The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Other (non-Rolex) Watch Topics > Ω Omega Discussion Forum

Prev Previous Post   Next Post Next
Old 7 January 2021, 03:02 AM   #1
khalifam
"TRF" Member

Omega discounts STOPPING?

Hey all,

I had a chat with my AD this morning - she informs me that Omega/buying team are more and more encouraging AD's to not discount popular models such as the Speedy, SMP and Rail Master. I kind of laughed and said is that an early April fools joke? She was serious citing that last year they offered no discount on a speedy or the 007 models... Again, I took light of the situation and asked did anyone buy any speedys or 007 models?!... She said as these watches are becoming more popular they are stopping discounts.

Got onto the phone to my Tudor AD who is an Omega AD and he took stated that the days of getting 20% off an Omega is slowly dying and his rationale was that other Swiss brands such as Tudor, Rolex, VC don't offer that level of discount and so felt that Omega commanded the same "respect" I couldn't help but be shocked by this.

Fast forward a few hours I called Goldsmith's where I purchased my speedy from last year at 20% off RRP and asked if I could buy the hesalite version at the same discount and I was told.... Absolutely not.

I'm a bit taken back by this... Has anyone heard similar? Thoughts on this?

Sent from my SM-N986B using Tapatalk
khalifam is offline   Reply With Quote