The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 28 March 2024, 09:48 AM   #61
forg
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Hulk, BLRO
Congrats enjoy
forg is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2024, 10:13 AM   #62
Rolexnabzy
"TRF" Member

My experience buying in Saudi/Qatar

Quote:
Originally Posted by praha335ci View Post
Excellent choice. I was wondering if it was a bit easier to purchase in Qatar or in Saudi Arabia? I tend to fly through the middle east quite often utilizing Qatar airways . Will also be in Riyadh next year to check out the NEOM the Line projects as well as the Sindallah , Trojena, Hexagon projects;. Saudi Arabia is really very open and dynamic with their radical construction transformation / de desertification .
Qatar....biggest pro is no tax and some of the cheapest retail prices I have personally seen anywhere..Con don't seem to have a large amount of stock

Saudi...Con one of the highest retail prices from my experience, on average approximately 1000 to 2000 pounds more expensive than retail UK prices....biggest pro is the large inventory they maintain....for example just today my sales contact shared what he has available and those were pieces he could openly advertise as I know they have a decent amount of more exclusive stock as well.....as for the items he could advertise they included: GRNR both TT and full gold, airking, sea dweller 43, TT submariner both black and blue, full yellow and white gold submariner, yachtmaster 37 and 40 and pretty much all variations including oysterflex, explorer 36, every variant of TT skydweller and full gold and oysterflex, daytona oysterflex yellow gold white dial, multiple full bracelet rose gold and white gold daytona variants, multiple day date 40 variants in white, rose gold and yellow gold and deep-sea both blue and black....for those who have access they have plenty other items such as ghosts pikachus and all other items that demand a nickname 😆
Rolexnabzy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2024, 10:36 AM   #63
praha335ci
"TRF" Member

Watch: GMT2C;TT Daytona
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexnabzy View Post
Qatar....biggest pro is no tax and some of the cheapest retail prices I have personally seen anywhere..Con don't seem to have a large amount of stock

Saudi...Con one of the highest retail prices from my experience, on average approximately 1000 to 2000 pounds more expensive than retail UK prices....biggest pro is the large inventory they maintain....for example just today my sales contact shared what he has available and those were pieces he could openly advertise as I know they have a decent amount of more exclusive stock as well.....as for the items he could advertise they included: GRNR both TT and full gold, airking, sea dweller 43, TT submariner both black and blue, full yellow and white gold submariner, yachtmaster 37 and 40 and pretty much all variations including oysterflex, explorer 36, every variant of TT skydweller and full gold and oysterflex, daytona oysterflex yellow gold white dial, multiple full bracelet rose gold and white gold daytona variants, multiple day date 40 variants in white, rose gold and yellow gold and deep-sea both blue and black....for those who have access they have plenty other items such as ghosts pikachus and all other items that demand a nickname 😆
Thanks for your insight. Will be flying back via from Central Asia and the Caucasus with a short stopover in Qatar. Will check out their selections whilst there.Been in communication with dealers in Baku Azerbaijan and also Tbilisi in Georgia and they mentioned about increasing availability there. Keen on a TT Rolex blue Submariner.
praha335ci is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 28 March 2024, 04:41 PM   #64
Gerardus
"TRF" Member

Watch: ♕
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwatcher View Post
Gerardus, I love that exact configuration…if only it was offered in 36! Renewed congratulations.
Thank you for your comment 👍 have a nice day

♕16570 ♕126610 ♕126333
Gerardus is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 29 March 2024, 04:06 AM   #65
TimeLord2
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: GMT Master 1675/3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Moonwatcher View Post
TimeLord2, since you appreciate the Rootbeer…
I do indeed! Nice trio Moonwatcher!
TimeLord2 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 31 March 2024, 08:44 PM   #66
SALTY
"TRF" Member

Watch: Your Six
Place me solidly in the TT fan club.

Yes, Rolex sport models used to be "tool watches" but lets be honest, that ship has sailed save for a very few dedicated souls.

While all gold seems like a choice, the TT sport models bespeak the heritage of the tool watch era while acknowleging, if not harkening, the luxury status that is both more contemporary and honest.

Just my two-cents; YMMV.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Rolex Two Tone Trio 20%.jpg (142.2 KB, 193 views)
Old 31 March 2024, 09:29 PM   #67
colonelpurple
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rolexnabzy View Post

Saudi...Con one of the highest retail prices from my experience, on average approximately 1000 to 2000 pounds more expensive than retail UK prices....biggest pro is the large inventory they maintain....for example just today my sales contact shared what he has available and those were pieces he could openly advertise as I know they have a decent amount of more exclusive stock as well.....as for the items he could advertise they included: GRNR both TT and full gold, airking, sea dweller 43, TT submariner both black and blue, full yellow and white gold submariner, yachtmaster 37 and 40 and pretty much all variations including oysterflex, explorer 36, every variant of TT skydweller and full gold and oysterflex, daytona oysterflex yellow gold white dial, multiple full bracelet rose gold and white gold daytona variants, multiple day date 40 variants in white, rose gold and yellow gold and deep-sea both blue and black....for those who have access they have plenty other items such as ghosts pikachus and all other items that demand a nickname ��
Thanks for your insight. Just BTW all the PM and TT models you mention are readily available in the UK if you look around.. the exception will be some combinations of DJ. The Daytona oysterflex PM are also not usually in stock but not a long waiting time. Same as TT sub. Airkings are available. The only one which is a medium waiting list, under a year probably, is the SD
colonelpurple is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2024, 04:36 AM   #68
Yeezy_008
"TRF" Member

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Yeezy_008 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2024, 05:09 AM   #69
bcr1
"TRF" Member

I'm somewhat sentimental with TT Rolex watches. My first Rolex is a SD TT and I love it!
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Compress_20220528_131943_3287.jpg (273.7 KB, 122 views)
bcr1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2024, 05:17 AM   #70
APhound
"TRF" Member

Tied this on this morning and really liked it but went a different direction

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
APhound is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 21 April 2024, 05:58 AM   #71
HeartRolex
"TRF" Member

Watch: ROLEXROLEXROLEX
TT fan here, in 36 DJ and GMT II.
As a woman TT is perfection when you love and wear both metals.
HeartRolex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2024, 03:25 AM   #72
alphadweller
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
TT rocks.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Sub_21Apr24.jpg (255.1 KB, 80 views)
alphadweller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 22 April 2024, 03:44 AM   #73
RolexDave68
"TRF" Member

Watch: 116613LN

My daily well loved and thoroughly enjoyed TT LN Sub. Get what you love and enjoy this journey
RolexDave68 is offline   Reply With Quote