The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 19 April 2024, 07:13 AM   #1
CJ4189
"TRF" Member

226570 wait time

Good afternoon. Just curious what you have experienced recently for wait time on a black 226570. Thank you.
CJ4189 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 08:15 AM   #2
Carguy87
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: JC 126660
Quote:
Originally Posted by CJ4189 View Post
Good afternoon. Just curious what you have experienced recently for wait time on a black 226570. Thank you.
Welcome to the forum!

The wait times for any model vary greatly between person to person because it’s affected by what market you’re in, how big your AD is which influences how many pieces they get per year, the interest in a given model in your region, your personal spend history or social influence in your region (if you’re the local Mayor, or play for a local professional sports team and I’m sure the wait (if any) will be significantly shorter than for anyone else walking in).

How much you “click” with your SA and if they remember your name when one becomes available to allocate…I can keep going but the point is for any given reference there will be stories of people who got one as a stone cold walk in, and stories of people waiting months or years with no luck. Any reference that sells for more than MSRP on the secondary market will have some type of wait generally. References that sell for huge discounts on the secondary market (white gold submariner as an example) can generally be found as a walk in or with a few phone calls to different AD’s in your region.

Good luck getting your watch!

To try and give you some answer to your question I was offered this reference in March of ‘22 as a walk in with no spend history visiting Las Vegas at a Rolex only boutique as a consolation prize of sorts since they didn’t have a James Cameron that I was looking for. I passed and got a call about 20 mins later for my James Cameron from another AD I had visited earlier on that trip.

If you have a Rolex only boutique in your area I’d start there since they won’t have jewelry or other brands of watches to try and push you to buy before getting you what you’re after.
Tudor: Black Bay GMT Opaline
Carguy87 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 08:43 AM   #3
CJ4189
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Carguy87 View Post
Welcome to the forum!

The wait times for any model vary greatly between person to person because it’s affected by what market you’re in, how big your AD is which influences how many pieces they get per year, the interest in a given model in your region, your personal spend history or social influence in your region (if you’re the local Mayor, or play for a local professional sports team and I’m sure the wait (if any) will be significantly shorter than for anyone else walking in).

How much you “click” with your SA and if they remember your name when one becomes available to allocate…I can keep going but the point is for any given reference there will be stories of people who got one as a stone cold walk in, and stories of people waiting months or years with no luck. Any reference that sells for more than MSRP on the secondary market will have some type of wait generally. References that sell for huge discounts on the secondary market (white gold submariner as an example) can generally be found as a walk in or with a few phone calls to different AD’s in your region.

Good luck getting your watch!

To try and give you some answer to your question I was offered this reference in March of ‘22 as a walk in with no spend history visiting Las Vegas at a Rolex only boutique as a consolation prize of sorts since they didn’t have a James Cameron that I was looking for. I passed and got a call about 20 mins later for my James Cameron from another AD I had visited earlier on that trip.

If you have a Rolex only boutique in your area I’d start there since they won’t have jewelry or other brands of watches to try and push you to buy before getting you what you’re after.
Thank you so much for the detailed response. I am on “the list” at two AD’s. Not boutiques but will look into that option as well.
Old 19 April 2024, 10:04 AM   #4
Kevin of Larchmont
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Ingersoll Mickey
I waited about three months in 2023. The watch is a glorious sleeper, worth any wait.
Kevin of Larchmont is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 10:11 AM   #5
Wingman244
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126710BLNR/Jubilee
It seems to me, of any of the steel watches the grey market dealers are close to MSRP on the black dial E2's.

I would go grey.
Wingman244 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 09:30 PM   #6
thebusinessend
"TRF" Member

The ExpeII in like new condition is around MSRP on the greymarket. I see them for 11ish. I dont remember the msrp off the top of my head but I though it was under 10. But they are one of the easiest sports models to get. I would say the easiest is the Airking and exp1 in 36, then the exp 2 and exp1 in 40. From what I have learned your always better off going with the largest AD near by to you. They get more watches and you'll have a better chance of getting it sooner. Spend history also greatly helps if you have past buy history for NON-rolex stuff like jewelery or watches that take a loss the second you leave the showroom. Not saying to buy anything you don't want to get a watch but if you were going to get something else anyways, cant hurt having some more face time and spend your money at a shop you hope to get a watch from.
Also, there is no real list as I am sure many others have noted on here. NO AD goes Ok x person asked for this watch 2 years ago so lets call them now over the person I met two months ago but has spent 100k on diamonds. They sell the watch to whomever they want. Also rolex and store management does their best to not sell to flippers and holds back their harder to get watches for existing customers with history. But for a ExpII I think its a great first or second watch to ask for, its also very fun to look at I miss the matt black hands against that bright white dial. If they ever made it in a 40mm i would snag one.
thebusinessend is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 19 April 2024, 09:42 PM   #7
CJ4189
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by thebusinessend View Post
The ExpeII in like new condition is around MSRP on the greymarket. I see them for 11ish. I dont remember the msrp off the top of my head but I though it was under 10. But they are one of the easiest sports models to get. I would say the easiest is the Airking and exp1 in 36, then the exp 2 and exp1 in 40. From what I have learned your always better off going with the largest AD near by to you. They get more watches and you'll have a better chance of getting it sooner. Spend history also greatly helps if you have past buy history for NON-rolex stuff like jewelery or watches that take a loss the second you leave the showroom. Not saying to buy anything you don't want to get a watch but if you were going to get something else anyways, cant hurt having some more face time and spend your money at a shop you hope to get a watch from.
Also, there is no real list as I am sure many others have noted on here. NO AD goes Ok x person asked for this watch 2 years ago so lets call them now over the person I met two months ago but has spent 100k on diamonds. They sell the watch to whomever they want. Also rolex and store management does their best to not sell to flippers and holds back their harder to get watches for existing customers with history. But for a ExpII I think its a great first or second watch to ask for, its also very fun to look at I miss the matt black hands against that bright white dial. If they ever made it in a 40mm i would snag one.
Do you an AD in MA that you recommend? I’m in Newport RI.