The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Patek Philippe Discussion Forum

Old 5 July 2015, 10:02 PM   #61
HorologyK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by cinch View Post
The Aquanaut is a great day to day watch, that you don't need to worry too much about. It's not as robust as a Rolex submariner but if you want a Patek as a daily wear then the aquanaut is an excellent choice.

Couldn't agree more ! Daily wear for me and think something is wrong with me that I have no desire for another Patek.
HorologyK is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2015, 12:03 AM   #62
andyol1966
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek and Rolex
Agree the Aqua is a great daily wear
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (110.5 KB, 255 views)
andyol1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2015, 12:06 AM   #63
andyol1966
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek and Rolex
It is so versatile and goes with smart or casual. I love that it does not shout 'look at me'. Just pure and simple understated class. Such a cool watch
Attached Images
File Type: jpg image.jpg (91.1 KB, 249 views)
andyol1966 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2015, 12:14 AM   #64
lapince
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5712
I prefer much more the Nautilus, but the 5712 followed by the 5711, I find the complications make a more interesting dial, especially the blue dial is incredible, really chameleon, if the Aqua had such a blue dial I could consider it also but it's not the case, though I really like the 5167R, possibly what I would get one day if I want RG, for the 5712 dial it's kind of funky being asymmetrical, some hate some love I'm in the second category, for a watch on rubber I went for a AP diver since it's ceramic it's almost impossible to scratch, the aquanaut is a great watch for beach, pool and sports but the SS flat bezel is bound to have a ton of scratches if you wear it for such things, after 1 year of 24/7 wear my 5712 has only 4 microscopic hairlines only visible under a certain angle of light hitting the bezel, but I never wear it doing anything where it could get a bump or scratch, scratches on the flat brushed bezel tend to not be very aesthetic IMO
lapince is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2015, 01:07 AM   #65
HorologyK
"TRF" Member

Only 4 microscopic hairlines ?
Old 6 July 2015, 01:41 AM   #66
tough
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by lapince View Post
I prefer much more the Nautilus, but the 5712 followed by the 5711, I find the complications make a more interesting dial, especially the blue dial is incredible, really chameleon, if the Aqua had such a blue dial I could consider it also but it's not the case, though I really like the 5167R, possibly what I would get one day if I want RG, for the 5712 dial it's kind of funky being asymmetrical, some hate some love I'm in the second category, for a watch on rubber I went for a AP diver since it's ceramic it's almost impossible to scratch, the aquanaut is a great watch for beach, pool and sports but the SS flat bezel is bound to have a ton of scratches if you wear it for such things, after 1 year of 24/7 wear my 5712 has only 4 microscopic hairlines only visible under a certain angle of light hitting the bezel, but I never wear it doing anything where it could get a bump or scratch, scratches on the flat brushed bezel tend to not be very aesthetic IMO
I've seen an abused Aquanaut, and didn't like the way it looked much.
I also seen both a white and blue dial nautilus extremely abused, but for some reason they really didn't look so bad at all. I wouldn't mind if mine would look that way after many years of quality wear.
Not sure why this is. Maybe it is the bracelet, or maybe I just overlook it all because I find the nautilus so stunning!
tough is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2015, 02:01 AM   #67
Passionata
"TRF" Member

Watch: the girls
Quote:
Originally Posted by HorologyK View Post

Do you consider this too much or too few?👍🏻

"Also remember that feet don't get fat and a watch will always speak volumes." Robert Johnston
---------------------
*new*https://youtu.be/EljAF-uddhE *new *

http://youtu.be/ZmpLoO1Q8eQ
IG @passionata1
Passionata is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2015, 02:51 AM   #68
CWIN
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek, AP, Rolex
I've owned both but flipped my 5167 for a 5711 which I flipped for a 5712. I'm entertaining the idea of picking up another Aquanaut. I have problems...
Old 6 July 2015, 04:39 AM   #69
HorologyK
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by CWIN View Post
I've owned both but flipped my 5167 for a 5711 which I flipped for a 5712. I'm entertaining the idea of picking up another Aquanaut. I have problems...

I would def. do that. It's a keeper esp. In the Summer heat.
Old 6 July 2015, 05:14 AM   #70
JPMD
"TRF" Member

Watch: PP/AP/Rolex
Quote:
Yes, because of this forum I now to have same type of problems
JPMD is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2015, 07:11 AM   #71
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by HorologyK View Post
Yep, I just took these pics under a lamp without flash, it's night in PAris, you can see one at 9, there's one at 2 and 1 at 4 but not sure they're visible except the one at 9, and I put the watch in the needed angle to see those hairlines

P1010153.JPG

P1010154.JPG

P1010155.JPG

P1010156.JPG

P1010157.JPG

Quote:
Originally Posted by tough View Post
I've seen an abused Aquanaut, and didn't like the way it looked much.
I also seen both a white and blue dial nautilus extremely abused, but for some reason they really didn't look so bad at all. I wouldn't mind if mine would look that way after many years of quality wear.
Not sure why this is. Maybe it is the bracelet, or maybe I just overlook it all because I find the nautilus so stunning!
Well I wear mine 24/7 for 1 year now and as you see on pics it's more than ok, but I have a very good "watch awareness"

Quote:
Chris please don't flip the 5712, keep it, such an awesome watch
Old 6 July 2015, 09:25 AM   #72
RichHitch
"TRF" Member

Watch: Rolex Patek AP
We should create a Nautilus vs Aquanaut official thread... There's one of these every single week.
RichHitch is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 6 July 2015, 09:32 AM   #73
lapince
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by RichHitch View Post
We should create a Nautilus vs Aquanaut official thread... There's one of these every single week.
yeah there have been quite a few of these
Old 8 July 2015, 10:03 PM   #74
Abdullasaif
"TRF" Member

Watch: bipolar
I ended up with both but, i got the nautilus first and would recommend it first.
Abdullasaif is offline   Reply With Quote