The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Old 2 April 2024, 12:12 AM   #1
Dansim2000
"TRF" Member

Watch: VC Overseas
Omega Constellation Globemaster Satisfaction Feedback

I wanted to get feedback from collectors who have purchased the Omega Constellation Globemaster 41MM with the white dial with the date & months, reference 130.33.41.22.02.001.

I own several Omega watches and have been researching this watch for several months. It is a stunning watch made by a respected brand. My dilemma is that it seems only available at Omega AD's & boutiques, but there are not many for sale at Chrono24, EBay, or anywhere else on the internet. This makes me wonder if collectors keep them in the collection or not many are being sold, so they are not offered for sale.

So I wanted to ask for feedback from Omega collectors who own & wear the watch to get your feedback. As well as, from collectors who wanted to buy the same model and passed.

Thanks in advance for your invaluable feedback on your experience with this watch.
Dansim2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 April 2024, 01:17 AM   #2
cuppa_watch
"TRF" Member

Several points about Constellation:
1. They are sold in huge quantities in Asia and are very popular there, but those people don't use chrono24 or other western trading platforms.
2. Maybe many people who wear Constellation are not WIS and don't sell through online platforms. Many of them prefer a traditional jeweler.

Sent from my Pixel 8 Pro using Tapatalk
cuppa_watch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2024, 01:30 AM   #3
warrior
"TRF" Member

Watch: Explorer
The Constellation Globemaster isn’t all that popular in the West and more of a niche watch. ( much more popular in Asia, as the above poster noted). And I’d assume the Annual Calendar is even more niche because of the complication.

That said, Teddy Baldasarre, a watch enthusiast/ youtuber, likes the standard Globemaster blue.

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=vlv_1zN-lWA
warrior is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 3 April 2024, 02:25 AM   #4
Guppydriver
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 126710BLNR
The GM is a fabulously underrated watch. The size, fluted bezel, and METAS certification make it a potent DateJust alternative. The pie pan dial really gives it character and harkens back to it's roots.

That said, the version with the months doesn't seem to be very popular. I find it to be a little too busy. The upside is I occasionally see regular GM's in like new condition selling for tremendous values... around 5k or so.
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 April 2024, 01:16 PM   #5
cpatab2020
"TRF" Member

As an happy owner of an opaline, date only Globemaster, my feedback is limited. But if the quality of the annual calendar is the same, I’m sure you’ll like it. Great finish and legibility, fantastic accuracy, pleasing and bright lume, and so on. Unfortunately, the annual calendar is a bit too bulky for my wrist.

But to your other point, I’m sure the high retail price and niche it fills keep sales and production low. But it’s certainly more palatable on the gray or pre-owned market. (Jomashop is currently offering the opaline version for $6,900.)
cpatab2020 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 April 2024, 03:44 AM   #6
usmc_k9_vet
"TRF" Member

If you’re looking into the annual calendar version, it is best to try it on in person, if possible. I really like that model, but when I tried it on in person I found it to be very slab-sided and bulkier than I expected. Still a great watch, but I’m saying it wears different than pictures might suggest.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
usmc_k9_vet is offline   Reply With Quote