The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Panerai Discussion Forum

Old 4 May 2024, 01:00 AM   #1
elaow11
"TRF" Member

Is jomashop ok to buy from?

Hello,
I have a base logo 1084 that I bought 2 years ago that really doesn’t get much wrist time. I saw the Pam 2683, tried it on and I love it. I will wear it daily to work.
My local dealer offered me 3,500 as a trade which puts me at about 7k and some change. (Retails for over 10k)
I found a new one on jomashop site and got a trade evaluation from them(still need to send it for full appraisal) for about 3k. The jomashop watch is 8.200 before trade.

I know they have a 2 year warranty from them but I’m just making sure there isn’t something major I’m missing.
Thank you!

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
elaow11 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 May 2024, 03:18 AM   #2
TheVision
"TRF" Member

They are grey market sellers so obviously, ya can't take the watch to a local Panerai AD nor register the watch on their website (ya won't get any warranty card other than their inhouse piece of paper that says warranty is thru Jomah).

Which basically means, if something goes wrong, ya have to send the watch back to Jomah and they use a 3rd party repair company and then will send the watch back to ya.

I've bought plethora of Tags/Hamiltons from them over the years and did use their repair one time on my Aquaracer but it was a gruelling experience. I sent the watch back..they sat on it for a while...more emails/calls to them..finally they sent it to 3rd party..fixed and mailed back to me. I noticed the return address was from some repair shop in Los Angeles (this is like 10 years ago). The repair took almost 2 months. I ended up selling the watch for cheap afterwards.

Personally, for higher purchases, I stick to box/papers from the forum sponsors here. I just bought a Bi tempo gmt from a reseller and warranty is registered on Panerai website till 2028. Plus I have a Pam AD 90 mins drive from my house who also handle repairs, etc.

Or keep searching on WatchRecon to see if your model comes up for sale with box/papers etc. When it comes to Omega/Rolex/Pam, I'd rather get box/paper deal than grey market but thats just me.
Old 5 May 2024, 01:53 PM   #3
John Deaux
"TRF" Member

I've purchased a couple of Omegas from them. Both transactions were perfect. As long as you know what you are getting (warranty, papers, etc) then there is no issue (at least from my experiences).
John Deaux is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2024, 02:04 AM   #4
emtee
"TRF" Member

You should be able to get pretty much any PAM from a decent grey dealer for about 20% off retail including full warranty/papers in your name.
emtee is offline   Reply With Quote