The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 8 April 2024, 06:12 AM   #39
tony_leotardo_jr
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Watchdog View Post
You are going to get so many opinions about this. Women wear many that look too big to some, and men wear many that look too small to some (and vice-versa). Some hate bracelets that squeeze into the wrists so tightly that the skin (fat?) puffs out until it appears swollen while others dangle like stockbrokers from the 80s.

It really isn’t the size of the wrist as much as the shape, no matter what the round-wristers claim. Truth is the flat wrists are a bit more versatile and even larger watches can wear well. Your size is objectively (my objectively as much as possible and based on years on this forum) looks pretty good. Would I go larger? Probably not, but this looks fantastic on you.

And if others don’t like it and you do, then who gives a rat’s ass about people you don't know at all, people—frankly—you might think are nuts in real life and dismiss the opinions of faster than it takes an AD to laugh and say “No GMT Pepsi for you.”
+1

Very well said, and I agree with this. There’s a lot of discourse on this topic in the forums and now also Reddit, with everyone saying the trend of ‘big watches’ is a trend that should go away, etc.

It’s hard to objectively define what a ‘big watch’ is - there’s some that are just huge, but there’s a subsect which are probably borderline. To your point it’s very subjective
tony_leotardo_jr is offline   Reply With Quote