The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Old 24 May 2013, 10:37 PM   #1
lukestafford77
"TRF" Member

Rolex Clasp Number

Hello I am seeking some assistance in trying to understand the numbers on a Ladies Gold Date Just I own.

The watch has a K Seriel number, and was purchased new in 2003, model number is 79178.

I have no worries about the authenticity of the watch I am meerly trying to educate myself as far as rolex bracelets and clasps are concurned.

The clasp has the number 7204a on it, as well as DE12 (Which I believe means the clasp was manufacterered in December 2001).

7204a I have assumed to be the model number of the clasp and bracelet? Is this correct? However haveing dug a bit deeper (or should I say putting this in to google) it seems to indicate that 7204a is the model number of a stainless steal bracelet from around the 60's?

If anyone can help explains this to me, or perhaps point out where I am going wrong that would be great.

EDIT: It also has end links 66B.
lukestafford77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2013, 10:50 PM   #2
77T
2024 Pledge Member

I think the best way to help would be if you could take some close-up, sharp pictures of the inner and outer clasp and endlinks. Especially where the numbers are, too.

The confusion might be from a replacement clasp? If you know that clasp was on there since new, then not a cause...but ciphering through words vs. a good set of pics is very hard.

Does anyone really know what time it is?
77T is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2013, 11:12 PM   #3
lukestafford77
"TRF" Member

Thank you for your response!

I hope these are sufficent!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg photo2.jpg (41.8 KB, 102 views)
File Type: jpg photo.jpg (46.7 KB, 102 views)
Old 24 May 2013, 11:12 PM   #4
padi56
"TRF" Life Patron

Watch: ing you.
Quote:
Originally Posted by lukestafford77 View Post
Hello I am seeking some assistance in trying to understand the numbers on a Ladies Gold Date Just I own.

The watch has a K Seriel number, and was purchased new in 2003, model number is 79178.

I have no worries about the authenticity of the watch I am meerly trying to educate myself as far as rolex bracelets and clasps are concurned.

The clasp has the number 7204a on it, as well as DE12 (Which I believe means the clasp was manufacterered in December 2001).

7204a I have assumed to be the model number of the clasp and bracelet? Is this correct? However haveing dug a bit deeper (or should I say putting this in to google) it seems to indicate that 7204a is the model number of a stainless steal bracelet from around the 60's?

If anyone can help explains this to me, or perhaps point out where I am going wrong that would be great.

EDIT: It also has end links 66B.
Well your K serial watch and what the serial means that by all the unofficial charts on the Internet we can get a rough estimate when the case/clasp was stamped.Now K serials the case was stamped some time between September 2001 and August 2002. The clasp code DE would indicate it was stamped sometime in 2001 and the 7204A is most probably the style of clasp.Now with all the codes and serials it don't always mean when the watch was made to the exact week, month, or year especially the slow selling precious metal watches..

ICom Pro3

All posts are my own opinion and my opinion only.

"The clock of life is wound but once, and no man has the power to tell just when the hands will stop. Now is the only time you actually own the time, Place no faith in time, for the clock may soon be still for ever."
Good Judgement comes from experience,experience comes from Bad Judgement,.Buy quality, cry once; buy cheap, cry again and again.

www.mc0yad.club

Second in command CEO and left handed watch winder
padi56 is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2013, 03:50 AM   #5
Alpino
"TRF" Member

7204A (modified version of 7204) was a standard Oyster bracelet reference for lady's models in the 2000's .

Alpino is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2013, 06:45 PM   #6
lukestafford77
"TRF" Member

Thank you very much everyone, appreciated!