The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Closed Thread

Old 5 October 2022, 06:35 AM   #91
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Outstanding and very well done
May you both enjoy the journey
Old 5 October 2022, 07:42 AM   #92
garyk
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by I377611 View Post
I am in Orange County, CA and looking to purchase a Rolex watch for my boyfriend. I went to the Rolex store in the South Coast mall but there wasn’t much available. As a result, I’ve been on these forums to get a better understanding of what Rolex watch I should buy and not get scammed in the process.

My boyfriend is 5ft 10in and weighs approximately 170lbs. He has an average wrist size and is very active. I was wondering if I should get him a Datejust, Explorer, or Submariner? Please let me know what you guys think.

Also, where can I get a Rolex watch at a good price but safe? There is Bob’s Watches in Newport beach which is relatively close to me. Does anyone have experiences with them?
A photo of the two of you might help...
Old 5 October 2022, 07:44 AM   #93
JRell
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610LN
Quote:
First and foremost, thank you all for your feedback!

I got dms from some of you with really insightful tips and personal referrals. One of which, recommended eBay for their Authenticity program which means they will verify the watch before sending it. Since this was a big purchase for me, I spent a good few months shopping around and eventually used an eBay coupon to purchase a Submariner date watch from Pure Watches!

This was my first time purchasing a watch so needless to say I needed a lot of hand holding (I'm sure I had too many questions and were borderline getting annoying haha) and the seller did just that from the start to end 🤩 I Honestly couldn't be happier in going with the authenticity program, I felt more comfortable and confident in purchasing used watches via eBay and I was ecstatic when the watch came just as pictured!

Here’s a picture of his badass new toy!!
Can't wait to surprise him this weekend for our anniversary <3

Thank you all again!!
Thanks a clean looking sub date you got, great job!
Old 5 October 2022, 09:32 AM   #94
I377611
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by garyk View Post
A photo of the two of you might help...
he's not really into taking pictures.. but managed to get this shot of us looking fairly decent at a friends wedding this year <3

i'm so excited for this weekend!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg bandv.jpg (70.7 KB, 325 views)
Old 5 October 2022, 10:05 AM   #95
fskywalker
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Is Ticking !
Quote:

I got dms from some of you with really insightful tips and personal referrals. One of which, recommended eBay for their Authenticity program which means they will verify the watch before sending it. Since this was a big purchase for me, I spent a good few months shopping around and eventually used an eBay coupon to purchase a Submariner date watch from Pure Watches!

This was my first time purchasing a watch so needless to say I needed a lot of hand holding (I'm sure I had too many questions and were borderline getting annoying haha) and the seller did just that from the start to end I Honestly couldn't be happier in going with the authenticity program, I felt more comfortable and confident in purchasing used watches via eBay and I was ecstatic when the watch came just as pictured!

Can't wait to surprise him this weekend for our anniversary &lt;3

Thank you all again!!

Congrats !!!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
Zenith 02.480.405
Henry Archer Eclipse

2FA security enabled
Old 5 October 2022, 10:19 AM   #96
Baiv
Banned

Watch: SubLV
On the Sub date train for his first Rolex
Old 5 October 2022, 11:08 AM   #97
johnorpheus
"TRF" Member

Watch: all of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by bp1000 View Post
Submariner Date is a very solid first choice. Especially if he's quite an active person.

If he likes to dress smart etc - maybe a datejust 41mm blue dial, oyster bracelet. Very versatile. Given you said he's active, he'd appreciate the tool watch nature of the sub. A real classic.

Explain your situation to the AD, you might be lucky to receive either suggestion within a year.
Agree with the DJ rec here, which is a great option
Old 5 October 2022, 11:11 AM   #98
johnorpheus
"TRF" Member

Watch: all of them
Quote:
Originally Posted by gwozhog View Post
I would not buy him a Rolex at all if he is only your boyfriend
Also good advice haha
Old 5 October 2022, 11:53 AM   #99
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnorpheus View Post
Agree with the DJ rec here, which is a great option
Quote:
Originally Posted by johnorpheus View Post
Also good advice haha
Bit late to the party J?

Good choice Viv and it looks good.

I'm sure your BF willl be very happy.

Old 5 October 2022, 01:26 PM   #100
ChugachEagle
"TRF" Member

Quote:

This was my first time purchasing a watch so needless to say I needed a lot of hand holding (I'm sure I had too many questions and were borderline getting annoying haha) and the seller did just that from the start to end 🤩 I Honestly couldn't be happier in going with the authenticity program, I felt more comfortable and confident in purchasing used watches via eBay and I was ecstatic when the watch came just as pictured!

Thank you all again!!
You are incredibly thoughtful and generous. Good luck!
Old 5 October 2022, 02:46 PM   #101
Doood
"TRF" Member

Wow that is an awesome gift. All I received was an electric shaver. Your boyfriend is so lucky. Do you have any sisters? LOL.
Old 5 October 2022, 06:55 PM   #102
Number3
"TRF" Member

Watch: 114060LB
Wow! Lucky guy.

That is an incredibly thoughtful gift - he is going to absolutely love it. Make sure you come back and let us know how it went.
Old 5 October 2022, 06:59 PM   #103
SLWoodster
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT BLNR
PM me and I can help you get an intro at southcoast to Datejust 41, Explorer 1, and possibly sub no date. However I do not know the exact wait time. If you need it by a certain date soon, then probably best to go grey. I'd also recommend the OP41. I prefer the OP41 over the DJ41, Explorer 1, and the no date sub.

NM you already got it, great choice. Very sweet of you.
Old 5 October 2022, 07:06 PM   #104
joa
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr Ben View Post
Lucky man!

My girlfriend can’t understand why I’m looking at her across the room in a slightly disappointed way. ��
well... who knows what's up with OPs relationship with her BF... we don't know the backstory)

plus, i sincerely think that buying crazy expensive gifts for the other gender is a male prerogative :)
Old 6 October 2022, 07:00 AM   #105
Lesnerelli23
"TRF" Member

Another SubDate or Explorer vote.

If you look at both you could probably get a good idea which is more suited to him. You for sure can’t go wrong with either and both take will anything you throw at them!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 6 October 2022, 11:05 PM   #106
joejoe1225
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEX
Sub - Can’t go wrong.

Old 7 October 2022, 01:51 AM   #107
REQUIEMnJADED4U
"TRF" Member

Watch: Sub-C Date, Pepsi
Great first Rolex and an even greater girlfriend! Congrats to both of you your anniversary and I hope he enjoys the new watch in good health!
Old 7 October 2022, 02:02 AM   #108
BayouBengal1865
"TRF" Member

Watch: JC Deep Sea
Any Sub..

Old 7 October 2022, 02:20 AM   #109
time_and_cars
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I am in Orange County, CA and looking to purchase a Rolex watch for my boyfriend. I went to the Rolex store in the South Coast mall but there wasn’t much available. As a result, I’ve been on these forums to get a better understanding of what Rolex watch I should buy and not get scammed in the process.

My boyfriend is 5ft 10in and weighs approximately 170lbs. He has an average wrist size and is very active. I was wondering if I should get him a Datejust, Explorer, or Submariner? Please let me know what you guys think.

Also, where can I get a Rolex watch at a good price but safe? There is Bob’s Watches in Newport beach which is relatively close to me. Does anyone have experiences with them?

Based on this post I feel the “boyfriend” is the same person that is writing this post trying to get a good will member to get the sub at retail almost ….. IMO
Rolex Daytona 126500LN/Rolex 126710BLRO/Rolex 126720VTNR/Rolex 126710BLNR/Rolex Oyster 126000/Breitling B01 CHRONOGRAPH 43 CURTISS WARHAWK/Omega“SILVER SNOOPY AWARD” 50TH ANNIVERSARY/Some Swatch x omega x blancpain
Old 7 October 2022, 02:32 AM   #110
Pop Art Suzy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Datejust
Quote:

Thank you all again!!
I also purchased my Rolex with Pure Watches on eBay. I've been very happy with my purchase and dealing with PW. They're wonderful and I hope your boyfriend loves his new watch. Congratulations!
Old 7 October 2022, 03:04 AM   #111
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
What a handsome couple, you clean up well.

Despite the constant inventory bickering, it's so awesome when a group of watch enthusiasts comes together to provide beneficial feedback to a neophyte looking for guidance on a important purchase.

My advice would have been to let him put a ring on that finger first...lol.

At worst, I hope your card said...."your turn".

Beautiful sub BTW. Well done!
Old 7 October 2022, 05:08 AM   #112
MichelleP
"TRF" Member

Watch: DD 40RG Olive dial
Quote:

Thank you all again!!
Great gift. I am sure was extremely happy with the Sub. Post some wrist pics when you get a chance
Old 7 October 2022, 06:56 AM   #113
Trailboss516
"TRF" Member

Watch: It's complicated
Congrats to you both.
Old 7 October 2022, 06:57 AM   #114
Rick_Nashville
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
First and foremost, thank you all for your feedback! Here’s a picture of his badass new toy!! Can't wait to surprise him this weekend for our anniversary. Thank you all again!!
Great find. It looks fantastic. There isn't a person on this forum who wouldn't be ecstatic with that watch. I found a 16610 in 2021. I've been a fan of Rolex since 2004, although I never owned a 16610 until this past previous summer. I went with a Sea Dweller in 2005, and a pre-owned Sub non-date in 2016, but I never had a 5-digit Sub Date until 2021. I can't even begin to tell you how fantastically satisfying it is. I guarantee that he will love it! Congrats again.
Old 29 April 2024, 11:24 AM   #115
Time2Travel
"TRF" Member

Watch: Submariner
S/S Submariner - looks good with jeans, khakis or suit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Old 29 April 2024, 11:32 AM   #116
huncho
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Time2Travel View Post
S/S Submariner - looks good with jeans, khakis or suit.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
2 year old thread, how do you even go about doing this
Old 2 May 2024, 11:06 AM   #117
EEpro
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by huncho View Post
2 year old thread, how do you even go about doing this

Time travel is in his name
Closed Thread