The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 4 February 2024, 07:54 AM   #1
jukey
"TRF" Member

Watch: Datejust 116234
Can this bezel be repaired?

This is my Datejust. There are lots of scratches but the bezel has some somewhat deeper damage to it (please see pics).

The London RSC has recommended replacing with new bezel at a cost of £1350. The watch is currently given to them for a service but not yet started pending my decision to proceed with the extra work of bezel replacement. (Other suggested options were sapphire glass replacement £116 and 6-link assembly replacement £340)

Unfortunately I did not get time to visit the Watch Polisher before handing the watch to RSC but he seems to do miraculous work even with fluted bezels.

I'm tempted just to ask RSC to just do the service and the less expensive optional work and maybe ask Watch Polisher to take a look, but I am afraid that I will be charged more by RSC if I came back to them for bezel replacement only, if it can't be repaired. Any thoughts or advice would be welcome!
Attached Images
File Type: jpeg IMG_5583.jpeg (201.9 KB, 751 views)
File Type: jpeg IMG_5582.jpeg (254.3 KB, 748 views)
jukey is offline   Reply With Quote