The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Watches (Non-Rolex) Forum

Old 15 February 2022, 04:29 AM   #1
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: addiction issues
Congrats! I also bought one and have been extremely happy with it. You did an excellent job on this write up and I agree with everything you said.

For some reason I was worried it would fall flat when it arrived (I ordered it without trying it on) but my experience has been the polar opposite.

I can’t recommend this piece enough to anyone looking for a swimmable HH sport piece that’s not derivative.
Old 15 February 2022, 05:20 AM   #2
flyguy33
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by GB-man View Post
Congrats! I also bought one and have been extremely happy with it. You did an excellent job on this write up and I agree with everything you said.

For some reason I was worried it would fall flat when it arrived (I ordered it without trying it on) but my experience has been the polar opposite.

I can’t recommend this piece enough to anyone looking for a swimmable HH sport piece that’s not derivative.
I also ordered sight unseen, although I did have the opportunity to try on a Tonda GT and Tondagraph ahead of time while I was on a layover in Vegas. I walked out of the store, called my AD and placed my order on the spot.

As I note above both the PF and GT are great watches. They vary in diameter and thickness as well as the dial features, but the quality is top-notch throughout.
flyguy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2022, 05:21 AM   #3
flyguy33
"TRF" Member

Quote:

You did a better job of capturing the PF in the picture you posted in the other thread. Once I sized my pics down to meet the site requirements I lost the guilloche.
flyguy33 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 15 February 2022, 10:53 AM   #4
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by flyguy33 View Post
You did a better job of capturing the PF in the picture you posted in the other thread. Once I sized my pics down to meet the site requirements I lost the guilloche.

I’m dumb enough to pay for Tapatalk pro lol so it lets you post better images. This watch is quite photogenic
Old 7 March 2022, 11:43 PM   #5
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:

Just noticed you put it up for sale. How come?
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 March 2022, 12:41 AM   #6
GB-man
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by mongrelnomoad View Post
Just noticed you put it up for sale. How come?

Basically just because I’m an ADD nut job with an insatiable habit for picking up shiny things and putting them down. I don’t actually have a good reason. I bought it to wear on a vacation which is another bad habit I have.
Old 8 March 2022, 03:45 AM   #7
mongrelnomoad
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Basically just because I’m an ADD nut job with an insatiable habit for picking up shiny things and putting them down. I don’t actually have a good reason. I bought it to wear on a vacation which is another bad habit I have.
lol. True.
mongrelnomoad is offline   Reply With Quote