector$
"TRF" Member

Just received my allocation a few weeks back. As stated, under the radar, light on the wrist, easy watch to wear daily. I personally like the 42MM as it sit's well on the wrist. Hope they continue to expand the use of Titanium.
The_Collector$ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2024, 02:04 AM   #40
Wingman244
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116500LN
Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Collector$ View Post
Just received my allocation a few weeks back. As stated, under the radar, light on the wrist, easy watch to wear daily. I personally like the 42MM as it sit's well on the wrist. Hope they continue to expand the use of Titanium.
The Yachtmaster is a cool use of Titanium. I think the Explorer II with a black or grey ceramic bezel in Titanium would be next level use of that material. That would be really cool.

Consistent with the E2 Marketing story - mountain climbers are famous for cutting off half the tooth brush to save a few grams.
Wingman244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2024, 02:57 AM   #41
eieio
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by The_Collector$ View Post
hi @The_Collector$:

when you said you just received your allocation, does that mean you run a store? or do you mean you have an "allocation" relationship with your AD?

thanks.
eieio is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2024, 03:35 AM   #42
status.six
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom9 View Post
This didn't seem a bad price, here in the UK (+fees): https://www.watchcollecting.com/for-...ht-master-42-1
I have to say they don’t photograph well! I’m the target for this watch, I love Ti but man, they seem to look rubbish in all the images I’ve seen.

I suspect this isn’t the case in person, something weird about the metal and the way it appears in photographs!
status.six is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2024, 04:16 AM   #43
dukie748
"TRF" Member

Imagine there are plenty of AD's who haven't even received a single one of these, mine hasn't.
dukie748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2024, 04:18 AM   #44
Oryx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dom9 View Post
This didn't seem a bad price, here in the UK (+fees): https://www.watchcollecting.com/for-...ht-master-42-1
Sold for around £29k after fees which is about right given that it has been worn and had a few marks on it.
Oryx is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 13 May 2024, 11:54 AM   #45
LTCAL94
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710 BLNR
Is the titanium Yachtmaster in demand or is it not well liked so it is in low demand?

Quote:
Originally Posted by dukie748 View Post
Imagine there are plenty of AD's who haven't even received a single one of these, mine hasn't.

I did not realize this was such a unicorn . I asked my AD about it thinking they had an exhibition available and they told me they still had not received one . I thought it would be an easier watch to get . Oh well .

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
126710BLNR- Rolex GMT Master II
Omega - Speedmaster "Moonwatch" Cal 861,Omega - Speedmaster X33 Skywalker
LTCAL94 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2024, 02:29 AM   #46
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Quote:
Originally Posted by MRBolton View Post
At the same time, have prices of other Yachtmaster's been buoyed by the YM Ti? Since its release, I think they've come down a little. Seems the rising tide didn't affect the other ships.
The YM in general is not very popular. You'd need a tsunami to lift YMs

To the OP, I think the YM Ti is a polarising reference. On one hand, you please those who wanted a less luxurious YM, more toolwatch orientated. On the other hand, you alienate those who apprreciate its Sub Deluxe identity. The YM keeps being a bedtest for new ideas. Let it take the hit if these ideas are not well received. If they are, then maybe let them trickle down to popular models. They're using the YM to gauge the market.
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2024, 03:02 AM   #47
RustyW
"TRF" Member

I would love it if they made a no date version like the prototype!
RustyW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2024, 06:04 AM   #48
JSol1
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by ArtNouveau View Post
So far it’s been a unicorn, very few delivered around the world. In general $25K watches have less demand than $10K watches so while demand might not be that high, the limited inventory released so far has the opposite effect.
Agree…I think there are so few of them available that’s it’s hard to judge at this point.
I’d love to try one on, but my AD only had one and it was gone before I got to see it. They’ll usually call me to see something they know I’d be interested in even if it’s spoken for. That’s how I got a chance to try the Unicorn Le Mans on. Fortunately a friend of mine bought it.
JSol1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2024, 06:28 AM   #49
dukie748
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyW View Post
Completely agree with this - no date would have been my preference, and without a 'cylops' it would have been the stealthiest Rolex in the catalog.

Still want one though!
dukie748 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2024, 12:29 PM   #50
GVAZQUEZ
"TRF" Member

Watch: KERMIT 16610LV
I tried one on last Saturday, not going to lie it’s very comfortable love the color, but I like titanium in general. Just wish it was a sub! Just something about YM’s, I have not jumped on that band wagon yet. Pics don’t do justice.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
GVAZQUEZ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 14 May 2024, 10:42 PM   #51
bluestreak
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RustyW View Post

This times 100. That being said, if my AD offers, I’m buying this.
bluestreak is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 15 May 2024, 02:26 AM   #52
sechsgang
"TRF" Member

They simply aren't being produced in high numbers at all, with most AD's getting MAYBE 1 so far...I dont think the overall demand is huge but with production, the demand is still multi times over the production and thats going to make it rather hard...
sechsgang is offline   Reply With Quote