The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 10 April 2023, 12:29 PM   #1
rolex_pl85
Banned

Melbourne RSC Australia

Hi All,

Anyone had recent experiences with Melbourne RSC? My friend is asking who is not on this forum but the recent reviews on google as really really bad.

Whats the go there? I thought they had good reputation.

Any recent feedback?

Cheers
rolex_pl85 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2023, 12:36 PM   #2
Emery
"TRF" Member

I sent my watch there for a service.

It came back.

It was working.

Not sure what else could be expected out of a service centre?
Not being snarky btw, just really not sure what could’ve let me down along the way.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2023, 12:54 PM   #3
Singapore Sling
"TRF" Member

It's a fair question because not all Rolex Service centres are equal. They should be, but experiences differ in a systematic way.

Some of them are not as communicative, some don't follow instructions as well and so on.

I'm afraid I can't help you directly with info on Melbourne but I remember reading on here that two centres were merged.

In the absence of negative online feedback, that's the pace top go if you want the warranty card after service
Singapore Sling is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2023, 01:06 PM   #4
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
I have had watches serviced at RSC Melbourne.

Came back running at around zero sec/day and like new.

I recommend them for servicing and the polishing was very well done.

If you are in Oz you now have no other RSC options unless you send them overseas.

But:

It seem that they are now not open to the public and all requirements have to go through an AD?

I was told by my AD last week that the waiting time for service is now up to 8 months and could be less than that for warranty work.

We have a small population in Oz and long distances between cities but one RSC in Oz does seem a bit light on?

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2023, 02:13 PM   #5
rolex_pl85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Emery View Post
I sent my watch there for a service.

It came back.

It was working.

Not sure what else could be expected out of a service centre?
Not being snarky btw, just really not sure what could’ve let me down along the way.
How long was the service time? I'm seeing reviews like they never get back to you or that their customer service has gone down the drain.

Also things like ppl waiting 5-6 weeks and then being told it will be another 6 months for simple things. Not sure thats why I'm asking for recent feedback.
Old 10 April 2023, 02:15 PM   #6
rolex_pl85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post
I have had watches serviced at RSC Melbourne.

Came back running at around zero sec/day and like new.

I recommend them for servicing and the polishing was very well done.

If you are in Oz you now have no other RSC options unless you send them overseas.

But:

It seem that they are now not open to the public and all requirements have to go through an AD?

I was told by my AD last week that the waiting time for service is now up to 8 months and could be less than that for warranty work.

We have a small population in Oz and long distances between cities but one RSC in Oz does seem a bit light on?
I agree having Sydney RSC shutdown was a shame. I had experience with Sydney and they were great.

I did not hear anything about them not being open to the public. Not sure how scalable that would be if someone wanted to service their 10, 20 or 30 year old watch. Would they need to go into an AD for that? Doesnt sound right to me to handle it that way.

I did hear about 8 months for a service which seems quite long if I'm honest. Last time I used RSC it was max 3 months for pretty much anything and in most cases was back with me in 6-8 weeks.

Just looking for some recent experience. My friend is tossing up between going to RSC or an independent however most standalone watch makers have lost their parts accounts with Rolex so how does that work?
Old 10 April 2023, 02:26 PM   #7
Andad
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: A few.
I am 850km from the Melbourne RSC and I was unable to contact them by phone on the number shown on their website.
The number was answered by a recording stating unobtainable.

When I contacted my AD in Melbourne I was told that AD’s have a number for them but it is not available to the public.

Someone in Melbourne may know if they are open to walk-ins.

Andad is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2023, 03:34 PM   #8
Moondoggy
"TRF" Member

Watch: and wait
I've only had positive experiences with them however last time I used them was four years ago, whether things have changed I do not know.
Moondoggy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2023, 04:08 PM   #9
msum
"TRF" Member

I am surprised there aren’t more responses.

I have been thinking of walking in at some point (a “dirty” minute hand from the factory), so I will try to remember to report back…
msum is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2023, 05:32 PM   #10
steve099
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116619LB
Quote:
Originally Posted by rolex_pl85 View Post
How long was the service time? I'm seeing reviews like they never get back to you or that their customer service has gone down the drain.

Also things like ppl waiting 5-6 weeks and then being told it will be another 6 months for simple things. Not sure thats why I'm asking for recent feedback.
They took 6 months to service and refinished my 116169LB. Came back like factory new. This was in 2021.
steve099 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2023, 07:31 PM   #11
crowncollection
"TRF" Member

Watch in at present I am told 8 months

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Old 10 April 2023, 08:44 PM   #12
Giangos
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG BLRO, Sub C, WG
I’ve sent two watches there in the past 3 years and both times it was a very crappy outcome.

The first watch was a vintage DJ that my dad gave me when I was 18. I wore the hell out of it and it performed really well. At one point it got moisture in it so it was time for a service. After a very expensive repair, it came back looking good, but the crown jammed almost as soon as I got it back. Back it went, and fixed under warranty. Months later I got it back and put it in the safe. About a year later I checked it out, crown was jammed again. So it has stayed there and I will probably never wear it again. Having spent more on servicing the watch than it’s actual monetary value, I see no reason to spend more money on it.

The second service was to a BLRO. To cut a long story short, similar poor service, very expensive as well. I was told that my repair would not be covered under warranty due to misuse. Total rubbish, I would know if that was the case and I would never try and hoodwink anyone in life for a freebie. I don’t need to lie to a RSC for a free repair, ridiculous. I was totally shocked that Rolex would squirm out of their responsibility to honor a warranty repair. And more so that I was told in writing no less that I had damaged my own watch with misuse. My AD whom this watch went via was also unimpressed with the whole saga.

Needless to say, I’m no fan of the Melbourne RSC, and I’m not looking forward to dealing with them again.

Giangos is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10 April 2023, 09:27 PM   #13
rolex_pl85
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by steve099 View Post
They took 6 months to service and refinished my 116169LB. Came back like factory new. This was in 2021.
Quote:
Originally Posted by crowncollection View Post
Watch in at present I am told 8 months

Pretty long wait times if I'm honest. Sydney RSC was much much better than those times. Thanks for the feedback.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Giangos View Post
I’ve sent two watches there in the past 3 years and both times it was a very crappy outcome.

The first watch was a vintage DJ that my dad gave me when I was 18. I wore the hell out of it and it performed really well. At one point it got moisture in it so it was time for a service. After a very expensive repair, it came back looking good, but the crown jammed almost as soon as I got it back. Back it went, and fixed under warranty. Months later I got it back and put it in the safe. About a year later I checked it out, crown was jammed again. So it has stayed there and I will probably never wear it again. Having spent more on servicing the watch than it’s actual monetary value, I see no reason to spend more money on it.

The second service was to a BLRO. To cut a long story short, similar poor service, very expensive as well. I was told that my repair would not be covered under warranty due to misuse. Total rubbish, I would know if that was the case and I would never try and hoodwink anyone in life for a freebie. I don’t need to lie to a RSC for a free repair, ridiculous. I was totally shocked that Rolex would squirm out of their responsibility to honor a warranty repair. And more so that I was told in writing no less that I had damaged my own watch with misuse. My AD whom this watch went via was also unimpressed with the whole saga.

Needless to say, I’m no fan of the Melbourne RSC, and I’m not looking forward to dealing with them again.

That's horrible mate. Would put a sour taste in my mouth for sure especially if they wont honor their own work with warranty and suggesting you mishandled your watch.

I will show my mate this feedback and let him make his own decision. Its not like he has much choice anyway as some of the independents he talked to advised him also they no longer have a parts account with Rolex.

This sucks especially if you want to have things like dial swaps done or buy extra bracelet etc....you have no choice but to go to RSC for those things.

Such a shame really. RSC both in Melb and Sydney used to be good. I wonder whats happened in Melbourne to make it so crappy.
Old 10 April 2023, 11:14 PM   #14
Emery
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I’ve sent 2 watches in in the past 3 years for regular service (both watches were around the 10 year mark). This went in through an AD.

Turnaround was about 3 months for both watches, and in line with the estimates provided prior to works commencing.
Emery is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12 April 2023, 09:13 PM   #15
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Watch: DSSD
Quote:

All I know is that I sent a watch in to Melbourne RSC for routine servicing(no polishing) before Christmas and it came back within 8 weeks and the watch is running well.
It came up in conversation that anything which is to be polished will take far longer as things currently stand.

I have had the vast bulk of my servicing done at Melbourne and overall, I have been very happy with what they have done for a number of decades and anything that's not quite up to scratch is rectified to my satisfaction.
They have even done a little job for me FOC on a couple of occassions.
Maybe I'm simply on the approved list
Dirt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2023, 05:57 PM   #16
pbrowne
"TRF" Member

Would Singapore be a better option in terms of price, turnaround and quality of service?
pbrowne is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 May 2023, 09:34 PM   #17
nGage7962
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ41 TT Champagne
Picking a watch up on Wednesday that has been serviced there. I will report back.

DSSD
DJ 41 TT/Champagne
Tudor GMT
nGage7962 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 23 May 2023, 11:09 AM   #18
praha335ci
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT2C;TT Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by pbrowne View Post
Would Singapore be a better option in terms of price, turnaround and quality of service?
Actually Kuala Lumpur in Malaysia would be a better choice overall. Turnaround can be as little as 2 weeks; cost for a routine service at Malaysian Ringgit 1000 which is around the A$300 ; attention to detail is exceptionally good and always informing the customer on Whatsapp regarding the progress. The other option would be to consider using watchwise in the Hay st Mall. The watchmaker used to work for Rosendorff when they had the AD and was trained in Geneve by Rolex. Prices are quite reasonable ; attention to detail excellent overall.
praha335ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 24 May 2023, 09:32 PM   #19
nGage7962
"TRF" Member

Baby (Tudor GMT) is back from Melbourne RSC. So far so good. Needs a little more wrist time to really know. One of the problems in my case is that it was a warranty repair and so they don't actually tell you what they did.

DSSD
DJ 41 TT/Champagne
Tudor GMT
Old 24 May 2023, 10:46 PM   #20
rolex_pl85
Banned

Does anyone have Rolex RSC Melbourne email address?

I tried phoning but no one is answering.
Old 25 May 2023, 03:23 AM   #21
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Does anyone have Rolex RSC Melbourne email address?

I tried phoning but no one is answering.
Melbourne RSC only ever works through the dealers and boutiques.
They don't deal with the public on any level.
Old 25 May 2023, 07:54 AM   #22
nGage7962
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
That is not really true. I called and spoke with them to get a status update on my repair a couple of weeks ago. They were very nice and very helpful to talk to.

Having said that I do believe that if you have a repair/service etc. then it needs to go via a dealer/boutique now, but they will take your call.

DSSD
DJ 41 TT/Champagne
Tudor GMT
Old 25 May 2023, 08:04 AM   #23
Tritto
"TRF" Member

There are no Rolex ADs in Tasmania. Does that mean I'd need to send my watch to a third party in another state so they could then send it on to Rolex? What a pain in the arse.

Tritto is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 25 May 2023, 01:24 PM   #24
Dirt
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by nGage7962 View Post
That is not really true. I called and spoke with them to get a status update on my repair a couple of weeks ago. They were very nice and very helpful to talk to.

Having said that I do believe that if you have a repair/service etc. then it needs to go via a dealer/boutique now, but they will take your call.
Good to know
Old 27 August 2023, 10:03 PM   #25
SkyJuice
"TRF" Member

Recently sent my watch to Melbourne RSC for a warranty repair due to low amplitude and not keeping time. The watch came back with lots of scratches on both the case and bracelet! Quite disappointing actually.
SkyJuice is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 11:29 AM   #26
2careless
"TRF" Member

Watch: Pepsi
Hi, are there recent experience? My GMT2 needs a service as it's not keeping time well.
2careless is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 03:08 PM   #27
996marty
"TRF" Member

Watch: RolexGMT/Tudor7928
If your friend wants to go the independent route on servicing Michael Woods in Colac Victoria comes highly recommended
996marty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 05:22 PM   #28
belutak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Variety
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andad View Post
I am 850km from the Melbourne RSC and I was unable to contact them by phone on the number shown on their website.
The number was answered by a recording stating unobtainable.

When I contacted my AD in Melbourne I was told that AD’s have a number for them but it is not available to the public.

Someone in Melbourne may know if they are open to walk-ins.
I confirm they are open to walk ins and are attentive and quite pleasant to work with. I even had a minor adjustment for my out or warranty OP done free of charge within 10 days.

Actually, I do not recommend any other service center than this official RSC for those living in Victoria. Cannot say anything for Sydney metro area though, theirs may be OK too.
belutak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 05:24 PM   #29
belutak
"TRF" Member

Watch: Variety
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dirt View Post
This is not correct. Sorry.
belutak is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 2 May 2024, 05:34 PM   #30
aboutime
"TRF" Member

My last experience with the Melbourne RSC was before they moved to their new premises. We serviced both our watches, whole process was fairly well explained to us. They were easy enough to contact. The service itself took significantly longer than expected but that was during the Melbourne Covid lockdowns so I guess they may not have been able to work. About 6-7 months from memory. Didn’t bother us as we weren’t going anywhere anyway. I’m potential going to bring another watch to them and up they still accept public enquiries!
aboutime is online now   Reply With Quote