The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Audemars Piguet Discussion Forum

Old 8 April 2024, 07:18 AM   #61
VogelPhoenix
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Pfang56 View Post
Anyway, in the spirit of your intense CODE love, here are three for your enjoyment :) Never cared about the value, only loved the pieces.

AP 15500ST Grey // 26237ST Beast // 26331ST Panda // 15450ST Blue // 77350CE Bucci // 26240CE 50th // 15407ST || Rolex 116520 White // 116710 BLNR // 126200 Blue || Omega Seamaster NTTD // Speedy Tokyo LE "Rising Sun" // Speedy cal. 321 "Ed White"
A timeless classic - Winding, ticking, faithful time - Golden crown of trust
VogelPhoenix is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 07:22 AM   #62
salnuaimi
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mms1998 View Post
Yes of course, there are no guarantees but the 15210qt is a stunner and codes in general look way better in person. The craftsmanship is just phenomenal can’t wait to get mine.
Brother . I hope you are waiting for the Code in DM . My friend was waiting for a year in MOE then he switched to DM and got it in 1 month.
salnuaimi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 07:26 AM   #63
mms1998
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by salnuaimi View Post
Brother . I hope you are waiting for the Code in DM . My friend was waiting for a year in MOE then he switched to DM and got it in 1 month.
I am, thanks for the heads up. Are allocations always faster with DM?
mms1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 11:46 AM   #64
Halothane
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Quote:
Well...I don't wear my Daytona or Nautilus or Aquanaut simply because I see them on everybody's wrist. Hated seeing the same watches during any beach holiday, so while I appreciate them, I don't wear them anymore. But because they are so popular, they are indeed great investments - and not a surprise, they are even more ubiquitous in the grey market than RO. They are as liquid as BTC or any currency.

But that for me is not the spirit of watch collecting. YMMV, but I actually wear my watches and hate them sitting in the safe. I began collecting watches when you would immediately lose money when you left the store - and you only bought because you loved the watch. These days it's different. It's a free country so to each their own.

Anyway, in the spirit of your intense CODE love, here are three for your enjoyment :) Never cared about the value, only loved the pieces.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I like the Starwheel. It’s a cool piece. And the Tourbillons are pretty cool just pricey.
Glad you like the others and don’t worry about value. I wear my watches all the time as well , even at work where they can get banged up. They are meant to be worn and enjoyed. Cheers.

Halothane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 12:39 PM   #65
dchang81
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by PP&AP View Post
I think this is based on relationship more than spend. I was taken on one of those golf trips and my collection isn’t that large.
collection isn't large but your sig lists 15407, so must be doing something right.
dchang81 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 03:33 PM   #66
Octagon Guy
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Well...I don't wear my Daytona or Nautilus or Aquanaut simply because I see them on everybody's wrist. Hated seeing the same watches during any beach holiday, so while I appreciate them, I don't wear them anymore. But because they are so popular, they are indeed great investments - and not a surprise, they are even more ubiquitous in the grey market than RO. They are as liquid as BTC or any currency.

But that for me is not the spirit of watch collecting. YMMV, but I actually wear my watches and hate them sitting in the safe. I began collecting watches when you would immediately lose money when you left the store - and you only bought because you loved the watch. These days it's different. It's a free country so to each their own.

100% agree. Most hobbies are money losing activities. Many are forgetting even majority of Rolex sports models are losing money the moment you walk out of the AD, pre-covid. Daytonas are readily available and on a discount. Same applies to PP.

In my definition, hobbies= using money to buy some happiness. Buy and enjoy what we can afford or willing to lose, and the hobby will be much more enjoyable. There's many other watch brands that costs much more than AP that's losing alot in the secondary market compared to their msrp and people are enjoying them. Watch collecting only becomes a mass market investment mindset during crazy covid times.
Octagon Guy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 08:03 PM   #67
Pfang56
"TRF" Member

Roadmap to a Jumbo 16202 (Hopefully)

Quote:
Originally Posted by Halothane View Post
I like the Starwheel. It’s a cool piece. And the Tourbillons are pretty cool just pricey.
Glad you like the others and don’t worry about value. I wear my watches all the time as well , even at work where they can get banged up. They are meant to be worn and enjoyed. Cheers.

Quote:

Thanks for the note - maybe I could buy another as a backup? That's a damn good deal! (And the same especially with dress Perpetuals across many of the brands - Patek, ALS, and others). I took a bath with a Patek 5140 before the CODE so it's not the first time :)

Maybe if you stopped selling your watches every month on the forum and kept a few longer you would learn to enjoy them more than a month or two? I used to be one of those new watch or two every month type of collectors in the Panerai days, because I couldn't afford more than a few in hand. It would drive my wife crazy but it was hella fun. These days I can thankfully afford and keep a nice collection with perfect provenance. It matters to me, but it may not matter to many people.

Enjoy the fun playing the market - but I hope you keep a few longer - I mean how could you sell your 26574st?!?!?

Anyway, one more CODE to brighten your day :)

Pfang56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 08:08 PM   #68
Pfang56
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Octagon Guy View Post
100% agree. Most hobbies are money losing activities. Many are forgetting even majority of Rolex sports models are losing money the moment you walk out of the AD, pre-covid. Daytonas are readily available and on a discount. Same applies to PP.

In my definition, hobbies= using money to buy some happiness. Buy and enjoy what we can afford or willing to lose, and the hobby will be much more enjoyable. There's many other watch brands that costs much more than AP that's losing alot in the secondary market compared to their msrp and people are enjoying them. Watch collecting only becomes a mass market investment mindset during crazy covid times.

Totally agree! No shame at all, it's beauty of collecting

Pfang56 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 April 2024, 10:43 PM   #69
TheHolyLuck
"TRF" Member

Amazing 3 pieces Code collection. Differents materials, colors. Really different sensations.
The dial of the taupe will be something really different. Great addition to your existing line up.
TheHolyLuck is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 9 April 2024, 01:13 AM   #70
Halothane
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Quote:
Enjoy the fun playing the market - but I hope you keep a few longer

I bought some from an AD back in the day. Had a ceramic diver. Sent in twice for repair. Had a 15202 - sent in twice for repair. This definitely turned me off the brand. Probably just got unlucky but I would never buy a 15202 again. Hopefully the 16202 is sturdier. If I bought another would probably steer toward a 16202 or 15300. The size is just right for me. 41 is a little big but love the dial on the AP PC. Probably the best dial in the biz for a PC.

Halothane is offline   Reply With Quote