The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 24 April 2024, 04:50 AM   #1
cjmaud
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP 15510SST
26420CE Blue to compliment 26420SO Smoked taupe

I recently purchased the 26420SO smoked taupe dial to pair with my 15510St black dial royal oak. I really like the black carbon with blue dial/bezel 26420CE, especially on the black rubber strap. Does anyone own both of these references and is it wise to own both, or do you prefer to wear one over the other, and see the CE steadily losing value in the secondary as the newness wears off? Would it be redundant to have two of the same offshore models (albeit different colorways)? All my other watches are steel Rolexes (Subs, GMT). Anyone that can share a side by side pic of both watches?
cjmaud is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2024, 07:47 PM   #2
chaucer
"TRF" Member

Curious about this also. I have the taupe and have considered the blue ceramic offshore but am hesitant because of the similarity between the pieces and the cost of the ceramic version
chaucer is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 April 2024, 11:53 PM   #3
TopherMins
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, RM

I cannot speak to the taupe offshore but I’ve had the ceramic one since September and love it. The ceramic makes it very lightweight which helps for a large watch. As for owning the same offshore, I own 12 offshores and divers where at the end of the day, they’re all the “same” but they are all different metals and colors so they are all a little bit different.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
TopherMins is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2024, 01:25 AM   #4
J.T.
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopherMins View Post

I cannot speak to the taupe offshore but I’ve had the ceramic one since September and love it. The ceramic makes it very lightweight which helps for a large watch. As for owning the same offshore, I own 12 offshores and divers where at the end of the day, they’re all the “same” but they are all different metals and colors so they are all a little bit different.

Agreed. I own 7 offshores all are the same, but different with varying metals/ceramics and colorways. Wouldn't have it any other way
J.T. is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2024, 04:27 AM   #5
Armis
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by TopherMins View Post

Topher, does this piece come with a second strap? If so, then by chance is it a black textile pattern with blue stitching? I wonder how that would look.
Thanks.
Armis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 April 2024, 07:34 AM   #6
TopherMins
"TRF" Member

Watch: AP, RM
Quote:
Originally Posted by Armis View Post
Topher, does this piece come with a second strap? If so, then by chance is it a black textile pattern with blue stitching? I wonder how that would look.
Thanks.

I wish, that sounds great! It just comes with plain black rubber which I find highly unappealing.

TopherMins is offline   Reply With Quote