The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex WatchTech

Old 30 April 2016, 05:26 AM   #1
mementomori1983
"TRF" Member

Recommend A Watchmaker in NorCal for Rolex Service

Hello all,

I'm in Northern California and my 8-year old 14060m is due for service. I'm researching watchmakers for a routine service (cleaning, overhaul, new crystal, no polishing). I've heard about the highly-recommended watchmakers on this forum, but they're a ways from me and I'm not too keen on shipping the watch for the service or if any warranty issues arise.

This narrows down my list to local watchmakers. RCS San Francisco quoted me a price that's a bit too high for my tastes. Can anyone recommend me a local watchmaker with a Rolex parts account? The deciding factors would be turnaround time, price, and accessibility of the watchmaker.

One of the shops I'm considering is Time Honored in Stockton, run by watchmaker Douglas Siu, which is about an hour from me. They have a Rolex parts account. However, I don't see any references on here and the Yelp reviews are a bit sparse. Has anyone had any experience working with them?

Any advice would be appreciated!
mementomori1983 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2016, 05:37 AM   #2
BNA/LION
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: ROLEX
I Always recommend Tom at D's Time Service in San Diego, CA... He is Great and Gives TRF Members 10% Discount on Complete Service!

http://www.dstimeservice.com/

✦ 28238 President DD 18K/YG ✦ 16610LN SS Sub ✦ 16613 18K/SS Serti ✦ 16550 Exp II Non-Rail Cream Dial ✦ Daytona C 116500 ✦ 126710 BLRO GMT-Master II ✦ NEXT-->?
Hole In One! 10/3/19 DMCC 5th hole, par 3, 168 yards w/ 4-Iron.
BNA/LION is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2016, 11:50 AM   #3
sheldonsmith
2024 Pledge Member

Joe at SwissLever. http://www.swisslever.com. He's my go-to guy for Rolex service. He's located on the Calif Central Coast, is an AWCI CW21 with a Rolex parts account (and used to work Rolex Beverly prior to when the recession closed that particular RSC) and genuinely nice guy.

You can ship to him, or just make the drive down here and catch some wine tasting along the way...

-Sheldon
Old 1 May 2016, 10:01 PM   #4
mailman
TRF Moderator & DATE-JUST41 2024 Patron

Watch: 126610LN
I'd recommend Vanessa. She's in SO CAL but she's great. She's also a member here;

http://www.rolexforums.com/member.php?u=5731
Old 5 May 2016, 01:59 PM   #5
MikeMc
"TRF" Member

Watch: own 18 watches
We are an authorized Rolex dealer and have a Rolex trained watchmaker on staff. He is also a CMW21 watchmaker. We are in Eugene, Oregon. We are less than Rolex service center. We usually refinish outside as well, but if you prefer not to have the watch polished, that can be accommodated.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
MikeMc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 May 2016, 03:07 PM   #6
Brian HCM#1
"TRF" Member

I had Davidson & Licht in Walnut Creek service my Day Date and they did my brothers Yacht Master. They use all original Rolex parts.
Brian HCM#1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 May 2016, 04:21 PM   #7
clb521
"TRF" Member

I've dealt with Doug a long time ago and he was really cool and very nice. He services my Rolex with no problem. Very honest. If you plan on visiting him you better check his hours cause i think they are very limited on when hes open.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk
clb521 is offline   Reply With Quote