The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 8 March 2022, 06:52 AM   #31
Cru Jones
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Many congrats. Such a nice release.

Thanks for the write up.
Cru Jones is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 10:03 AM   #32
youthagainsttt
"TRF" Member

Watch: Piaget,Rolex,AP,HB
I just tried these 2 watches yesterday, does anyone know what's the main difference between the normal rotor iterations and micro rotor? Apart from the obvious

First impressions, very nice but a bit pricey compared to what else is out there on the market. Nearing the RRP for AP royal oak and much more expensive than Piaget Polo S, Bulgari Octo Fin, Cartier de Santos
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Resizer_16466975592710.jpg (270.3 KB, 760 views)
youthagainsttt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 10:10 AM   #33
cfree011
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by youthagainsttt View Post
I just tried these 2 watches yesterday, does anyone know what's the main difference between the normal rotor iterations and micro rotor? Apart from the obvious

First impressions, very nice but a bit pricey compared to what else is out there on the market. Nearing the RRP for AP royal oak and much more expensive than Piaget Polo S, Bulgari Octo Fin, Cartier de Santos
I believe you can get both of these around mid-teens on Chrono24 or eBay.

Sent from my IN2017 using Tapatalk
cfree011 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2022, 10:37 PM   #34
flyguy33
"TRF" Member

One of the things I’ve noticed while wearing this watch for a couple of months now is that you don’t really need a seconds hand to know/check if the watch is keeping good time. If you have a consistent reference point just the location of the minute hand between two indices tells me what part of the minute we are in and I can easily set it accurately by starting the movement when my reference seconds is at 12.

I thought I would share since that seems to be a common question/concern with the PF
flyguy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 27 April 2022, 11:08 PM   #35
JR16
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy33 View Post
One of the things I’ve noticed while wearing this watch for a couple of months now is that you don’t really need a seconds hand to know/check if the watch is keeping good time. If you have a consistent reference point just the location of the minute hand between two indices tells me what part of the minute we are in and I can easily set it accurately by starting the movement when my reference seconds is at 12.

I thought I would share since that seems to be a common question/concern with the PF

I think it’s just a personal thing - I find the absence of a second hand to be unsettling.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk Pro
JR16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2022, 02:40 PM   #36
buggravy
"TRF" Member

I feel like I'm coming in the side door to this forum with my first post being about a different brand (like the rest of the world, I'm on "the registry"), but I recently (like yesterday) picked one of these up and am smitten. I've spent a lot of time recently wearing a Panerai with a non-hacking movement that makes my brain hurt, so the absence of a seconds hand actually feels like a bit of a respite.
buggravy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2022, 10:04 PM   #37
smg8
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by buggravy View Post
I feel like I'm coming in the side door to this forum with my first post being about a different brand (like the rest of the world, I'm on "the registry"), but I recently (like yesterday) picked one of these up and am smitten. I've spent a lot of time recently wearing a Panerai with a non-hacking movement that makes my brain hurt, so the absence of a seconds hand actually feels like a bit of a respite.

Congrats and welcome, do you have any pictures? Hoping to join the Parmigiani Fleurier club soon with a Tonda GT, all being well.
smg8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2022, 11:39 PM   #38
buggravy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by smg8 View Post
Congrats and welcome, do you have any pictures? Hoping to join the Parmigiani Fleurier club soon with a Tonda GT, all being well.
Thanks! I do, but as a new member the pic posting situation is a bit confounding. Too big to attach, and I wasn't able to post using Imgur as I don't have 10 posts and the forum wouldn't accept the link.
Old 30 April 2022, 02:47 AM   #39
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Welcome aboard. This is the best part of the forum anyway. Haven't visited the Rolex/tudor section in years.

instagram.com/ct_watch_guy
_speedmaster_ is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2022, 04:21 AM   #40
smg8
Banned

I hope the question isn’t frowned upon, but did those who own PFs here pay full retail or are there discounts to be had?
Old 30 April 2022, 05:35 AM   #41
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
I hope the question isn’t frowned upon, but did those who own PFs here pay full retail or are there discounts to be had?
Used to be but the places that I've contacted are now full MSRP. Complicated ones like Chrono or annual calendar, or PM models can push for a small discount. If you have a prior relationship with the dealer prob could do better too, but no one I've heard has stock of the microrotor steel
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2022, 10:44 AM   #42
rag5178
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by dchang81 View Post
Used to be but the places that I've contacted are now full MSRP. Complicated ones like Chrono or annual calendar, or PM models can push for a small discount. If you have a prior relationship with the dealer prob could do better too, but no one I've heard has stock of the microrotor steel
That was my experience as well. It was hard enough to find an AD with less than a one year wait list.
rag5178 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2022, 01:37 PM   #43
buggravy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I paid full retail, though I did receive what I felt was quite a favorable valuation on a piece that I traded in. It didn't feel worth it to me to ask for a discount under the circumstance.
Old 30 April 2022, 07:18 PM   #44
smg8
Banned

Thanks all, very helpful.

I have a Tonda GT on hold for me, they’ll only keep it another week before I have to decide. I wanted to try a Tondagraph GT before deciding between the 2 but haven’t been able to find a single one in the UK to try ��

As such looking like the Tonda GT may be getting bought, but going to give it a couple more days of trying
Old 30 April 2022, 10:54 PM   #45
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
When I started hunting for my PF micro steel in February I called most of the US dealers and only one had it in stock. All shut down any notion of a discount. I paid msrp.
Old 1 May 2022, 12:11 AM   #46
flyguy33
"TRF" Member

I placed my order in January and received a modest discount. When the watch came it I was told there were no more discounts and that wait times were going up.
flyguy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2022, 02:53 PM   #47
buggravy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks! I do, but as a new member the pic posting situation is a bit confounding. Too big to attach, and I wasn't able to post using Imgur as I don't have 10 posts and the forum wouldn't accept the link.
I guess this resizing thing isn't so hard after all.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_9893.jpg (284.7 KB, 519 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_9897 copy.jpg (231.0 KB, 517 views)
Old 1 May 2022, 07:31 PM   #48
smg8
Banned

Congrats, looks great!
Old 1 May 2022, 07:32 PM   #49
smg8
Banned

Thank you GB Man and Fly guy, will have zero expectations of any discount in this case!
Old 2 May 2022, 12:44 AM   #50
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Thank you GB Man and Fly guy, will have zero expectations of any discount in this case!

Doesn’t hurt to ask unless you have a long term relationship with said AD and are seeking other pieces. Also I was doing the hunting before WW3 kicked off so the market has definitely cooled off. I just doubt that has translated to such a low production piece as this…for now.
Old 3 May 2022, 07:07 AM   #51
wsrobert
"TRF" Member

I'd really love to be able to post a wrist shot of my Tonda PF - but despite being a long time lurker, I still do not have enough posts to be able to do so. Will circle back when I do.

In short, it's the most comfortable, easy wearing watch I've ever owned. A real joy.
wsrobert is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 May 2022, 07:29 AM   #52
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

I'm liking this more and more. Need to see one in person.

Old 3 May 2022, 11:41 AM   #53
wsrobert
"TRF" Member

Judging by the watch brands in your signature, I’d bet you’d properly enjoy this. But might be hard to find one to check out. As detailed here and as I’ve also heard, they’re a year out on the steel, micro rotor specifically.
Old 3 May 2022, 12:10 PM   #54
wsrobert
"TRF" Member

Let me try to post a pic now. :)
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_2200.jpg (277.3 KB, 472 views)
Old 3 May 2022, 12:39 PM   #55
_speedmaster_
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by wsrobert View Post
Judging by the watch brands in your signature, I’d bet you’d properly enjoy this. But might be hard to find one to check out. As detailed here and as I’ve also heard, they’re a year out on the steel, micro rotor specifically.
I typically hate buying things without seeing them, but such is the world we live in now. I'm patient though and have no problem waiting. This is definitely one of the nicest bracelet watches on the market and I'm glad it's getting its moment in the sun. I'm glad you are enjoying yours and you can finally post pics, welcome to the forum.

Old 4 May 2022, 04:41 AM   #56
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Old 5 May 2022, 08:58 PM   #57
smg8
Banned

Thanks for the advice on this thread and others guys, should be picking up a Tonda GT tomorrow!
Old 5 May 2022, 11:01 PM   #58
buggravy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Thanks for the advice on this thread and others guys, should be picking up a Tonda GT tomorrow!
Congrats! I look forward to seeing pics.
Old 6 May 2022, 02:08 AM   #59
LVx2
Banned

Quote:
Cool, waiting for some pics :)
LVx2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 May 2022, 10:30 PM   #60
Watchristic
"TRF" Member

Here she is

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Watchristic is offline   Reply With Quote