The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 29 April 2024, 11:18 AM   #1
brockytop
"TRF" Member

3861 Chrono Issue

I was elated to pick up a white Speedy at the AD last week but became very bummed while showing it off to a friend the next day when I discovered problem with the chronograph function.

When starting the chronograph with the upper pusher (which felt a bit mushy compared to my black Speedmaster 3861), the center seconds starts sweeping as normal. When pressing the pusher a second time to stop the timer, there was no click at all and the second hand continued moving. Pressing the upper pusher several times would do nothing until eventually the second hand would reset to 12 o'clock! After it would reset, it would perform normally (but still with a mushy feel) and the second hand would stop with the upper pusher, and reset to 12 o'clock with the lower pusher. It would continue operating normally 15-20 times then I would experience the same problem again.

Fortunately, there is an Omega Service Center here in Seattle, I brought the watch to them, they duplicated the problem, and said I need to leave it with them for repair. Of course, it is under warranty so there will be no costs associated with the repair, but I'm bummed to not have my watch for 6 weeks.

Has anyone else experienced this problem with the 3861 movement? I will be sure to report back on this thread when the watch is returned and hopefully be able to tell y'all what the problem was.
brockytop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2024, 10:10 PM   #2
1William
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex/Others
Sorry to hear. I have the black and white dial 3861 watches with sapphire. With all mechanical things issues do arise. No fun when you are the one experiencing them though. I would think that you will get the watch back before six weeks as it is already at the service center and does not have to travel.
1William is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 April 2024, 10:13 PM   #3
brandrea
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: es make me smile
Sorry to hear, hope you get it sorted quickly
brandrea is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2024, 03:15 PM   #4
CalNaughtonJr
"TRF" Member

There were reported issues in the early year for the 3861. Check out the Omega Forum for the thread and the supposed fix by Omega. I had the chrono stop the watch while fully wound, but wasn’t able to replicate it again.
CalNaughtonJr is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2024, 11:18 PM   #5
gnuyork
"TRF" Member

Yes, I've had issues with my 3861 recently. Mine is a very early 3861 (circa Jan '21).

It will need to be sent in for a second time after recently just getting it back from service. Bummer, but not the end of the world.
gnuyork is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 April 2024, 11:28 PM   #6
PTCDAD
"TRF" Member

I had an issue with my 3861 Chrono. It kept getting stuck. Sent it in for service under the warranty. Took about 6 weeks. Good luck

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
PTCDAD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 1 May 2024, 01:19 PM   #7
chro.nic
"TRF" Member

Here's a video where the guy experienced something similar. Chrono hand does not reset when bottom pusher is pressed!!

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=51a5hiXSg4E

.nic
chro.nic is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 4 May 2024, 07:06 AM   #8
brockytop
"TRF" Member

Thanks for the replies, guys. It's a bit disappointing that many of us have had a problem with this new caliber already. Fortunately, my black 3861 hasn't had any issues in two years so I have a Speedmaster available to wear on Speedy Tuesdays while I wait!
brockytop is offline   Reply With Quote