The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Vintage Rolex Discussion

Old 30 July 2015, 09:49 AM   #61
Mr.H
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Fantastic story

Robert, finally I got to read the full story. What a great start and end. While I don't have such a way back start, I also plan to pass on mine to my son, and with the story that this vintage watch lives by the saying that every road leads to the eternal city of Rome. After leaving Switzerland, it finally ended in Rome and with me, which is where I both fell in love with and later married my wife his mother, and the city we regard to be our own. I will however keep it for years until it seems right to pass it on, and nothing can be better than a watch like this to pass on as a carrier of family history.

One thing leads to another. My new interest and watch and the story behind inspired my wife and her mother to look for and bring forward what appears to be a very well stored solid gold Omega ladies watch which my mother in law got from my father in law when giving birth to my wife in 1967. They had completely forgot about the watch being very small and a piece of "less practical old fashioned" jewelry (!) than a watch for regular use. Suddenly, my wife have a very nice watch and story, and my daughter also will have somthing unique when time is ready and then with the story behind.

Please share any experience on servicing the original bracelet as well as replacing with the more recent one. I have yet to find a 7206, but think my Inox leather strap works nicely for every days use.
Mr.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2015, 09:51 AM   #62
R-H
"TRF" Member

Watch: 1967 5513
Quote:
Originally Posted by alanski View Post
what a family heirloom to keep for a long time
wonderful piece , looks in absolute amazing condition for a nearly half century old piece

fully original meters first dial hands bracelet the works what a watch .
im not surprised a dealer collector offered to buy it on the spot .

now a matching pearl in the original fat font insert is the cherry on top , love these watches .

like others have said if you are gonna wear it often a later 93150 with 580s bracelet might be a welcome adition
to save the old rivet from getting worn away .

wear in the best of health for a long time to come

heres one similar I picked up a few months ago

Great looking 5513, what year is it?
R-H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 30 July 2015, 10:41 AM   #63
R-H
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mr.H View Post
Robert, finally I got to read the full story. What a great start and end. While I don't have such a way back start, I also plan to pass on mine to my son, and with the story that this vintage watch lives by the saying that every road leads to the eternal city of Rome. After leaving Switzerland, it finally ended in Rome and with me, which is where I both fell in love with and later married my wife his mother, and the city we regard to be our own. I will however keep it for years until it seems right to pass it on, and nothing can be better than a watch like this to pass on as a carrier of family history.

One thing leads to another. My new interest and watch and the story behind inspired my wife and her mother to look for and bring forward what appears to be a very well stored solid gold Omega ladies watch which my mother in law got from my father in law when giving birth to my wife in 1967. They had completely forgot about the watch being very small and a piece of "less practical old fashioned" jewelry (!) than a watch for regular use. Suddenly, my wife have a very nice watch and story, and my daughter also will have somthing unique when time is ready and then with the story behind.

Please share any experience on servicing the original bracelet as well as replacing with the more recent one. I have yet to find a 7206, but think my Inox leather strap works nicely for every days use.
That's a great story Harald, and both your Son and Daughter will love them when that day comes. How's your watch doing by the way?
Old 30 July 2015, 10:48 AM   #64
R-H
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by descartes View Post
Beautiful watch, and a great story.

My '67 5513 says hi
Thanks, yours too and great you have the paper work.
Old 31 July 2015, 04:12 AM   #65
Halothane
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex, Patek
Great story! So cool when these items are passed down through family and the member who receives it takes so much care and pride in ownership! Your wife's grandfather is smiling down at you when he sees this beautiful restoration.
Halothane is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2015, 07:15 AM   #66
Mr.H
"TRF" Member

Watch: 5513
Doing great

Quote:
Originally Posted by R-H View Post
That's a great story Harald, and both your Son and Daughter will love them when that day comes. How's your watch doing by the way?
Stories are important, yes; my watch is doing good, it's vacation time though. Starting the every day is a working day next week.
But yes, it is doing great. Planning to have it serviced and checked, but no hurry as everything goes great.
Mr.H is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2015, 08:07 AM   #67
Sam Crow
"TRF" Member

Great post! Thanks for sharing.
Sam Crow is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 July 2015, 02:12 PM   #68
cvhjin
"TRF" Member

Tried to get a shot through the old crystal, and a shot of the old parts I'lll keep with the watch.
cvhjin is offline   Reply With Quote