The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Classifieds > WatchOut!!!

Old 5 January 2024, 03:16 AM   #121
WatchTimes
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: It's a Rolex!
This is who you need to reach out to

https://www.ic3.gov

FBI Internet Crimes Division

Id also reach out to the local PD there and the cities District Atty office.

Kentucky Colonel, Tennessee Squire & Combat Leprechaun
WatchTimes is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 03:18 AM   #122
KatGirl
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 X2 Pledge Member

Watch: 126233 Wimbledon T
Well, after reading this thread, I am amazed that you would wire money to a different person’s account, other than the Seller’s. That, in and of itself, is a huge red flag. I’m going to assume that a person whose screen name is JeromeL is actually named Jerome, and you wired money to some woman’s account. Sorry, OP, but you really exercised poor judgement here. I do hope you can at least seek legal action against the perpetrators.

Kat

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
KatGirl is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 03:34 AM   #123
worldofoyster
"TRF" Member

Watch: SS Sub
Quote:
Originally Posted by KatGirl View Post
Well, after reading this thread, I am amazed that you would wire money to a different person’s account, other than the Seller’s. That, in and of itself, is a huge red flag. I’m going to assume that a person whose screen name is JeromeL is actually named Jerome, and you wired money to some woman’s account. Sorry, OP, but you really exercised poor judgement here. I do hope you can at least seek legal action against the perpetrators.

Kat

well said. but still hope OP gets his money back
worldofoyster is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 03:34 AM   #124
rolexRV
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex 1680
This is in-cre-di-ble. I have just spoken on the phone with D.Hirschy

She reconigzed her bank account and at least one of the two wires (the Spanish one)

She explained me that a colleague from him from outside the US is using that account for bitcoins investment reasons. She has no idea of watches. Nothing.

I told her she is commiting a crime and just sent by email the screenshots of the transactions. She told me she will return the money but who knows. I would really need someone to help me to file a report please. I have all the information
rolexRV is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 03:36 AM   #125
rolexRV
2024 Pledge Member

Someone living in Louisville that can help please?
Old 5 January 2024, 03:39 AM   #126
S7gpt
"TRF" Member

Watch: 126610ln YM37 wife
can the 'scammer' read all these posts being placed here ?
S7gpt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 03:42 AM   #127
KY..
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 60s to 90s
Quote:

Kat
Is this a soap opera or are we being punked or what???
Feeling like one of those trolling threads.
Old 5 January 2024, 03:47 AM   #128
Gearjockey
"TRF" Member

To the OP: I would ignore the MMQB’s here who suggest that a $500K house is insufficient for Rolex collections or purchasing from an international buyer means you get what you deserve, et al. You, Me and most people on here have made $$$ mistakes before. I know it’s a substantial sum and I’m sorry it happened to you. I had a similar experience but thankfully it worked out with about $1500 more out of my pocket. Very inexpensive lesson comparatively. This is where people say they have their health, at least.
You will recover eventually.
Keep trying until all avenues are exhausted.
Gearjockey is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 03:55 AM   #129
Hollie_Rollie
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: SD43
I have been scammed please HELP

Your best bet is to get legal counsel at this point. I wouldn’t keep asking the forum to guide you on your best next steps.

Best of luck , crappy situation all around

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Hollie_Rollie is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 04:02 AM   #130
slus
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, Pelagos
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolexRV View Post

She reconigzed her bank account and at least one of the two wires (the Spanish one)

She explained me that a colleague from him from outside the US is using that account for bitcoins investment reasons. She has no idea of watches. Nothing.

I told her she is commiting a crime and just sent by email the screenshots of the transactions. She told me she will return the money but who knows. I would really need someone to help me to file a report please. I have all the information
Fantastic job tipping her off, hopefully she isn't in the wind now. Have you reported this to the FBI Internet Crimes division that has been recommended several times now, and the local Police Department or county sheriff?

I am failing to see the reason that you need someone else to do this for you. I tend to believe your story, but I'm not about to pick up the phone and accuse someone I have never met of being a mule for a 3rd party who is ripping someone else off, that I read about on the internet. They wouldn't pay any attention to that kind of call anyway. Call the local PD where that woman was and have as many facts and details to present as possible. Do not be as vague as you have been in this thread.
slus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 04:02 AM   #131
Chiboy
"TRF" Member

Watch: Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by KY.. View Post
I read page 1 a few days ago, and while I have sympathy for OP, I was surprised to see that he hadn't joined in the last few days and that this wasn't his first post. Reading page 5 now, I am even more sympathetic about OP's situation, but surmise that this transaction was fraught with red flags and not great decisions. I hope OP gets his money back, but I wouldn't be waiting on the seller to make things right. Seems like an incredible long shot that seller is legit.
Old 5 January 2024, 04:17 AM   #132
amh
"TRF" Member

Watch: Various
Quote:
Originally Posted by S7gpt View Post
can the 'scammer' read all these posts being placed here ?
Yes

Quote:
Agree. Weird thread at the very least.

14k is not much to some people, to others it's a small fortune. No way I'd be wiring that much to a foreign country and to a receiver who is completely unknown.

I for one would not volunteer to 'help' at this point. Otherwise you may end up being tangled up in the mess. (Friend, colleague, bank accounts, and now bitcoin.... it all stinks to high heaven.)
amh is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 04:18 AM   #133
nighthawk77
2024 Pledge Member

Not sure I would be sending that amount of money internationally with little to no feedback on the seller, and some other red flags along the way, but good luck and I hope you get your money back OP.
nighthawk77 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 04:51 AM   #134
Guppydriver

Watch: 126710BLNR
From Spain to Cloverville Ca. to Fort Wayne and now somehow Louisville. I'm excited for the Netflix version to be released.

Suerte OP! No hagas caso a las personas que te estan castigando, no ayuda nada. Eres la victima y nada mas. Espero que lo puedas resolver lo antes posible y recuperar los fondos. Lamento muchisimo que esto te haya pasado.
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 05:09 AM   #135
PandaSPUR
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Interesting, sounds like she was also scammed.

Scammer to DH: "Invest in BTC with me and make thousands per day!"
DH: "lies, prove it"
Scammer: "Here's 14k that will land in your bank account as a sign of good faith. Use that to buy BTC and send to my wallet and you'll make even more"

Then scammer gets OP here to wire the money to DH. Ideally DH does indeed buy BTC and sends it to the scammer. Scammer now has clean BTC thats multiple steps removed from the original scam. Much easier to transfer BTC back to cash without a trail in some countries too.
PandaSPUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 05:11 AM   #136
KatGirl

Quote:

After his last post, I am suspicious. The hyphenated spelling of incredible, for emphasis is odd, especially since English is his second language, supposedly. Also, who would let a “colleague” use their bank account to buy and/or sell bitcoin? Now, I think we ARE being punked.
Also, sending half the money to one account, and having someone else send half to another account, to 2 different women, in 2 different states! Very fishy! No highly educated person would be that reckless, with thousands of dollars! Also, the math was off.

Kat

Old 5 January 2024, 05:29 AM   #137
Guppydriver

Watch: 126710BLNR
Quote:
After his last post, I am suspicious. The hyphenated spelling of incredible, for emphasis is odd, especially since English is his second language, supposedly. Also, who would let a “colleague” use their bank account to buy and/or sell bitcoin? Now, I think we ARE being punked.
Also, sending half the money to one account, and having someone else send half to another account, to 2 different women, in 2 different states! Very fishy! Also, the math was off.

Kat

Suspicion is always warranted for sure Kat.

However, in this case I find the syntax and morphology of the OP's posts very much modeled after that of a native Spanish speaker. Also the Spanish version of incredible is a cognate and it is common to say the Spanish "Increible" in a cadence that very much matches the hyphenation the OP wrote. (I've lived in and studied in Spain as well as Mexico)

You make great points though. I just don't think anyone is paying 30 bucks to be a pledge member just to punk with a bunch of forum members.

This whole thing with the woman in Indiana is fascinating though, I'm tuned in.
Guppydriver is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 05:31 AM   #138
rolexRV
2024 Pledge Member

How can you say I am troll in such a situation
Old 5 January 2024, 05:36 AM   #139
KatGirl

Quote:
Originally Posted by Guppydriver View Post
Suspicion is always warranted for sure Kat.

However, in this case I find the syntax and morphology of the OP's posts very much modeled after that of a native Spanish speaker. Also the Spanish version of incredible is a cognate and it is common to say the Spanish "Increible" in a cadence that very much matches the hyphenation the OP wrote. (I've lived in and studied in Spain as well as Mexico)

You make great points though. I just don't think anyone is paying 30 bucks to be a pledge member just to punk with a bunch of forum members.

This whole thing with the woman in Indiana is fascinating though, I'm tuned in.

I hope I’m wrong. I’m teased a lot by family and friends, for being really bright, but not having much common sense, and I would never consider, for a minute, wiring a perfect stranger, who hadn’t been vetted, at all, 14 grand. That ANYONE would do that, is almost beyond belief.

Kat

Old 5 January 2024, 05:40 AM   #140
S7gpt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
sorry for the situation you find yourself in and really hope you get some resolution, sometimes even those who carry out every check possible can still end up being scammed.

best of luck
Old 5 January 2024, 05:52 AM   #141
slus
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD, Pelagos
Quote:
Also, sending half the money to one account, and having someone else send half to another account, to 2 different women, in 2 different states! Very fishy! No highly educated person would be that reckless, with thousands of dollars! Also, the math was off.

Kat

Plot Twist: Left heartbroken and alone, watching Indiana Dawn's cruise ship sail into the sunset from its Spanish port of call instead of her returning with the cruse ship store special overpriced second hand TT Datejust he was promised on that sunny Thursday afternoon, OP looks at his bare wrist and vows to take revenge in the way that will inflict the most damage possible: a fraudulent fraud story, unleashing the internet watch nerds on her home and place of business.

Ehh on second thought I think his story is more believable
slus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 05:55 AM   #142
KY..
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 60s to 90s
Quote:
I’m sorry, but your scam example is so far out in left field that what do expect everyone to believe?
You are saying you bank wired money to some person in a different country for a watch, but the person you wired the money to is not the person you are supposedly buying the watch from.
Plus, if you actually get the watch, what would be the benefit of buying overseas and then needing to deal with customs?
I don’t understand the thinking.
So maybe I’m just too old in age at this point to think this is a brilliant thing for anyone to do for a watch they can get at home.
If real my apologies and good luck to you, but something smells!
Old 5 January 2024, 05:58 AM   #143
dickbissell
"TRF" Member

The OP's request for "help" in the States to me is a red flag as well.
dickbissell is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 06:05 AM   #144
Watchmanaz
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116610 Submariner
The op is full of ........ this appears to be a scam in itself.
Watchmanaz is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 06:44 AM   #145
Greguet
"TRF" Member

Watch: Patek
Quote:
I’m sorry, but your scam example is so far out in left field that what do expect everyone to believe?
You are saying you bank wired money to some person in a different country for a watch, but the person you wired the money to is not the person you are supposedly buying the watch from.
Plus, if you actually get the watch, what would be the benefit of buying overseas and then needing to deal with customs?
I don’t understand the thinking.
So maybe I’m just too old in age at this point to think this is a brilliant thing for anyone to do for a watch they can get at home.
If real my apologies and good luck to you, but something smells!
Maybe, if all you read is this thread, its hard to judge. I was in due diligence on the seller who had over 50 posts here in the last year and half a dozen classifieds. None sold though, which was another red flag.

Ultimately there were enough red flags that I shied away. I believe RolexRV and that the scam was in play here long before him. Also surprising is that the for sale posts were up for days after he was banned, including an external email link allowing a new prospect to communicate, if they didn't notice the ban.

As a Canadian, we often buy things from the US and pay the duty and tax to have it shipped home. Sometimes its availability and other times is still a better price.

Greg
Greguet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 07:52 AM   #146
PandaSPUR
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Kat

Either I'm getting confused reading your post or I think you got the OP's post mixed up. If I'm understanding correctly, the OP only sent the money to one person. The other address and bank info was someone else sharing their experience with the same seller. And the person claiming their bank acct was being used for BTC was the person who the OP apparently sent their payment to.

I don't really see what the OP has to gain from making this up other than maybe some weird form of entertainment. Interesting thread so far though lol.
PandaSPUR is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 07:53 AM   #147
INC
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: 17000B, B+W
Quote:
Probably because this story is getting more and more ridiculous day by the day. You started it with a pure fraud case, but for now this is closer to a cheap soap opera. Honestly, the surprise in this case isn't that it doesn't go flawlessly, it's that someone thought it is a normal process that should go well.

But it is just my humble opinion.
INC is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 08:00 AM   #148
LightOnAHill
"TRF" Member

Watch: YG DD lchdp
Ibtl
LightOnAHill is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 5 January 2024, 08:06 AM   #149
S7gpt
"TRF" Member

OP seems legit to me, terrible situation for him...
Old 5 January 2024, 08:10 AM   #150
kopi-c
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Xky View Post
I’ve seen a few of these threads on here now where people are getting scammed by sellers on TRF. seems way too easy for scammers to scam people on TRF.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
I propose to just get rid of the buying/selling listing and just talk about watch collecting as a hobby/enthusiast.
kopi-c is online now   Reply With Quote