The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > General Topics > Open Discussion Forum

Old 3 July 2005, 10:59 PM   #1
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Phone Robots

I tried recently to contact my car insurer, to get a temporary extra driver added for a trip to Scotland, where I would like to share the driving. I spent SIXTEEN minutes being subjected to some Tinny trashy trivial tune interspersed by a treacly voiced "Robot" woman who kept telling me. "Please hold the line, your call is very important to us. One of our advisers will be with you shortly".If the call is that important employ more real people.Do these damned companies think that just because the female robot has a "please come and sh#g me immediately" voice, that the customers will be pacified?!! I think not,press button 1 you have 5 options,press button 3 to listen to these options again then it goes on and on
I suppose the only compensation is that I didn't end up speaking to someone in Bangalore with such a strong accent I could barely understand what they were saying.Don't you just hate, these automated call useless infuriating call centres.

Last edited by padi56; 3 July 2005 at 11:47 PM..
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2005, 12:48 AM   #2
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona 116520
I don't know what has happened to the personal service you used to get. It costs more now in telephone bills listening to "lift music" that's elevator to our American cousins. Thankfully I am still insured with a local broker and I can go and speak face to face with someone about my car insurance. With my bike it's a pain in the but. I'm sure the discounts you get on your premium are wiped out by the telephone bills that are incurred waiting to speak to someone.
Uncle-AJ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 July 2005, 01:00 AM   #3
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

You are 100% correct Adrian service now especially in the UK.is a disgrace.Sky TV is one of the worst,I have come across.After about 5 different options,when you think you will finally talk to a real person.Phone starts to rings,then the fecking robot woman butts in to tell you your call is in a queue and the waiting time approx 12 Min's.

Last edited by padi56; 4 July 2005 at 01:09 AM..
Old 4 July 2005, 01:05 AM   #4
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

I reckon it's a con and all these numbers are pre paid lines and all the revenue from them goes to the company you are calling. Being overseas most of the time can be a nightmare. Many a time I try to contact people by email and get nowhere, even snail mail hardly gets a reply. Padi, why did you bring up this subject? It's got me all hot under the collar.
Old 4 July 2005, 01:13 AM   #5
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Its one of my pet hates too,and all these phone calls now mostly from India
wanting you to change to Tele T or something else.
Old 4 July 2005, 11:12 AM   #6
dman
Lifetime TRF Patron

Watch: the road
This is one of my biggest pet peeves EVER!! I hate answering the phone and it is a computer. I hate waiting and listening to the computer that you speak of, if there is not a person that I can talk too, I don't want that F'in computer!
dman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2005, 01:09 AM   #7
Rockrolex
TRF Moderator & 2024 DATE-JUST41 Patron

Watch: What do you think?
When I started to read this thread, I thought, OMG, Padi, you do have awful luck with service providers. Then I started to think about my own experiences, and I have to agree with you completely. I have had too many experiences with "Your call is very important to us" robots, only to end up with some heavily accented Bangalorean who I can barely understand one word out of five. The last one, a service tech for my ISP, tried to sell me a wireless router to cure the problem I had, which would only increase my monthly fee by "nine point ninety five". When I tried to tell her that I didn't want to spend another $10 a month on my service, she kept repeating (robot-like) that it would only be "nine point ninety five" per month extra. She could not grasp the concept that 10 was 9.95 rounded up. AAAARRRRGGGHHHH!!!

Tosser Cabinet Member

Official Member: 'Perpetual 30' Vegas International GTG 2016
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2017
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2018
Official Member "WIS-CON" Las Vegas International GTG 2019
Rockrolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 July 2005, 02:22 AM   #8
Uncle-AJ
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by padi56
Its one of my pet hates too,and all these phone calls now mostly from India
wanting you to change to Tele T or something else.
Pleas stay on the line one of our operators will be with you shortly. We know you are waiting and could not give a toss.
Old 5 July 2005, 03:41 AM   #9
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Too bloody true Adrian