The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 20 April 2024, 10:38 PM   #1
vinny84
2024 Pledge Member

Turned Off By Rolex

Not sure what’s been getting into me lately but my disdain for Rolex and ADs have been increasing by the minute. It started after visiting an AP boutique this past weekend and speaking with an SA about how they allocate watches, which is just forming a relationship with your SA and you will get your watch within a couple of years. I find that to be more than fair considering the output of AP per year.

Now, obviously the situation with Rolex is nothing new and it never really bothered me…until now. So much so, that I am thinking of giving up my BLNR and Deepsea JC to get a AP RO. I tried on a ROO and just admired it on my wrist and didn’t want to take it off. The only Rolex I would keep would be my bluesy since I admire it the most and I also have an Omega Seamaster 300M on rubber that I also enjoy wearing.

Why should any of us have to wait literally years and never receive the watch we desire? And if I to pay a huge markup to get a Rolex then I rather buy some of the other higher horology out there. If a small house like AP can deliver watches to clients then surely Rolex can definitely do the same since they mass produce their watches. Am I missing something here?