The Rolex Forums   The Rolex Watch

ROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEXROLEX

Go Back   Rolex Forums - Rolex Watch Forum > Rolex & Tudor Watch Topics > Rolex General Discussion

Old 6 January 2024, 11:35 PM   #1
Bill2e
"TRF" Member

Watch: SD43
Mayors Jacksonville FL

Does anyone know when the remodel will be completed?

They lost Rolex last year until the remodel is complete

Just sounder if the will actually get the brand back or if gone for ever.
Bill2e is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 12:04 AM   #2
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Sub, DJ41, GMT
I don’t know but I got my last three Rolexes at Underwood in Ponte Vedra, including my BLNR.

I got my Seamaster at Mayors several years back, but I had no idea they were in the process of remodeling.

All I know is that Underwood came through for me, but Mayors did not.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Krash is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 12:19 AM   #3
Bill2e
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Krash View Post
I don’t know but I got my last three Rolexes at Underwood in Ponte Vedra, including my BLNR.

I got my Seamaster at Mayors several years back, but I had no idea they were in the process of remodeling.

All I know is that Underwood came through for me, but Mayors did not.

Yeah, Underwood’s PV is nice. Had a great conversation with one of their salesman.

Wasn’t really in the market for me, but looking for a OP36 Pink Candy for my wife.

I know I am not getting with out a spend history.

Bought my Tag, SD43 & Explorer II Polar from Mayors along with a few other things, so I actually have a history.

Originally they said Spring of this year, but I stopped by the temp location and now they are saying December 24.

2 years for a remodel seems excessive.

I also don’t know if they are actually getting the brand back.

May have to start over at Underwood’s.

Do you know what other brands they carry beside Rolex & Tudor?
Old 7 January 2024, 12:25 AM   #4
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bill2e View Post
Yeah, Underwood’s PV is nice. Had a great conversation with one of their salesman.

Wasn’t really in the market for me, but looking for a OP36 Pink Candy for my wife.

Bought my Tag, SD43 & Explorer II Polar from Mayors along with a few other things, so I actually have a history.

Originally they said Spring of this year, but I stopped by the temp location and now they are saying December 24.

I believe Underwood only has Rolex, Tudor, Seiko, and Grand Seiko. Unlike Mayors and other ADs, they don't sell a lot of other brands.

The thing I find interesting is that I actually had a purchase history with Mayors, but it was Underwood who came through with my Rolexes. Mayors did not.
Old 7 January 2024, 12:36 AM   #5
Jackie Daytona
2024 ROLEX DATEJUST41 Pledge Member

Watch: 16750
Although I’m not in market, just speaking from similar that happened here and grew up there a bit when I was younger.

Finks was the last AD for about 2 years here, they lost AD status for a bit, then Diamond Cellars opened as an AD. Probably 3-4 years later after they opened another Finks remodeled in the right way for the current Rolex model and of course are an AD again. Sounds kinda similar to the Mayors situation then.
Old 7 January 2024, 12:38 AM   #6
Calatrava r
2024 Pledge Member

Watch: Rolex and Patek
Never heard of agreeing to undertake the renovations, but losing the brand until they are done. How can the merchant pay for it with no Rolex revenue?
Calatrava r is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 01:09 AM   #7
Jh99
"TRF" Member

Underwood’s PV is the way to go. Mayors didn’t come through for me and was an off putting experience in general when I inquired.
Jh99 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 02:57 AM   #8
Sgooter
2024 Pledge Member

While on vacation 2 years ago, I visited Mayors at Millenia Mall (Orlando). They had no inventory for sale, but their 3 security guys were ready for action. I endured a conversation with a young self-impressed SA who placed me on their list for an Exp II. I phoned Mayors a year later, and they had no record of me ever being on their wait list, which didn't surprise me.
Sgooter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 03:13 AM   #9
HHIslander
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jh99 View Post
Underwood’s PV is the way to go. Mayors didn’t come through for me and was an off putting experience in general when I inquired.

Another very strong recommendation for Underwoods. Never been to Mayors.
HHIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 08:49 AM   #10
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
While on vacation 2 years ago, I visited Mayors at Millenia Mall (Orlando). They had no inventory for sale, but their 3 security guys were ready for action. I endured a conversation with a young self-impressed SA who placed me on their list for an Exp II. I phoned Mayors a year later, and they had no record of me ever being on their wait list, which didn't surprise me.
I have been in that location many many times. Today in fact. I have never seen more than one security gaurd . Always off to the side and discreet.
Kinnakeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 09:25 AM   #11
Mystro
2024 Pledge Member

Great to know. Oddly enough I am looking at a vacation home in Ponte Vedra and drove by that AD but never stopped in. I am going to stop in this spring when looking at real estate.
Old 7 January 2024, 09:30 AM   #12
Hodog16
"TRF" Member

Watch: RG Olive DD40
Used to live in St. Johns and moved away in 2018.

Underwoods is the way to go. The manager at Mayors was rather frosty--not sure if she is still there or not. Interesting they lost AD status.
Hodog16 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 09:32 AM   #13
Bill2e
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Mystro View Post
Great to know. Oddly enough I am looking at a vacation home in Ponte Vedra and drove by that AD but never stopped in. I am going to stop in this spring when looking at real estate.

May I ask why that area?

I live in Fernandina Beach, 45 minutes north and better in every way.

PM me if you have questions
Old 7 January 2024, 01:33 PM   #14
Dawgprint
"TRF" Member

Quote:
May I ask why that area?

I live in Fernandina Beach, 45 minutes north and better in every way.

PM me if you have questions
Shhhhh Bill, we have enuff yankees….lol
Dawgprint is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 01:41 PM   #15
InvalidUserID
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sgooter View Post
I live near the Mayor's in Orlando at Mall of Millenia and I have visited that store 3-4 times a year. My SA was Tim Robinson who told me he would register me for a watch registry list. Told me that they allocate watches based upon random draws of the pool of people waiting, otherwise it would not be fair to wait very long since the registry lists are so long and that spend history didn't matter because it would not be fair for those who want to get their first Rolex. He said to come back in to check with him once every 3-6 months to let him know I am still interested in my registry. If I didn't, the system would then assume I am no longer interested and would not get the call.

I visited him every 3-6 months like mentioned and on one particular date, he said I haven't been there in a year. I then knew he was just making me kick rocks and never came back to that store nor even tried to deal with him.

Anyway, I don't think his reasoning was genuine at all. Have gone there several times and they never logged me for stopping by to update my "profile" to being actively interested.
InvalidUserID is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 04:39 PM   #16
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Based upon past actions, I would expect that when Mayors JAX remodel and Rolex boutique section is completed that Underwood will lose their AD status.
Fleetlord is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 07:13 PM   #17
HHIslander
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fleetlord View Post
Based upon past actions, I would expect that when Mayors JAX remodel and Rolex boutique section is completed that Underwood will lose their AD status.

The golfers love Underwood’s, maybe the PGA will step up.
HHIslander is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 7 January 2024, 07:30 PM   #18
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Mayors Jacksonville FL

Quote:

LOL!

Why? There is no logical basis for such an assertion.

Underwood is in the richest section of the Jacksonville/ St John’s County area. TPC Sawgrass—one of the most prestigious golf courses in the country—is down the street from it.

Old 7 January 2024, 08:42 PM   #19
Bill2e
"TRF" Member

Quote:
I don’t think so, could be wrong, but Underwood’s is well established and as said above in very good locations.
Old 7 January 2024, 09:49 PM   #20
Kinnakeet
"TRF" Member

Watch: WG Breguet Typexx
Quote:
That very well could happen. Wouldn’t surprise me.
Kinnakeet is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2024, 12:14 AM   #21
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Mayors Jacksonville FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinnakeet View Post
That very well could happen. Wouldn’t surprise me.

Why? I don’t get it. What is the reason for this? Underwood was an AD before Mayors began a renovation? Why would it be an issue now? What kind of data do you have to support this?

Old 8 January 2024, 01:11 AM   #22
Goupax
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Why? I don’t get it. What is the reason for this? Underwood was an AD before Mayors began a renovation? Why would it be an issue now? What kind of data do you have to support this?

It is only speculation at this point but one store independents like your AD are getting purged by Rolex left and right. One of them in Canada lost their license this year even though it was located in an area with wealthy people living nearby. Rolex doesn't care at this point and even less so if there is a dedicated boutique nearby owned by a multi-store jewelry chain like Mayors.

On top of that location matters a lot, Mayors is right next to other high end brands like Louis Vuitton and Tiffanny in an upscale shopping center. Not to sound too rude but your Underwood store from the outside looks a bit rubbish next to a paint shop and the whole neighborhood looks outdated. The boulevard itself is full of cracks, that part of town seems neglected and needs some tough love. I am sure it is a lovely place inside but Rolex wants to project an image of luxury and exclusivity, and there is no stone left unturned from the brand to accomplish their goals. If I were to bet on which location would make the cut, I would put my money on Mayors.
Goupax is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2024, 01:51 AM   #23
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Mayors Jacksonville FL

Quote:
Originally Posted by Goupax View Post
It is only speculation at this point but one store independents like your AD are getting purged by Rolex left and right. One of them in Canada lost their license this year even though it was located in an area with wealthy people living nearby. Rolex doesn't care at this point and even less so if there is a dedicated boutique nearby owned by a multi-store jewelry chain like Mayors.

On top of that location matters a lot, Mayors is right next to other high end brands like Louis Vuitton and Tiffanny in an upscale shopping center. Not to sound too rude but your Underwood store from the outside looks a bit rubbish next to a paint shop and the whole neighborhood looks outdated. The boulevard itself is full of cracks, that part of town seems neglected and needs some tough love. I am sure it is a lovely place inside but Rolex wants to project an image of luxury and exclusivity, and there is no stone left unturned from the brand to accomplish their goals. If I were to bet on which location would make the cut, I would put my money on Mayors.

Hysterical. Have you been to Ponte Vedra Beach and the Palm Valley area?

EDIT: they have three stores in the Jacksonville area.

Old 8 January 2024, 02:58 AM   #24
physicist
"TRF" Member

Quote:

I think they just picked up Grand Seiko.
physicist is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2024, 04:19 AM   #25
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:

Yeah that Underwoods storefront isn't going to cut it...

JAX doesn't need that many Rolex AD locations.
Old 8 January 2024, 04:25 AM   #26
Patekfinder
Banned

Mayors in Miami told me to buy breitling, tudor, etc. in order to offered the opportunity to buy a Rolex. F them, walked right out.

Patekfinder is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2024, 04:27 AM   #27
Fleetlord
"TRF" Member

Quote:
LOL!

Why? There is no logical basis for such an assertion.

Underwood is in the richest section of the Jacksonville/ St John’s County area. TPC Sawgrass—one of the most prestigious golf courses in the country—is down the street from it.

That really doesn't matter as much as you think in Rolex grand plan.

This Jeweler: https://www.leighjewelers.com. has a decent free standing store in proximity to the Orchid Island / Indian River Shores area.

Those communities rank #6 and #9 in terms of wealthiest neighborhoods in FL.

https://mfi-miami.com/2018/04/top-10...neighborhoods/

Leigh Jewelers lost their AD status about 4yrs ago. People in that area either drive to Orlando or the Palm Beach area to obtain Rolex from freshly remodeled stores and boutiques.

Will the golf connection help in that area of JAX area? Maybe. I would suspect Daytona is on the Hitlist too based on their old and inadequate facility, but the auto racing scene may prove to be an exception.

There are plenty of other independent AD who were in "affluent" areas, but had old stores in strip malls that got the axe.
Old 8 January 2024, 05:06 AM   #28
Krash
2024 Pledge Member

Mayors Jacksonville FL

Quote:
That really doesn't matter as much as you think in Rolex grand plan.

This Jeweler: https://www.leighjewelers.com. has a decent free standing store in proximity to the Orchid Island / Indian River Shores area.

Those communities rank #6 and #9 in terms of wealthiest neighborhoods in FL.

https://mfi-miami.com/2018/04/top-10...neighborhoods/

Leigh Jewelers lost their AD status about 4yrs ago. People in that area either drive to Orlando or the Palm Beach area to obtain Rolex from freshly remodeled stores and boutiques.

Will the golf connection help in that area of JAX area? Maybe. I would suspect Daytona is on the Hitlist too based on their old and inadequate facility, but the auto racing scene may prove to be an exception.

There are plenty of other independent AD who were in "affluent" areas, but had old stores in strip malls that got the axe.

I predict they’ll still be an AD three years from now.

Old 8 January 2024, 05:41 AM   #29
racerx
"TRF" Member

Quote:
Originally Posted by Patekfinder View Post
Mayors in Miami told me to buy breitling, tudor, etc. in order to offered the opportunity to buy a Rolex. F them, walked right out.

Same behavior at the Mayors in Boca. Nothing for sale, yet all the display cases are full. Maybe it’s a museum.
racerx is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 8 January 2024, 05:57 AM   #30
mrlube1151001
"TRF" Member

Watch: DJ 41 TT sub
Quote:

Would you mind sharing which A.D list his status in Canada.
mrlube1151001 is offline   Reply With Quote