The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 11 January 2024, 04:44 AM   #1
NYG1121
"TRF" Member

Help me pick a wedding watch

9 months to go until the big day! Have had my share of amazing references through the years from all the big brands. Some have stayed, some have gone. But this one will have to stay FOREVER. This commitment may be harder than the marriage itself!

Budget ~60k or less

Options that are on my current list

1. 15202/16202st: Jumbo has always has been the watch that got me into AP, well before the hype. Had my fair share of everything since from 37mm ones to 41mm ones and the 38mm chrono stuck around the longest for 2 years. Gave up on AP for the past year + as the boutique model put a sour taste in my mouth but still be looking for the perfect 39mm. Could this be the time to do it as market prices are down?

2. Day Date 40 in platinum: Have had many day dates, such a staple and "feels" like a forever wedding watch. Now with the fluted bezel so may be the best version yet. Would probably go with the romans.

3. Lange 1: Own and adore the 1815 chrono. Love Lange and always wanted a L1. Definitely timeless and would prefer this in pink gold. Undecided on moon phase vs not.. might prefer the clean look without it.

4. VC OS 4500v in pink gold: Had the steel one for a while, didn't really get along with it but I have heard they now have a thinner case and a new bracelet taper.. things that were bothering me before. The dial is to die for and the strap changing is so much fun. Worth another look?

More to come.. As you know with watches, have to decide well in advance and it will then have to sit in the safe for 9 months. Not sure I can handle that but will give it my best