The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 25 April 2024, 08:33 PM   #31
Offshore
"TRF" Member

People have really different experiences with rolex.

When I was looking to buy in 2022, I had a list of various quite similar rolex watches. The first AD I approached registered my preferences and said there would be a wait but inferred I would be able to purchase a PM skydweller on oysterflex in very short order. They had it in the shop and I'm pretty sure I could have walked out with it. Anyway, I declined as it was not what I wanted.

The second AD I approached came through with my number 1 preference with them within a couple of months (226570 white). Shortly after I was offered the same in black by another AD I had registered with.

Pretty much everything I expressed an interest in has been offered to me within a reasonable time. Even though I say I'm not interested in buying right now - their response is can we keep you on this list!

Most recent contact - the watch I was offered I turned down. The only thing expression of interest I had left from this AD (after the watch I turned down) was a pepsi. I said there was little point in retaining interest in the pepsi as it a popular watch and I have no relationship at all with the dealer. They insisted I stay on the list and said a call would come through eventually!

I have no purchase history with any rolex dealer other than the single watch I have.
Offshore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2024, 11:10 PM   #32
golfnpizza
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thenewrick View Post
There are several grey vendors on here who support the site and are in turn supported.

Some people want to order something immediately and don't want to wait.

Some aren't liked by their AD's so they don't get any allocations.

I buy Grey for vintage only. Buying used, at a premium, for a currently produced model seems nuts to me. But that's the free market and I'm cool with it!
Can you send me the list of vendors? I could not find it.

Thanks
golfnpizza is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2024, 11:12 PM   #33
ErichKeane
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by golfnpizza View Post
Can you send me the list of vendors? I could not find it.

Thanks
See the ads at the bottom of the forum. Also: https://www.rolexforums.com/forumdisplay.php?f=52
ErichKeane is offline   Reply With Quote